F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F80 Cluster installed in my F30
proTUNING Freaks

01-26-2024, 06:52 AM   #67
Revoltos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

1, You will only get static rev limit lights on a non M car.
2, MoeTE87 has screen shotted the coding for the HUD side of things earlier in this post.
3, M cars don't have front fogs so there is no option to indicate your front fogs are on in the cluster.
4, You need to make sure that the M-sport chassis options are not switched on in your I-drive as it will display that instead of drive mode (efficiency drive graphic) in the cluster.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 03:43 PM   #68
SuspecTARX
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltos View Post
What does that coding enable moeTE87?

SuspecTARX, what car did you install the F80 cluster in mate? Your rev counter rev limit lights are showing way more segments than does.
Hey, sorry haven't visited the forums in a while
My f8x cluser is installed in my 330d.

The rpm leds on mine are just coded like that, they don't move or anything, had them coded differently (think it was 1 yellow and 2 red) at one point as well, changed it while trying different coding options, stopped playingaround with it and just stayed like that
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 04:03 PM   #69
SuspecTARX
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearlyB58 View Post
@MoeTE87

Do you know if it’s possible to —

A. Move the shift light indicator in the tac and HUD to have orange start at 5.5k and the two reds at 6&6.5k

B. An easier way to access the M HUD display. Currently I have to manually go into display settings to select the option.
I have an answer for the question about moving the shift lights, unfortunately at this point it doesn't seem possible, me together with BimmerRetroLA have tried changing a lot of different coding options on my f8x cluster.

We wanted to change the scale of the RPM gauge it self, how many of the shift lights are lit up and the scale of the temp gauge, sadly no luck The reason why we wanted to make these changes was because my diesel has a max of 6k RPMs on my old cluster and the redline starts at 5k RPM, as well as the temp gauge is 100 C in the middle for my old cluster and this one is about 120 C.

The idea was to change the scale that the RPM is displayed in, so that where the f8x cluster has 8,5k RPM it would be 6k RPM instead and so on, if this would have been successfully done I would then order custom gauge faces for the RPM gauge and the temp gauge so that it shows correctly again. At the moment all is displayed correctly, it's just that everything after 5,4k on the gauge is useless for the diesel engine XD

Hopefully can make it work how I want sometime in the future with some sort of adapter or something

Only scale that we could change with coding was the gas tank size to a diesel one so that the fuel gauge shows correctly, sucks that they don't have the options as easily available for the other gauges as well
Appreciate 0