F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Misled over Brexit?
proTUNING Freaks

12-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #353
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
Because it is totally unnecessary and was a campaign led by lunatics. Why are we bowing down to them?

I couldn't give a shit what colour it is, and neither will any other sane person. My point is, it does to some people, who are clearly mad and falsely claiming the E.U. make us have them burgundy. Why are we taking them seriously?
But at the end of the day it's just the colour of the passport which, as you rightly say, matters not one jot to the vast majority of people. I'd agree those anxious to move away from burgundy ought probably to find something better to do with their time but getting steamed-up over it seems pretty pointless IMO.

Far better to save your energy for when they propose something stupid which actually does matter - if and when that happens you may be pleasantly surprised at the support you get from a number of people who voted Leave!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #354
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
They'll be bringing back pounds, shillings and pence next.
We don't use shillings but up here in Yorkshire we still use pounds and pence; have you gravitated to something else in London and Cornwall?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TodmordenLad View Post
What makes me laugh is the way in which the right wing tabloids in this country have always resisted the metric system, and will doubtless start using the BIS again themselves as some absurd manifestation of re-found independence as we approach Brexit. Pathetic really.
I certainly wouldn't support any reversal of metrification and to the best of my knowledge no such proposal has been made. However, I can't recall many on this forum quoting things like kmh instead of mph or litres/100km rather than mpg - the reality is we've probably never been as European in our approach to these things as some would like to make out....
Appreciate 0