F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Jb4 Stopped Working
proTUNING Freaks

11-22-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
JainJude
Rep
Drives: BMW

Jb4 Stopped Working

Hello everyone,,
Hopefully this is a quick fix or solution. I've come across this issue several times on the forum on other threads but no one has come up with the reason or how to fix it.

I have a 2013 335 with the PWG. I purchased a Jb4 from another member about a year ago and installed it then. A few weeks ago, when i went to start my car i noticed the dreaded tranny light and the car had basically stock power again. I was not able to switch any maps with the Button on the console. I checked all the connections, also did a clean install again but nothing.reverse image search email checker port checker

I also connected the JB4 with the data cable to my laptop. It was still set on my last map (5) but still has stock power and the tranny light is still on.

I thought that it may be condensation on the board due to others saying it may have been their problem, so i put my board in a bag of rice for a few days but it didn't fix anything.

I also emailed burger but they don't support used stuff.

Should i just buy a new board for $175?

Last edited by JainJude; 11-23-2019 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 08:20 PM   #2
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

You need to read the fault codes that is the best way forward. If you had water damage you'd see rust everywhere so that doesn't seem likely, unless you had one of the really old non-sealed enclosures.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 10:21 AM   #3
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JainJude View Post
Hello everyone,,
Hopefully this is a quick fix or solution. I've come across this issue several times on the forum on other threads but no one has come up with the reason or how to fix it.

I have a 2013 335 with the PWG. I purchased a Jb4 from another member about a year ago and installed it then. A few weeks ago, when i went to start my car i noticed the dreaded tranny light and the car had basically stock power again. I was not able to switch any maps with the Button on the console. I checked all the connections, also did a clean install again but nothing.reverse image search email checker port checker

I also connected the JB4 with the data cable to my laptop. It was still set on my last map (5) but still has stock power and the tranny light is still on.

I thought that it may be condensation on the board due to others saying it may have been their problem, so i put my board in a bag of rice for a few days but it didn't fix anything.

I also emailed burger but they don't support used stuff.

Should i just buy a new board for $175?

Have you logged it or read the codes?

The JB4 would not cause a Tranny light / fault.

Mike
Appreciate 0