F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > F30 xDrive 19/9.5 square?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-26-2021, 04:24 PM   #1
Mantup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

F30 xDrive 19/9.5 square?

I suppose it's too late since I've already bought the wheels and tires.

19" Style 740 Wheels - Square Set Of Four
19x9.5 ET37 5x120 72.6CB. Black/Machine Face

And have these tires otw.

255/35R-19 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 XL

I've not been able to get a straight answer anywhere else for the last couple weeks. I'm thinking that I'll prob have some poke in the front, I wasn't anticipating getting some wheels and tires to be such a PITA lol. I get different answers, maybe you guys can help.

I'm assuming I'll be in for some more work after these arrive to make it look decent? What am I looking at.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2021, 05:52 PM   #2
readyplayerone
Rep
Drives: E90

have a look here https://www.bmwstylerims.com/bmw-whe.../#BMW-Series-3 but as far as i can tell the width of your wheel is 1.5 inch bigger than what would fit on the front and even the back would poke out a bit. For the F30 the 19 inch wheels should be 8 inch width on the front and 8.5 on the back. Maybe you could send back the wheels and ask them to swap them?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #3
parch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 340i xdrive alpine

I have the same tire and wheel width setup (different brand tires though) so I'm not sure if it varies LCI or not but I have an LCI 16 f30 and I definitely have some poke on the front. You also should probably run a set of 3mm spacers up front, I did not and when I took my wheels off after a bit to do a different mod I noticed the pain on my strut had been slightly rubbed at and the rubber on the wheel had a slight rub on it around the entire tire. Now this rubbing on the tire was incredibly minor and it's possibly you'd be fine to just let it run minorly but I was worried about it eventually being a problem so figured I'd at least give you the info and you can see what you think is best Next time I get tires I'll be going 245 or 235 up front most likely to fix that and not need spacers. Hope this all helps!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #4
Mantup
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by parch8 View Post
I have the same tire and wheel width setup (different brand tires though) so I'm not sure if it varies LCI or not but I have an LCI 16 f30 and I definitely have some poke on the front. You also should probably run a set of 3mm spacers up front, I did not and when I took my wheels off after a bit to do a different mod I noticed the pain on my strut had been slightly rubbed at and the rubber on the wheel had a slight rub on it around the entire tire. Now this rubbing on the tire was incredibly minor and it's possibly you'd be fine to just let it run minorly but I was worried about it eventually being a problem so figured I'd at least give you the info and you can see what you think is best Next time I get tires I'll be going 245 or 235 up front most likely to fix that and not need spacers. Hope this all helps!
It does help! Thanks for the reassurance lol. I was worried I had dropped all this $ for nothing.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 03:12 PM   #5
parch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 340i xdrive alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantup View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by parch8 View Post
It does help! Thanks for the reassurance lol. I was worried I had dropped all this $ for nothing.
I was in the same boat dude, I got mine off someone with tires already on and mounted them they did stick out a bit but tbh I'm not lowering it anymore so it didn't bug me then I saw the rubbing and apex recommended a 3 mm space to be safe which is what I'm doing now and I have no issues with clearance at all ! It was the first wheels I really bought for the car so I wasn't sure what I was doing and it's a lot to learn at first
Appreciate 0