F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Chances of Brexit being overturned
ARMA SPEED

08-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #375
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketretro View Post
And really that sums up for your response to anyone you disagree with.
No. I've disagreed with lots of people, and if they put their argument across in a coherent and well-constructed manner, I will give them the respect they deserve. If they post a stream of misspelled nonsense about "freedom" and winning wars hundreds of years ago, then I will give it short shrift.

It wasn't even an argument. It was rhetoric and jingoism on an industrial scale.

Why don't YOU explain to me what was so compelling about Carjack's argument? I'm all ears.

What's funny is that I'm still not entirely convinced it wasn't a wind-up, and yet you're here defending it to the hilt!

Quote:
As for your ill judged boast of driving around in an R8. We are BMW enthusiasts here, who also enjoy other makes, whether you have one now or not it doesn't matter to me. there is always a demand for images of interesting vehicles and not some bloke dangling his rod in the sea, I for one won't be taking your bait.
Ah, so you're suggesting I don't own an R8?

I'm not really interested in "proving" myself to others because quite frankly I couldn't care less. The last time I did that was a few weeks ago when Brigand assumed I was lying about being a pilot in the RAF, and I proved him wrong that time. Do you want to try your luck this time?

As it happens I posted two videos of me driving said R8 in this very forum a few hours ago...

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1290221
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #376
StraightSix-d
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d Luxury (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carjack View Post
....I know it isn't because my Wife is an ex Headteacher but still in the profession....
A brilliantly mental troll post
Review
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 03:51 PM   #377
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix-d View Post
A brilliantly mental troll post
I'm not sure what's funnier. Carjack 's original post, or the fact that Rocketretro was trying to defend it without the slightest thought that it might be a joke.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 06:14 PM   #378
rocketretro
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M235i Coupe

Garage List
Yes, we all had a laugh at Swanwick this afternoon about these posts! no hard feelings.

Last edited by rocketretro; 08-07-2016 at 03:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #379
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we all had a laugh at Swanwick this afternoon about these posts! no hard feelings.
You really are sensitive. You were defending a joke post from Carjack, without the slightest hint of irony, and you don't see the funny side?

One thing I've noticed in this area of the forum, is that there are a few people who are happy to give other people a bit of a "robust" dig in the ribs in the name of a joke, or "banter" (God, I hate that term), but they don't like it when it's done back at them.

Last edited by mofomat; 08-05-2016 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0