F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > How do you adjust your seat?
GetBMWParts

05-25-2020, 09:24 AM   #23
Wgosma
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Good suggestions in this video; particularly for comfortable daily driving. I was quite amazed when when I moved my seat forward and got in close to the steering wheel and positioned myself so my shoulders did not come off the seat back as I turned the wheel - Years ago I did some auto crossing and this type of positioning aside from being comfortable is used by auto-cross folks to help in controlling the car. You kind of feel like a Grandma at first when the seat is so far forward but one gets used to it quickly and sees the benefits.

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 09:40 AM   #24
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

I also use both memory settings (no one else drives my car on a regular basis). First memory setting is as low as possible, but otherwise following the other guidelines. Wrists draped over the wheel with the wheel pulled to its max telescopic extension (hands almost always stay at 9 & 3), legs bent. I'm 5'10" and have no visibility issues.

Second setting is with all the same but with the seat raised to the "fist between my head and roof" level. First setting is for daily commutes, long drives, etc. Second is for when I'm doing more spirited driving where I want to be more aware of the placement of my car on the road in corners by being able to better see the corners of my car.

I've also removed the rear seat headrests to maximize rearward visibility, but I keep them in the underfloor storage compartment in my trunk along with a compressor/sealant combo and a basic first aid kit. If I ever need to carry more than 1 passenger (which is rare), I throw 'em back on. Sure, I can still see with them there, but I hardly ever have rear seat passengers so I figured, why not take 'em out unless needed?