F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
GetBMWParts

11-26-2019, 12:50 AM   #2575
my335i403
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Just swapped turbo and need to update to 2h 93 octane, but tells meihave insufficient map credits... i went to protuning freaks and bought the 50 dollar map bundle. Where can i now get the map?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 07:10 AM   #2576
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

you should be contacting bm3 support. You can get 3 or 4 different answers here..., or, get it directly from them (including actual support)

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #2577
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

This is probably buried in the thread somehwere but looking for a quick answer and I may not be searching correctly -

I have agreed a price with someone who is selling their license. At what point should I pay them? Should I send payment first, then have the seller follow BM3's steps for license transfer? How do I confirm that they just won't take my payment and not transfer license?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #2578
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aps View Post
This is probably buried in the thread somehwere but looking for a quick answer and I may not be searching correctly -

I have agreed a price with someone who is selling their license. At what point should I pay them? Should I send payment first, then have the seller follow BM3's steps for license transfer? How do I confirm that they just won't take my payment and not transfer license?
Use PayPal so if they screw you you can file a claim. Keep all messages and etc too. I would pay first and then they follow the procedure. I wouldn't give someone a license without them paying
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 1
aps335.50
      11-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #2579
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model Y Performance

Quote:

DO not send any money until going through Bootmod3 support. Reach out to them to let them know your intentions as a buyer and they will confirm that the license is good to go for a transfer.
Refer to this thread and learn from his mistake: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1670725
Then once they confirm, purchase using Paypal "goods and services" (not "gift/friends and family") and document everything if you can't make the purchase in person.
Any references by the seller for Venmo, cash app or gift payment/money order only etc are a hard pass.

Last edited by mlev; 11-27-2019 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
aps335.50
      11-27-2019, 11:53 AM   #2580
aps
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpriest7893 View Post
Use PayPal so if they screw you you can file a claim. Keep all messages and etc too. I would pay first and then they follow the procedure. I wouldn't give someone a license without them paying
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
DO not send any money until going through Bootmod3 support. Reach out to them to let them know your intentions as a buyer and they will confirm that the license is good to go for a transfer.
Refer to this thread and learn from his mistake: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1670725
Ugh - I ended up paying already using PayPal so that I have buyer protection. But I am going to email Bootmod3 right now. Hopefully I'm not about to fall into the same mess.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 11:54 AM   #2581
Tpriest7893
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335i f30 N55 ( sold)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2012 bmw 335  [0.00]
02 2002 m3 Vert  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ugh - I ended up paying already using PayPal so that I have buyer protection. But I am going to email Bootmod3 right now. Hopefully I'm not about to fall into the same mess.
Is the person selling it not giving you the license or giving you a run around?
Stock intake(had open before and was sick of noise)
BMS CP
550i 351m rims with 275/245 set up.
No tune as of yet.
Appreciate 1
aps335.50
      11-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #2582
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Edited my post above - hopefully you sent payment as service and not gift and you should be covered. There would've been an extra paypal service fee.
Appreciate 1
aps335.50
      11-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #2583
aps
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Is the person selling it not giving you the license or giving you a run around?
Quote:
Edited my post above - hopefully you sent payment as service and not gift and you should be covered. There would've been an extra paypal service fee.
I did use service/gift and was charged a fee so think I'm good there.

It's only been a couple hours since we agreed a price and I sent payment. He did respond saying he was "going to send them all the info now" and I asked him to CC me on the email, which he said he would do. I'm just getting a little paranoid because I haven't seen anything come through yet, but need to be patient I guess.

Much easier to deal with PayPal when it's a physical object.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:10 PM   #2584
mlev
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did use service/gift and was charged a fee so think I'm good there.

It's only been a couple hours since we agreed a price and I sent payment. He did respond saying he was "going to send them all the info now" and I asked him to CC me on the email, which he said he would do. I'm just getting a little paranoid because I haven't seen anything come through yet, but need to be patient I guess.

Much easier to deal with PayPal when it's a physical object.
You should be fine if you have to unfortunately go down that rabbit hole - but definitely still get confirmation from BM3 support. Hopefully the guy gave you his VIN or valid email address at least - they will need that to verify.
Unfortunately lots of dishonest people out there - and licenses can only be resold once, some folks don't realize that and others try to take advantage of it.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #2585
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Then once they confirm, purchase using Paypal "goods and services" (not "gift/friends and family") and document everything if you can't make the purchase in person.
Any references by the seller for Venmo, cash app or gift payment/money order only etc are a hard pass.

THIS ^^^^ 1000%

You should be contacting PTF support. Ask seller to provide his/her Name and VIN number, provide to PTF letting them know you're just keeping them in the loop on license purchase

Appreciate 1
aps335.50
      11-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #2586
aps
Captain
Rep

Thanks guys for the helpful info. I should have asked first, but there haven't been many licenses for sale and I jumped on it to beat others. Looks like he came through and he just sent PTF the email requesting the transfer and he copied me. Hope all is good from BM3's end. WOOO!

Edit: just got the license activation info! tuning fun begins

Last edited by aps; 11-27-2019 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
mlev370.00
      11-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #2587
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks guys for the helpful info. I should have asked first, but there haven't been many licenses for sale and I jumped on it to beat others. Looks like he came through and he just sent PTF the email requesting the transfer and he copied me. Hope all is good from BM3's end. WOOO!

Don't hope, be Proactive rather than Re-Active...reach out to PTF for further instruction/guidance

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2019, 12:33 PM   #2588
aps
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Quote:

Don't hope, be Proactive rather than Re-Active...reach out to PTF for further instruction/guidance

haha yeah I had already sent them an email, they close that support ticket when they transferred the license.

for future buyers: definitely get the sellers VIN and check with PTF first
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2019, 03:09 PM   #2589
khj24
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Hey all, I have a few logging questions/issues that I am hoping to get some help with. When you go to the dashboard to log there is supposed to be a blue button that says log all, but I am not seeing that. Has that been changed since the instructions were made?- do I only need to double tap to log everything? Also when trying to offline log, how do I go back to the sign in screen? Every time I go to the website I am already logged in.

"For logging WITHOUT internet access, you can use bootmod3 OFFLINE mode with your DEVICE as follows:

You need to log-in once to initialize vehicle data in the browser
Then go back to the sign in screen and click on "OFFLINE MODE" to go in."

Thanks a ton!!

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out. My laptop wasnt letting me scroll down to the logout tab. Fixed after restarting!

Last edited by khj24; 11-29-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 02:37 PM   #2590
DeeM55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeM55 View Post
Just switched over to the Stage 2 91 ACN91 AGG map and did a 3rd gear pull.

Few things:
-13.6 psi pre-boost throttle when target is 15psi
-Timing looks funky
-Wastegate is in the 90's

Mods: VSRF catless downpipe, CP, G-plus IC, CTS intake, NGK spark plugs.

Car was running rich on Stage 2 91 ACN91 map. I never had misfires so I'm not to sure what cause the car to run rich. I've had leaks before mainly from the CP to IC connection. My only assumption is that its leaking again. Anyone care to check out my log and give me some input?

https://datazap.me/u/dmontes86/11211...0&data=6-8
I dont see manifold boost... you really need to have that to see if you are reaching boost targets, but suffice to say you aren't because even pre throttle is below target and throttle is open 100%. The fact that you are not reaching target and WGDC creeps up to nearly 100% really suggests a leak. Are you 6MT or 8AT? if 8AT you really need to do a full 4th gear pull, not a 2-3. See if the higher load in 4th allows you to reach boost targets.

Check out the Oring thread and boost leak thread for info on finding and fixing leaks, specifically with that connection.
Well I figured out what was causing the boost leak. My hunch was right. Dropped the IC and this is what I see. No o-ring at all! The last time this was adjusted was by an indy shop. So it's hard to believe that they would completely forget to put the ring back in, but it looks like that's exactly what happened :/

Luckily I had ordered the 4mm x 59mm o-ring so it's on now. It's sitting a little loose. Don't know if that's because it's new. If i don't hit my boost target then I'm moving up to the 4.5x60mm o-ring.

To be continued...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #2591
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Well I figured out what was causing the boost leak. My hunch was right. Dropped the IC and this is what I see. No o-ring at all! The last time this was adjusted was by an indy shop. So it's hard to believe that they would completely forget to put the ring back in, but it looks like that's exactly what happened :/

Luckily I had ordered the 4mm x 59mm o-ring so it's on now. It's sitting a little loose. Don't know if that's because it's new. If i don't hit my boost target then I'm moving up to the 4.5x60mm o-ring.

To be continued...
If it is loose to where you can wiggle the CP-IC connection with the Oring and clip on, it's probably too lose. Sounds like you have already read the Oring thread, but you can read all about my boost leak issues there and how i eventually got it solved. The 4mm Oring was not enough in my case, even though it was definitely an improvment over stock. You can also check the boost leak thread if you want to make an actual pressure tester to verify no leaks rather than just relying on looking at logs after you have everything back together.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:06 PM   #2592
DeeM55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

To be continued...
If it is loose to where you can wiggle the CP-IC connection with the Oring and clip on, it's probably too lose. Sounds like you have already read the Oring thread, but you can read all about my boost leak issues there and how i eventually got it solved. The 4mm Oring was not enough in my case, even though it was definitely an improvment over stock. You can also check the boost leak thread if you want to make an actual pressure tester to verify no leaks rather than just relying on looking at logs after you have everything back together.
The o-ring was a bit loose. After the install and a test drive I noticed the car was running even worse.

So today I dropped the IC, pulled the bottom half of charge pipe off and what do I see: The o-ring had ripped when I pulled the cp onto the IC yesterday. I was under the car and must have pulled in the wrong direction which pinched and tore the o-ring. Not even sure but that's my guess.

Luckily, I had ordered two 4mm x 59mm o-rings just in case. So this time I put the IC on the floor, put the o-ring on the bottom half of the CP, lubed them both up with a bit of grease and pushed the cp onto the IC while it was still on the floor. It took a bit of strength but it sealed perfectly. No wiggle room at all. It was snug. I also shined a light through the top side (open side) of of the cp and checked to make sure that the o-ring hadn't ripped. This is how I initially saw that the previous o-ring had ripped.

I was extra careful to re-install the IC (with the bottom half of the CP on) onto the top half of the CP. Turned the car on and no more shakes or vibrations. RPM's remained steady too. Took it out for a drive, reset adaptions on bootmod3, and took a log. I hit 14.2 prethrottle boost with target being 15.

I know for a fact I put everything together just fine. I was super careful too. Not sure why I'm still not reaching target.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:49 PM   #2593
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
The o-ring was a bit loose. After the install and a test drive I noticed the car was running even worse.

So today I dropped the IC, pulled the bottom half of charge pipe off and what do I see: The o-ring had ripped when I pulled the cp onto the IC yesterday. I was under the car and must have pulled in the wrong direction which pinched and tore the o-ring. Not even sure but that's my guess.

Luckily, I had ordered two 4mm x 59mm o-rings just in case. So this time I put the IC on the floor, put the o-ring on the bottom half of the CP, lubed them both up with a bit of grease and pushed the cp onto the IC while it was still on the floor. It took a bit of strength but it sealed perfectly. No wiggle room at all. It was snug. I also shined a light through the top side (open side) of of the cp and checked to make sure that the o-ring hadn't ripped. This is how I initially saw that the previous o-ring had ripped.

I was extra careful to re-install the IC (with the bottom half of the CP on) onto the top half of the CP. Turned the car on and no more shakes or vibrations. RPM's remained steady too. Took it out for a drive, reset adaptions on bootmod3, and took a log. I hit 14.2 prethrottle boost with target being 15.

I know for a fact I put everything together just fine. I was super careful too. Not sure why I'm still not reaching target.
Yeah, you need to use grease or engine oil to get them to slide on without folding or moving; i would not put the connections together dry. I'm still surprised the round Oring moved/ripped though.

Sounds like you fixed that leak. If it took effort to slide the CP on the IC and it does not wiggle i can pretty much guarantee its sealed (at least that connection).

That within normal deviation. Usually +/- 1 psi is considered normal. Did you log 4th with 8AT or 3rd with 6mt? Try a 1-4 log, and a 4th-5th log. You should get closer to target in high gears. I deviate a little in lower gears, but my 5th gear is within about 0.3psi across the RPM range.

You can also send your log to PTF for review to confirm its considered normal.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #2594
DeeM55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, you need to use grease or engine oil to get them to slide on without folding or moving; i would not put the connections together dry. I'm still surprised the round Oring moved/ripped though.

Sounds like you fixed that leak. If it took effort to slide the CP on the IC and it does not wiggle i can pretty much guarantee its sealed (at least that connection).

That within normal deviation. Usually +/- 1 psi is considered normal. Did you log 4th with 8AT or 3rd with 6mt? Try a 1-4 log, and a 4th-5th log. You should get closer to target in high gears. I deviate a little in lower gears, but my 5th gear is within about 0.3psi across the RPM range.

You can also send your log to PTF for review to confirm its considered normal.
4th gear pull with 8AT. Funny thing is I checked for codes and got a mixture too rich code. I've read that burble settings affect this. I have burbles set pretty high.

The good thing is no more lean or air mass too high codes.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #2595
torkles
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i MSport 6mt

i see the first time flashing on bm3 is ~3 minutes now for the dme unlock. is it still recommended to have the vehicle hooked up to a charger or is the flash time so short now that it's not really a problem anymore?
      12-02-2019, 02:32 PM   #2596
e38740imd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by torkles View Post
i see the first time flashing on bm3 is ~3 minutes now for the dme unlock. is it still recommended to have the vehicle hooked up to a charger or is the flash time so short now that it's not really a problem anymore?

if it really is 3 minutes then i dont think you need it unless you have a week battery
Appreciate 0