F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

12-03-2020, 10:08 AM   #2091
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitry_ds View Post
How do I disable this? Now it kills all my programs in the background (TPMS, SPOTIFY, OVERLAYS)
Does it kill overlays as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #2092
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasz_pl View Post
Thank you very much for your help.
I downloaded the kswplauncher.apk file from the OTA update file.
I decompiled this file.
The words I mean are still missing in the values-pl / string.xm and values / string.xm files.
Yeah, like I said in my previous post, my mistake - look for kswpmedia instead.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #2093
Tomasz_pl
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 + F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Sorry! This is not kswplauncher.apk that you're looking for, my bad. It's KswPMedia.apk... same location though \system\app\kswpmedia\

And this one you can extract from OTA update as well.

Thank you very much for your help.

Now it's all clear.
I found what I was looking for ...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #2094
dmitry_ds
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Angry

Quote:
Does it kill overlays as well?
yes. "overlays" is a program for a widget on the top of the screen to switch music
all programs are turned off at once and only navigation remains
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:41 AM   #2095
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
How do I disable this? Now it kills all my programs in the background (TPMS, SPOTIFY, OVERLAYS)
Which overlay software are you talking about exactly ?
Whats your exact Headunit specification ?

KSWOverlay does still work on my Testbench unit.

sincerely Kri
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 10:49 AM   #2096
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
yes. "overlays" is a program for a widget on the top of the screen to switch music
all programs are turned off at once and only navigation remains
Ok you're talking about different type of the overlays. We are aware of the new very strict "rules" for the memory manager. There is a whitelist for all the apps that are allowed to run in the background, we just need to tap into that.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 11:19 AM   #2097
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 '14 2.0D

Can anybody with a similar specced unit tell me if they are able to get the steering wheel voice button to activate the default assistant. I can get it to open Nav with a long press but nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #2098
dmitry_ds
Rep

Quote:
Ok you're talking about different type of the overlays. We are aware of the new very strict "rules" for the memory manager. There is a whitelist for all the apps that are allowed to run in the background, we just need to tap into that.
how do I do this? I turned off power saving, enabled working in the background via Android settings.. nothing helps
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #2099
dmitry_ds
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
Which overlay software are you talking about exactly ?
Whats your exact Headunit specification ?

KSWOverlay does still work on my Testbench unit.

sincerely Kri
KSWOverlay works perfectly. I'll change the question a bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
[*]Feature: MemoryKiller function fully implement, seems that non ksw apps will be killed in background now if running low memory.
How do I disable this? Now it kills all my programs in the background (TPMS, Spotify,Music Widget etc)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2020, 02:30 PM   #2100
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLHH1234 View Post
Can anybody with a similar specced unit tell me if they are able to get the steering wheel voice button to activate the default assistant. I can get it to open Nav with a long press but nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated
With Tasker (google tasker logcat) you can intercept this button and launch any Android app or function you like. On some cars this deosn't work because of oem voice function (in that case you must code out the voice option from the VO). I'm using the voice button myself to launch DAB radio, and have previously used it to launch Google Assistant. It will work on your car, too, since you don't have oem voice option (that's why nothing happens when you press the button, oem voice function would be launched otherwise).

Here is the logcat event to act on (voice button is pressed when this line is present in the log):
KswMcuListener: --Mcu toString-----[ cmdType:A1 - data:17-14-01 ]

Last edited by Mjam; 12-03-2020 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-03-2020, 02:59 PM   #2101
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
How do I disable this? Now it kills all my programs in the background (TPMS, Spotify,Music Widget etc)
Downgrade to a previous version that worked for you. At the moment we have no solution for that. You have to understand that we are not talking about flipping some switches and changing few settings - these new restrictions are coded into the centerservice.apk and we need to figure out how to hack it and inject our own whitelist. A very difficult task because all allowed apps share the same signature - encrypted key that is only known to the Chinese devs.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #2102
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

Been battling ANDREAM for a refund after a screen showed delivered but nothing arrived. Having a hard time with ANDREAM to do the right thing and refund me the amount.

they are giving me the run around non stop. Poor communication and not supporting the product. I will be posting the text and emails from them. BUYER BEWARE>
      12-04-2020, 03:20 PM   #2103
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiona1993 View Post
I tried to lower the sound but the issue is still there. My last option is if there is an AUX input in the Head Unit. Also another issue that I am experiencing is that when i insert flash drive or sdcard the player that I am using does not detect it. Only the stock player detects the external drives.
There is an AUX RCA output I think in the bunch of wires, also AUX settings in Android. You may try.

What player are you talking about? I had initially similar issues with Poweramp but then sorted out that updating folders and then all tracks appeared.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #2104
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 '12

Hello, I am trying to connect the main audio of my SD625 to the car stereo digitally for the quality improvement, so far I have only been able to connect via aux from the armrest. The quality of bluetooth is much better for original bluetooth than for SD625's spotify through aux I'm a little desperate. My car is BMW F30 2012 with CIC system, 6-pin NBT screen, I don't know if I have to see that it has an MCU version of NBT, if I update to the CIC, is it possible to solve the problem? someone give me light? I'll be very greatful.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2020, 11:19 PM   #2105
daxtor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: EBII F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenmyre View Post
Because it's alot easyer to use when driving... Big icons in Spotify, Google maps. And works super with idrive.. Just wanna loose the damn cable...

Tethering you say... Can you tell me more?? A guide maybe. I have been sitting in my drive way for plenty of evenings now...

I'm running out of hair on my head soon. 😎 😜🥚
With the app Headunit Reloaded you can get wireless Android Auto working. However the connection may not be as stable as wired connection as sometimes the music may skip a little from time to time. It is a paid app but you can download the trial version to give it a try first. With that said I haven't used the wireless connection for a long time just plug the cable in every time I drive (you can also use Headunit Reloaded for wired connection as well).
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 02:14 AM   #2106
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasBAM View Post
Hello, I am trying to connect the main audio of my SD625 to the car stereo digitally for the quality improvement, so far I have only been able to connect via aux from the armrest. The quality of bluetooth is much better for original bluetooth than for SD625's spotify through aux I'm a little desperate. My car is BMW F30 2012 with CIC system, 6-pin NBT screen, I don't know if I have to see that it has an MCU version of NBT, if I update to the CIC, is it possible to solve the problem? someone give me light? I'll be very greatful.

What you are trying to achieve is impossible. Bluetooth on these units is locked to only accept connection with phones.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 05:57 AM   #2107
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
What you are trying to achieve is impossible. Bluetooth on these units is locked to only accept connection with phones.
I do not want to connect through blueooth either but I understand that there is a fiber connection that goes in the Original Radio cable harness and that I had to change to the screen harness when installing the Android screen, people say that with this The quality of the music is already good and the armrest aux is not needed, in my case the music only works if I connect the aux to the armrest (much quality is lost). My doubt is that maybe the wiring scheme varies when the MCU is NBT, my system is CIC, if I install MCU CIC in my Android Unit, maybe it could work?, I am at risk of spoiling it ?, I already came with NBT MCU but the idrive does not work well from time to time. Is it possible that I have to update MCU CIC?

So that you understand me, my car is BMW F30, almost all of them come with the NBT system (the third one in the image), but mine comes with CIC (the one in the middle). My MCU is NBT.

Last edited by EliasBAM; 12-05-2020 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #2108
EliasBAM
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexxus View Post
Goddamn. Thank you so much, this actually helps ALOT. The sound is way better now, it's louder, uses the actual surround sound now and it's also much clearer. It even made the equalizer actually work.
How did you even figure this out lol

Thanks alot

your android unit is MCU CIC or NBT? what system does your radio have? Can you review my previous answer in this thread and clear my doubts if this would work for my f30?

I have unplugged the 4 pins without getting sound in the car, do I have to restart the original HU?
thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 07:05 AM   #2109
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I do not want to connect through blueooth either but I understand that there is a fiber connection that goes in the Original Radio cable harness and that I had to change to the screen harness when installing the Android screen, people say that with this The quality of the music is already good and the armrest aux is not needed, in my case the music only works if I connect the aux to the armrest (much quality is lost). My doubt is that maybe the wiring scheme varies when the MCU is NBT, my system is CIC, if I install MCU CIC in my Android Unit, maybe it could work?, I am at risk of spoiling it ?, I already came with NBT MCU but the idrive does not work well from time to time. Is it possible that I have to update MCU CIC?

So that you understand me, my car is BMW F30, almost all of them come with the NBT system (the third one in the image), but mine comes with CIC (the one in the middle). My MCU is NBT.

Ok, now I understand. First of all MCU has nothing to do with audio quality. Second if you have CIC system and you got NBT Android then there is a big chance that most (if not all) car - Android communication won't work. Unfortunately you cannot flash CIC MCU on NBT one, at best you will see that the update failed.

As for audio routing you have few options:
1. Use external USB DAC and still use armrest AUX connector.
2. Look for a hardware guide in this thread on how to modify AUX connector (you will have to remove a resistor).
3. Code out AUX input from VO, but this may also disable other things.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #2110
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Why are you saying your car has CIC (CIC has 4 pins) while you have 6 pins NBT OEM audio. It can't be CIC with 6-pins NBT)).

I haven't seen F30 with CIC, I think all of them are 6 pins NBT (Entrynav - it doesn't matter).

So your MCU for NBT is correct. Flashing MCU for CIC may cause issues to your HU.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #2111
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 '14 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Why are you saying your car has CIC (CIC has 4 pins) while you have 6 pins NBT OEM audio. It can't be CIC with 6-pins NBT)).

I haven't seen F30 with CIC, I think all of them are 6 pins NBT (Entrynav - it doesn't matter).

So your MCU for NBT is correct. Flashing MCU for CIC may cause issues to your HU.
My car is most definatley running CIC software yet i needed a screen with a 6pin lvds connection. Headunit is a champ2.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 01:02 PM   #2112
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLHH1234 View Post
My car is most definatley running CIC software yet i needed a screen with a 6pin lvds connection. Headunit is a champ2.
Interesting. How you realise it's running CIC software? CIC and Champ2 have different software I believe yet similar UI, also that UI is similar to NBT.

I think if there's 6-pins LVDS then NBT Android HU is needed, if not Evo for later F-series models (usually 2017+).
Appreciate 0