F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > DNA Motoring Headlight Upgrade
ARMA SPEED

09-21-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
305f30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F30 328i Modern Line

DNA Motoring Headlight Upgrade

Hey guys hopefully this post can be of use to someone who's thinking of upgrading their factory halogens to LED aftermarket headlights. My car came with the ugly halogen headlights from the factory, it's the only thing about the car I've ever truly disliked. I spent about a year scouring forums and reading about the different options available. I decided to pull the trigger on the DNA Motoring aftermarket headlight. I found it as an open box item for basically 50% off. Upon arrival the lights were in perfect condition, Im pretty sure they'd never been installed before. My mechanic did the install for me, I must say that the fitment was nowhere near as good as factory fitment. The fitment I'd give a 7.5 out 10, nothing extremely noticeable to the average passer by, but I notice it. The headlights overall improved the looks of my car tenfold, looks like a proper BMW now. However, I am having condensation issues with the driver headlight. The same day I got them installed I drove through a heavy rain and the result was severe condensation. After lifting the hood and looking closely at the headlights, I can see that the seal from the factory is very poor. I'm gonna get some sealant and plumbers putty & cover those seals, hopefully that'll resolve that. If it weren't for the condensation issue these headlights would've been a homerun.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2021, 06:23 AM   #2
ThatLennyBoi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30

Got the same, condensation is less than yours but i don't like them. You lose features and many error codes appear, my headlights no longer can be adjusted by the button inside and the led rings never come on when unlocking the car like my OEMS did. They're good for looks but thats it and gonna return them as soon as i find real OEM headlights.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 09:06 AM   #3
lqchko
Registered
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F31 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305f30 View Post
Hey guys hopefully this post can be of use to someone who's thinking of upgrading their factory halogens to LED aftermarket headlights. My car came with the ugly halogen headlights from the factory, it's the only thing about the car I've ever truly disliked. I spent about a year scouring forums and reading about the different options available. I decided to pull the trigger on the DNA Motoring aftermarket headlight. I found it as an open box item for basically 50% off. Upon arrival the lights were in perfect condition, Im pretty sure they'd never been installed before. My mechanic did the install for me, I must say that the fitment was nowhere near as good as factory fitment. The fitment I'd give a 7.5 out 10, nothing extremely noticeable to the average passer by, but I notice it. The headlights overall improved the looks of my car tenfold, looks like a proper BMW now. However, I am having condensation issues with the driver headlight. The same day I got them installed I drove through a heavy rain and the result was severe condensation. After lifting the hood and looking closely at the headlights, I can see that the seal from the factory is very poor. I'm gonna get some sealant and plumbers putty & cover those seals, hopefully that'll resolve that. If it weren't for the condensation issue these headlights would've been a homerun.
Looks good!