F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Trump, how?
GetBMWParts

02-17-2017, 11:32 PM   #23
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghave View Post
As the american here, I think he the best president we have had in awhile Trump > both Bush > Obama> Clinton
As another American here, how can you discern that from less than a month in office? Everybody is saying how bad or good he is but we have yet to tell what he has really done. At this junction it has been a mess. Saying he is the best is like a poll of ten people in a country of a million...long ways to go to for any kind of valid opinion.
      02-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #24
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
As another American here, how can you discern that from less than a month in office? Everybody is saying how bad or good he is but we have yet to tell what he has really done. At this junction it has been a mess. Saying he is the best is like a poll of ten people in a country of a million...long ways to go to for any kind of valid opinion.
In obama first 30 days he only pass schip which was a terrible policy making smokers pay for people children and sign closing gitmo which oddly never closed.

Trump meanwhile effictively killed obama care by abolishing the manadate
Took actions to reestablish the boarder

He did several other executive orders which resulted in the media complaining about him doing what he campaign on... Go figure.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 02:16 AM   #25
rosstin
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i saloon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
In obama first 30 days he only pass schip which was a terrible policy making smokers pay for people children and sign closing gitmo which oddly never closed.

Trump meanwhile effictively killed obama care by abolishing the manadate
Took actions to reestablish the boarder

He did several other executive orders which resulted in the media complaining about him doing what he campaign on... Go figure.
Where can I get an American > English translation?
Appreciate 7
allachie91334.00
Ice Man324.50
Skello45.50
      02-18-2017, 02:59 AM   #26
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Give him his first one hunderd days then see if he still thinks he's the King of America.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 03:08 AM   #27
rosstin
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post

I think this has what caught people out. A president that's actually implementing what he campaigned on. How strange........
Very tough to take him seriously when he has the vocabulary and mentality of a child.

"..You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons... And other things... Like lots of things are done with uranium... Including some bad things.."

"..So I'm looking at two-state and one-state, and I like the one that both parties like... I'm very happy with the one that both parties like... I can live with either one.."

There is a lot more to being leader of the free world, than jobs and immigrants. It can only last so long.
Appreciate 2
Skello45.50
Dyl432.50
      02-18-2017, 03:44 AM   #28
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline5 View Post
Give the guy at least a year before you start judging him. I am not a fan but it appears to me that it has turned into a bit of a witch hunt in the media and that leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
How much of it is down to his failure to engage with others as president rather than an underdog candidate?

Even today he will be at an election rally... he won why the need to generate support.

He is an attention seeking whore.

His use of twitter, very visible and vocal attacks against the intelligence agencies and the press have been poorly handled.

His executive orders have been designed more as highlighting than putting things in place.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ecutive-orders

Some also go against various memorandums, in that they require support of countries he is alienating or active support of intelligence agencies.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...tial-memoranda

Ignoring a totally ineptly and pathetically structured travel ban, yes he needs time to show results.

Yes bringing in taxes on companies that manufacturer products outside the Uas for sale in the US, great idea and car companies are a visible target.

However, what about Apple ? Will the same rule apply to them as BMW?

I can see a few lawyers looking at the structure of any law coming in to place on import tariffs.

So far as an outsider looking in, he comes over both visibly and vocally as the not just the worst president but also the worst representation of a great country.
Appreciate 5
teaston10994.50
allachie91334.00
Skello45.50
      02-18-2017, 03:50 AM   #29
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
How much of it is down to his failure to engage with others as president rather than an underdog candidate?

Even today he will be at an election rally... he won why the need to generate support.

He is an attention seeking whore.

His use of twitter, very visible and vocal attacks against the intelligence agencies and the press have been poorly handled.

His executive orders have been designed more as highlighting than putting things in place.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ecutive-orders

Some also go against various memorandums, in that they require support of countries he is alienating or active support of intelligence agencies.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...tial-memoranda

Ignoring a totally ineptly and pathetically structured travel ban, yes he needs time to show results.

Yes bringing in taxes on companies that manufacturer products outside the Uas for sale in the US, great idea and car companies are a visible target.

However, what about Apple ? Will the same rule apply to them as BMW?

I can see a few lawyers looking at the structure of any law coming in to place on import tariffs.

So far as an outsider looking in, he comes over both visibly and vocally as the not just the worst president but also the worst representation of a great country.
Plus:

Inappropriate use of presidential office to influence the business dealings of his family.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 2
Skello45.50
Dyl432.50
      02-18-2017, 04:04 AM   #30
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Plus:

Inappropriate use of presidential office to influence the business dealings of his family.
Also inappropriate Father / Daughter ....

He is likely going to be the first president caught nailing his daughter.
Appreciate 3
      02-18-2017, 04:27 AM   #31
SportySpice
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Another Yank here. I think Trump has been horrid. He's insulted our allies, reduced our moral authority with his immigration ban on Muslims, taken zero responsibility for the poor implementation of his "orders," and has not disentangled himself from his business. He has insulted our courts, personally attacked judges, lies about our voting process almost daily, and shows zero concern for Russian interference in the election. His family is running up unprecedented security costs while globe trotting for their business affairs. He's rolled back investor protections and unleashed the same Wall Street sharks he accused Clinton of being in bed with. His attorney general is a disgrace and his Education secretary is an unqualified joke. His Secretary of State has zero diplomatic experience, as does his son-in-law who he's put in charge of negotiating terms of peace between Israelis and Palestinians. He tweets statements directly conflicting with decades of US foreign policy that his team to walk back. He embarrassed himself with China. He has Sean Spicer as a press secretary. He's shown more interest in the ratings of The Apprentice than on the N. Korean missile test. He's used the office to insult a major retailer's business decision to stop carrying his daughter's line. He's enriching himself through his office by conducting govt business in his hotels. I won't even touch the love affair with Putin.

The revelations that his team was having discussions with Russians before the election and the inauguration is a huge scandal and disgrace. The media is NOT the enemy and I for one hope they don't rest until they blow this thing wide open. IMO, he has diminished the office and our standing in the world - in the span of a month.
Appreciate 13
Tengocity8567.00
rosstin326.50
teaston10994.50
allachie91334.00
Skello45.50
Dyl432.50
mbanks211267.50
my428i12.50
dizzy619446.50
      02-18-2017, 05:07 AM   #32
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportySpice View Post
Another Yank here. I think Trump has been horrid. He's insulted our allies, reduced our moral authority with his immigration ban on Muslims, taken zero responsibility for the poor implementation of his "orders," and has not disentangled himself from his business. He has insulted our courts, personally attacked judges, lies about our voting process almost daily, and shows zero concern for Russian interference in the election. His family is running up unprecedented security costs while globe trotting for their business affairs. He's rolled back investor protections and unleashed the same Wall Street sharks he accused Clinton of being in bed with. His attorney general is a disgrace and his Education secretary is an unqualified joke. His Secretary of State has zero diplomatic experience, as does his son-in-law who he's put in charge of negotiating terms of peace between Israelis and Palestinians. He tweets statements directly conflicting with decades of US foreign policy that his team to walk back. He embarrassed himself with China. He has Sean Spicer as a press secretary. He's shown more interest in the ratings of The Apprentice than on the N. Korean missile test. He's used the office to insult a major retailer's business decision to stop carrying his daughter's line. He's enriching himself through his office by conducting govt business in his hotels. I won't even touch the love affair with Putin.

The revelations that his team was having discussions with Russians before the election and the inauguration is a huge scandal and disgrace. The media is NOT the enemy and I for one hope they don't rest until they blow this thing wide open. IMO, he has diminished the office and our standing in the world - in the span of a month.
Exactly.

Hence my original question, why was he ever allowed to get in the position to run for president?

This is surely the fault of the American legal/government systems not having measures in place to prevent such an absurdly unqualified person being allowed to run for president!?
Appreciate 1
Skello45.50
      02-18-2017, 05:12 AM   #33
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

I've liked ever since he was in home alone 2.
Appreciate 1
M40CCA1437.00
      02-18-2017, 05:32 AM   #34
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

I think this one was a nicely balanced piece:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/piss-eyed-tango-monster-demands-everyone-say-nice-things-about-it-20170217122330
Appreciate 1
Skello45.50
      02-18-2017, 07:00 AM   #35
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoops View Post
I think this one was a nicely balanced piece:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/i...20170217122330
"contemptible sack of orange shit.”
Appreciate 1
Skello45.50
      02-18-2017, 07:03 AM   #36
bodtwo
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Wanker.
      02-18-2017, 07:38 AM   #37
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Says it all really. ....
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      02-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #38
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
As the american here, I think he the best president we have had in awhile Trump > both Bush > Obama> Clinton
Run away! Jaghave's here. All the IQ's have been sucked out of the thread
Appreciate 2
Skello45.50
      02-18-2017, 07:55 AM   #39
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I think this has what caught people out. A president that's actually implementing what he campaigned on. How strange........
Even if what he campaigned on was a Walter Mitty-esque distorted clusterfuck of right wing soundbites, filled with xenophobic vitriol and little substance?

The man's lying, hypocritical nepotism is breathtaking.

Of course it might be the case that all this reality show nonsense is just a smokescreen for all the good works the Trump administration is doing behind the scenes
Appreciate 3
Skello45.50
teaston10994.50
      02-18-2017, 07:59 AM   #40
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narc...ality_disorder

"Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a long-term pattern of abnormal behavior characterized by exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive need for admiration, and a lack of understanding of others' feelings. People affected by it often spend a lot of time thinking about achieving power or success, or about their appearance. They often take advantage of the people around them. The behavior typically begins by early adulthood, and occurs across a variety of situations.

People with narcissistic personality disorder are characterized by their persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a disdain and lack of empathy for others. These individuals often display arrogance, a sense of superiority, and power-seeking behaviors. Narcissistic personality disorder is different from having a strong sense of self-confidence; people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they disregard the feelings and wishes of others and expect to be treated as superior regardless of their actual status or achievements. In addition, people with NPD may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority."
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2017, 08:01 AM   #41
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Only the once?

I have 33 different "memberships" of the Labour party.....
Somewhat like your approach to this forum

Anyway on Trump, it's very early to say IMO. I detested his predecessor, and would not have wanted Hilary to win. I like his approach to Israel and the UK, he's totally right shaking NATO up a bit on spending, and surely there is nothing wrong with America first? I just can't stand the badly managed communications, the bluster, the spin, the tweeting, the whole 'alternative facts' nonesence etc.

I like the way he's one of the few world leaders who actually acknowledges openly the threat that is radical Islam.

My main concern with him is the links with Russia - is he compromised etc? He's apparently doing nothing about a US destroyer being 'buzzed' and has (again apparently) ignored the Russians breaking a gta missile treaty. What's going on there I wonder.
Appreciate 2
LobB5109.00
      02-18-2017, 08:06 AM   #42
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewthefirst View Post
Somewhat like your approach to this forum

Anyway on Trump, it's very early to say IMO. I detested his predecessor, and would not have wanted Hilary to win. I like his approach to Israel and the UK, he's totally right shaking NATO up a bit on spending, and surely there is nothing wrong with America first? I just can't stand the badly managed communications, the bluster, the spin, the tweeting, the whole 'alternative facts' nonesence etc.

I like the way he's one of the few world leaders who actually acknowledges openly the threat that is radical Islam.

My main concern with him is the links with Russia - is he compromised etc? He's apparently doing nothing about a US destroyer being 'buzzed' and has (again apparently) ignored the Russians breaking a gta missile treaty. What's going on there I wonder.
Just as well Trump wasn't Captain of the USS Porter then, or there'd be a shooting war already. ....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #43
Jaghave
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i (Auto) RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
Run away! Jaghave's here. All the IQ's have been sucked out of the thread
So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey ****** balls.

Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey ****** balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "feeling" written down the side of your arguement...

And the fact that I've got facts

On mine side...

Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #44
Andrewthefirst
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
So, you are obviously the big dick. The men on the side of ya are your balls. Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey ****** balls.

Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey ****** balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "feeling" written down the side of your arguement...

And the fact that I've got facts

On mine side...

Should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... Fuck off!
Wanker
Appreciate 5
teaston10994.50
Skello45.50