F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding a 6WA panel on F31 (2017)
Extreme Powerhouse

06-16-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
JayZee72
Rep
Drives: F31 03/2017 320D

Coding a 6WA panel on F31 (2017)

I've successfully retrofitted a 'new' 6WA panel to my 320d SE (Auto) using E-Sys (3.28) and all is well with the exception of 2 minor issues.

Firstly, I don't appear to have an icon for the heated steering wheel light up at all (this was present on the original analogue clocks), but perhaps I am thinking that this is not even available on the 6WA? Not overly bothered as I have this knack of knowing when the heat is on, but if there is one I'd like to enable it for completeness if nothing else.

Secondly, I do not have a gear indicator display (i.e. P, N, D). At first I thought it was due to the 3003 SPA_IST_GANG_ENABLE being set to 'aktiv', so I set this to 'nicht activ' based on another thread on here I saw for KOMBI 2999 SPA_IST_GANG_ENABLE but this has made no difference at all.

So, has anybody out there retrofitted the 6WA on a F30/31 auto and succeeded in enabling this gear position indicator?

Any and all advice gratefully received
Appreciate 0