F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MHD Stage2+ Planning, Log Advice
GetBMWParts

12-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #1
mcsweeto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M-Sport 435i xDrive (6MT)

I don't want to be obnoxious, I promise I'm actively trying to get better at taking logs and understanding what they're telling me. I'd like to shoot for MHD Stage 2+ with my FBO setup, but feel like I've got a few things to sort before going there. For one, I need a brake job. That's pending.

I took two 3rd gear pulls on the way home from work. I would have liked to do a few more but there were other cars on the road and I didn't want to be a dangerous asshole. High 80s at the top of the pull on my "logging roads" sometimes can test the bounds of safety and responsibility.

There's some transient timing corrections across cylinders between the two pulls- not the same ones each time. Plugs are fairly fresh, about 3K miles. Coils slightly less so, maybe around 10K. There's deviation between boost actual and target, which makes me believe some piping might be tired. When I did the FMIC install a few weeks ago, I noticed a little slop in the TIC. I'm not sure how much is normal.

What say the experts? Did I get the right data points this time? I reread thejeremyman9 post a couple more times before leaving work. Advice is always welcome and appreciated, as long as you're willing to be patient as I get the hang of this.

https://datazap.me/u/mcsweeto/3rd-ge...-5-16-33-35-36

2015 435i xdrive msport
107K miles
BMS chargepipe
ARM 11" FMIC
VRSF catted DP
AFE Pro Dry filter, unmodified airbox
AFE scoop
Stock Bosch plugs
Stock coils
MHD Stage 2 OTS 93 octane
93 octane Shell V-power from a reputable, regional distributor's stations

Last edited by mcsweeto; 12-04-2021 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:14 PM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Nice background and summary and good job doing the background and work yourself before posting

I took a quick look through and nothing looks "wrong" in the logs that would prevent me from flashing stage 2+. The boost is a bit more below target than what you would like to see but it could be because you are manual (i assume) and the gear you logged in, or it could just be the stage 2 map, which is very rarely ran with MHD (usually its 1 or 2+). The timing is quite good and i would not worry about that at all, most people end up having to run the 91 map with 93 because their fuel cant support the 93 map. Overall the logs look clean. I wouldnt go chasing a boost leak or anything until you flash stage 2+, drive some adaptation miles, and log that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #3
mcsweeto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M-Sport 435i xDrive (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Nice background and summary and good job doing the background and work yourself before posting

I took a quick look through and nothing looks "wrong" in the logs that would prevent me from flashing stage 2+. The boost is a bit more below target than what you would like to see but it could be because you are manual (i assume) and the gear you logged in, or it could just be the stage 2 map, which is very rarely ran with MHD (usually its 1 or 2+). The timing is quite good and i would not worry about that at all, most people end up having to run the 91 map with 93 because their fuel cant support the 93 map. Overall the logs look clean. I wouldnt go chasing a boost leak or anything until you flash stage 2+, drive some adaptation miles, and log that.
Thanks for always taking the time to help members like me out, man. I greatly appreciate it.

Onward I go.