F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Activating an FA Infinite Loop
proTUNING Freaks

07-10-2021, 08:45 PM   #1
nruka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330xi GT

Activating an FA Infinite Loop

I've been trying to code my 2018 F34 and have had no issues connecting to it or reading the FA or SVT, but when I go to activate the FA to code changes it doesn't seem to be working. When I click activate, the progress bar comes up and just keeps looping through. I've tried many times now letting the longest run for about a half hour. Between attempts I've tried both Esys 3.28.1 and 3.30.0 running through Launcher Pro 2.8.2. Reinstalling, restarting my computer, and letting the car sit for a couple of hours then returning hasn't helped. I'll likely restart my computer yet again and give it another go in the morning after everything's sat for a while, but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #2
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nruka View Post
I've been trying to code my 2018 F34 and have had no issues connecting to it or reading the FA or SVT, but when I go to activate the FA to code changes it doesn't seem to be working. When I click activate, the progress bar comes up and just keeps looping through. I've tried many times now letting the longest run for about a half hour. Between attempts I've tried both Esys 3.28.1 and 3.30.0 running through Launcher Pro 2.8.2. Reinstalling, restarting my computer, and letting the car sit for a couple of hours then returning hasn't helped. I'll likely restart my computer yet again and give it another go in the morning after everything's sat for a while, but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears. Thanks
This is exactly what I experienced. This sounds dumb, but run the esys launcher pro as admin.
Interior: Bavsound stage 1 and subs - custom trunk sub by Mike1327
Appreciate 1
nruka0.00
      07-11-2021, 09:20 AM   #3
nruka
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330xi GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschmacher View Post
This is exactly what I experienced. This sounds dumb, but run the esys launcher pro as admin.
That did the trick! Thanks and yeah it does seem dumb, I can't believe I didn't think to try it.
Appreciate 0