F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Android Assistant ID5/6
proTUNING Freaks

04-30-2021, 04:28 PM   #1
Juice247
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW 440xi Gran Coupe

Android Assistant ID5/6

On my previous car w/NBT Evo ID4 w/o Nav, I could push the voice command button (on the steering wheel) and get directions and responses directly from my Android phone. On my new car, with ID5 w/Nav, when I push the voice command button, it invokes BMW voice assistant which is pretty worthless. Is there a way to disable the BMW voice assistant, and have it just work as a mic for my phone??

I used to be able to ask it anything and get a response. I could also use the voice button to call up music and directions. Since there's no Android Auto integration, I'd rather just use my phone to access everything I need.
      04-30-2021, 04:36 PM   #2
W2S
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D A M Sport

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1816079
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 12:15 PM   #3
Juice247
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW 440xi Gran Coupe

Thanks for the link! I was looking for another reason to subscribe to connected services.. This makes it an easy decision
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #4
W2S
Private
Rep
Drives: 335D A M Sport

If you have remote services or connectdrive account already you just need to

download the MY BMW or ConnectedDrive app setup unless u already have one of them

Download the nightly build in the link above
Setup

in the car make sure apps is tick in Idrive and your already to go

Works with Tidal Amazon Music Spotify and YouTube coverart works so does search browse and playlist

Google assistance, Amazon Alexa, Cortana depending on what u want to use should work on steering wheel control not check yet
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 10:07 AM   #5
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice247 View Post
On my previous car w/NBT Evo ID4 w/o Nav, I could push the voice command button (on the steering wheel) and get directions and responses directly from my Android phone. On my new car, with ID5 w/Nav, when I push the voice command button, it invokes BMW voice assistant which is pretty worthless. Is there a way to disable the BMW voice assistant, and have it just work as a mic for my phone??

I used to be able to ask it anything and get a response. I could also use the voice button to call up music and directions. Since there's no Android Auto integration, I'd rather just use my phone to access everything I need.
If yours is like mine, a quick press gets the BMW assistant, a long press punches through to your phone. If you use Samsung, you do need to change your default voice thingy from Bixby to Google Assistant.
Appreciate 0