F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Emissions test with Tune
GetBMWParts

04-19-2021, 02:30 PM   #23
FloorThe4
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive m-sport

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to get through my inspection/emissions test with my XDI HPFP in BM3. This isn't a question about emissions like everyone else asks since I have a Fabspeed Cat however I can't get my head around if the car will pass running the bm3 tune (the cel override will not be checked in bm3 due to me having the cat). If i remove the tune it seems the xdi pump will not run and requires that check box for xdi.

Just trying to avoid having to remove the TMAP sensor and XDI pump just to go to inspections. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 02:37 PM   #24
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorThe4 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way for me to get through my inspection/emissions test with my XDI HPFP in BM3. This isn't a question about emissions like everyone else asks since I have a Fabspeed Cat however I can't get my head around if the car will pass running the bm3 tune (the cel override will not be checked in bm3 due to me having the cat). If i remove the tune it seems the xdi pump will not run and requires that check box for xdi.

Just trying to avoid having to remove the TMAP sensor and XDI pump just to go to inspections. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I responded to your post in the BM3 thread... AFAIK PA does not check the DME software, just the emission monitors (and probably visual), but you should confirm with your state website and/or someone who has done the test there. If PA does not check for tunes, then you can go in tuned so long as your emission monitors are ready, which means you can leave the XDI installed. If PA does check for tunes and you must be on OEM software, then you are likely going to have to reinstall stock HPFP if the XDI will not run without the tune option selected. Probably confirm that with XDI.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 02:48 PM   #25
FloorThe4
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i xdrive m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
I responded to your post in the BM3 thread... AFAIK PA does not check the DME software, just the emission monitors (and probably visual), but you should confirm with your state website and/or someone who has done the test there. If PA does not check for tunes, then you can go in tuned so long as your emission monitors are ready, which means you can leave the XDI installed. If PA does check for tunes and you must be on OEM software, then you are likely going to have to reinstall stock HPFP if the XDI will not run without the tune option selected. Probably confirm that with XDI.
Just saw that. Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I will have to dig deeper.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 11:00 PM   #26
m3kgt
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3kgt View Post
I live in Cali, and just passed my smog last December. Car is a 2013 pwg 335I with Bootmod3 stage 1 and stock exhaust. Flashed it back to stock map and it passed no problems. Just be sure to drive it ~75 miles, so that the emissions are logged in the ecu.
I Am due in June for my first test, here in CA. Swapped my stock DP in and put MHD on stock settings. Did you have a Catless on before and assuming you did how long to achieve readiness? And, did you do a drive cycle procedure--I have seen some of these that get everything ready fast. I Would like to get my test done this week and put my pipe back on.

I had to drive around 75 miles after flashing it back to stock map (no relocking DME) for the ECU to be ready for testing. It was stock downpipe. I waited until after I pass the 1st smog check before installing the catted downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 01:01 PM   #27
Pure435i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i M-Sport

Felt like i eed to post this, as i was dealing with this as of recent.

Yesterday someone i know....... passed Orange County/CA smog

435i (IC, Pipes, Pure stage 2)
Stock downpipe
Stock intake
MHD stage 1 tune (3.5 bar MAP sensor checked, Stock downpipe checked in MHD)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 01:33 PM   #28
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure435i View Post
Felt like i eed to post this, as i was dealing with this as of recent.

Yesterday someone i know....... passed Orange County/CA smog

435i (IC, Pipes, Pure stage 2)
Stock downpipe
Stock intake
MHD stage 1 tune (3.5 bar MAP sensor checked, Stock downpipe checked in MHD)
You sure they still had stage 1 installed and not stock? It's possible they went to a facility that isn't yet capable of doing CVN checks, but other users here have failed due to tune even while on stock DP with emission monitors ready.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:15 PM   #29
Pure435i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i M-Sport

positive it was on stage 1

I definitely agree with you about the station possibly not being upgraded yet.

just wanted to give my friends experience!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #30
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
You sure they still had stage 1 installed and not stock? It's possible they went to a facility that isn't yet capable of doing CVN checks, but other users here have failed due to tune even while on stock DP with emission monitors ready.
I was just going to tag you in this lol