F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > The BMW Mini Part Store (key fob)
ARMA SPEED

09-27-2023, 08:07 PM   #1
Dagstar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport

The BMW Mini Part Store (key fob)

Short story: paid $300 for a new fob (and $50 for new key) from The BMW Mini Part Store, arrived in 5 days, by far the cheapest price I found.

Months ago I accidentally put my key fob in the washing machine. It still worked but comfort access was gone and I had to hold the fob up to the steering column every time to start the car and use the key to manually lock/unlock. Dried it, replaced battery, relearn wouldn't hold, cleaned components, yadda yadda yadda bottom line I needed a new one. I couldn't stomach the price and since the car still worked I'd rather put the money towards other things needing attention. A few weeks ago I came across an old thread where someone mentioned The BMW Mini Part Store having great prices on keys, and they sure did. I paid less than half what some local dealerships wanted and about $150 less than the cheapest. I also opted for a new cut key (an additional $50) just incase I ever lost this one. All in all it was about $365 shipped and arrived in 5 days. They required my driver's license and registration to purchase. I did the relearn once I got it. It's a 10 minute job if you're unlucky like me (dealer charges an hour labor for this), and now have a fully functioning key fob.
Appreciate 0