F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Netflix what are you watching?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-28-2022, 05:49 PM   #947
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddamoo View Post
Ozark is back!!
Isn't it just! Only have one episode of part one of this final series left to go and it's as good as ever!

The Power of the Dog on Netflix is worth a watch too.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 08:59 AM   #948
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Just finished 'Reacher' on Prime, and I'm honestly not sure what to think of it. It was like an 80's lightweight cop drama like Magnum PI that's been somehow mashed up with Arnie's 'Commando' and produced by Seth Rogen and Quentin Tarantino.

The lead guy who plays the eponymous hero is like a cardboard cutout that knows he's playing a cardboard cutout and at times looks like he's about to p1ss himself at the joke. But in an Arnie-menacing sort of way.

Seems to have gone down well with the critics, and I can't say I didn't enjoy it at times.

Very odd....
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 09:27 AM   #949
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
Just finished 'Reacher' on Prime, and I'm honestly not sure what to think of it. It was like an 80's lightweight cop drama like Magnum PI that's been somehow mashed up with Arnie's 'Commando' and produced by Seth Rogen and Quentin Tarantino.

The lead guy who plays the eponymous hero is like a cardboard cutout that knows he's playing a cardboard cutout and at times looks like he's about to p1ss himself at the joke. But in an Arnie-menacing sort of way.

Seems to have gone down well with the critics, and I can't say I didn't enjoy it at times.

Very odd....
Have you read the books? They are pretty unbelievable escapism, but I enjoy them so the series is on my list of things to watch when I get chance. I've even watched both feature films, with Tom Cruise. The obvious man to cast to play a 250lbs, built like a brick outhouse man mountain..... The storyline behind the first one is somewhere between very clever and totally ridiculous!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 09:32 AM   #950
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Have you read the books? They are pretty unbelievable escapism, but I enjoy them so the series is on my list of things to watch when I get chance. I've even watched both feature films, with Tom Cruise. The obvious man to cast to play a 250lbs, built like a brick outhouse man mountain..... The storyline behind the first one is somewhere between very clever and totally ridiculous!
No, haven't read the books - not my cuppa really.

I think a lot of fans of the books were pretty dismayed when the pint-sized Mr Cruise was cast as a man a foot taller.....
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 10:07 AM   #951
Steve_M_Sport
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: U06 230e Active Tourer

Counterpart on Virgin Ultra HD is worth watching - just about to start Season 2

Previous : 2019 F31 340i : 2017 F31 335D M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 10:21 AM   #952
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:

Very odd....
Speaking of Seth was surprised to see him in Pam and Tommy and had to double take it was him, only sure when he spoke - he's lost a chunk of weight!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 10:44 AM   #953
BBri89
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320d xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Quote:

Very odd....
We watched that, it was an enjoyable easy to watch series (for me at least… the wife had to cover her eyes at some of the fight scenes).
But it's very much a caricature, not in too much of an overdone way though. Far more convincing Jack Reacher than Tom Cruise ever could be though.

I'm looking forward to the second series.

We've just started watching "This Is Going To Hurt" on BBC as well, love the book, laugh out loud at times. The tv series maybe won't be as funny to us as it might for people who haven't read the book, as we're not hearing the jokes for the first time. Still enjoyed episode 1 though, Ben Whishaw plays him quite well.

My progress thread
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 10:55 AM   #954
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_M_Sport View Post
Counterpart on Virgin Ultra HD is worth watching - just about to start Season 2
I hadn't clocked that one, will give it a whirl - I think JK Simmonds is a brilliant actor. Shades of 'The Man in the High Castle'?

I see 'Raised by Wolves' Season 2 starts soon. Really enjoyed the first season, interesting concepts even if it was a bit like a bad LSD trip at times. Disappointed that Sky & Virgin still can't agree to air Atlantic as part of the Virgin Media package. You can't even load the NOW TV app to the Virgin platform if you don't have a smart TV.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2022, 11:30 AM   #955
gr4z
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
I've read some of the books (mainly on a beach on holiday!), I really enjoyed Reacher. The guy playing him is a little wooden, but the books are like that. Yeah some of the stuff is totally unbelievable but once again the books are pure escapism as is the TV show.
isleaiw18772.50
      02-10-2022, 05:03 PM   #956
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

New series of Snowpiercer is out, really good so far.