F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
GetBMWParts

06-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #793
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehia osman View Post
Guys I am in egypt too. Will be receiving my 320i tom. isa

I heard that using 92RON doesn't produce the 184Hp as promised , Is that true ? How much is the power loss ?
Hi Yehia,
I have a 328 and I definitely feel difference from Ron 95 to RON 92

I am not even sure that our cars will get the spec HP in RON 95 since they are low compression engines.

The only way to find out is through a dyno

I heard there is a dyno in herafeyeen but didn't have the guts nor the time to do it

Anyway your car is faster than 90 % of the cars on the streets in egypt enjoy it man
      06-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #794
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

Hello All,

I was postponing my decision to buy the f30 till I see the new MB C class.

I went to their test drive and here is my feefback if it will help others.

Interior:
Frankly the c class interiors quality is by far better than the f30 , this on both fronts, material quality and design.

Exterior:
Its generally based on taste and opinions are subjective to this, from my point of view the c class looks more stunning than the f30, its lines and specially the back looks amazing.

Space

The f30 is noticeably spacious than the c class specially for the back seats.
Trunk is by numbers the same for both (480) both, but the f30 trunk looks larger.

Power-train
I drove both the 316 and 320, even the 316 with the 136 HP is better than the MB c180 ( which is the only variant that will be in Egypt as they stopped assembly of the larger engines in Egypt) which is 156 HP but the 316 feels snappier and smoother.

Suspension:

Felt that both f30 and the c class are the same in terms of comfort, but for handling i cant judge because i reached only 100 km/h with the c class so cant judge the body role.

Brakes:
C class is superior than the f30 in this front.

Options:

The price here must be considered, so the last category in the c class is for 470 k which is nonsense for a c 180, and my other choice is 320 f30.

The command system introduced in Egypt is not command online, its the lower command 20, no navigation, no ipod control, no dvd player i guess, smaller screen, . Compared to the new NBT is the 320 there is no comparison

The car is equipped with LED headlights, with lens for the low beam and without lens for the high beam, which turns like if you installed xenon in demeshq street for a Lanos or verna.

The gear stick behind the steering wheels felt odd and not as athletic as the f30 stick.

Instrument cluster screen in the c class looks nice however not compared to the functionality of the extended cluster in the f30.

Finally my decision was the Lovely F30 320 as it have more powerful engine, better ZF gearbox rather than the MB 7G tronic, lower price and thus higher value for money (470 k v 438 K), more spacious, and assuming better handling than the c class as as usual Egypt didnt introduce the airmatic suspension in the C class.

So if you are comparing or you already own an f30, from my point of view the f30 is a winner here.

Will join the club soon ISA amd post photos once the car is delivered.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #795
Yehia osman
Private
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 320i F30

Thanks for the speedy reply

I will try testing 0-100 in the coming week to see if its around 7.3 sec with 92 RON but i doubt I think it will be around 8 sec.

But hey don't put it on a dyno , i've seen plenty of car fall off better be safe

If I use a tuning chip , i should upgrade to 95 or is 92 acceptable ?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #796
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
Hi guys I own a f30 320i I would like to improve the sound of the engine. What is available here in Egypt whether it's air intake or exhaust or maybe something else. And if anyone knows trusted guys and what are the prices.
Happy to see an all Egyptian f30 community!
Hi there, you got plenty of options from intake, downpipe & exhaust whether from full exhaust or just axle back, everyone of them got pro's & con's

Intake: you'll get nice throttle response, you'll hear the whistle sound but too expensive for just those there might be gains about 5 hp but you won't feel it

Downpipe: Very nice mod, you'll get power, more torque.. much louder noise & good price but it might trigger a CEL if you don't have the special cable or JB4 (tune)

Exhaust: Not all exhaust make more power just few out there that has been tested on dyno and proven gains but basically just for sound & less weight than stock exhaust but much expensive than both.

This is an experience from owning the three bolt-ons, I do NOT recommend getting catless downpipe with catless exhaust it will be soo loud unless you shake your pants with more money and got the meisterschaft or F1 exhaust with flap mod.

Cheers..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 02:47 AM   #797
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Guys I am in egypt too. Will be receiving my 320i tom. isa

I heard that using 92RON doesn't produce the 184Hp as promised , Is that true ? How much is the power loss ?
Congrats in advance, RON95 is a mandatory for any tune or you will get pings, knocks or even engine damage.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 02:49 AM   #798
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:

I will try testing 0-100 in the coming week to see if its around 7.3 sec with 92 RON but i doubt I think it will be around 8 sec.

But hey don't put it on a dyno , i've seen plenty of car fall off better be safe

Next meeting, I'll hook up the OBDII & we can get accurate numbers
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 03:02 AM   #799
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifbmw View Post
Hello All,

Interior:
Frankly the c class interiors quality is by far better than the f30 , this on both fronts, material quality and design.

Exterior:
Its generally based on taste and opinions are subjective to this, from my point of view the c class looks more stunning than the f30, its lines and specially the back looks amazing.

Space

Trunk is by numbers the same for both (480) both, but the f30 trunk looks larger.

Power-train
I drove both the 316 and 320, even the 316 with the 136 HP is better than the MB c180 ( which is the only variant that will be in Egypt as they stopped assembly of the larger engines in Egypt) which is 156 HP but the 316 feels snappier and smoother.

Suspension:

Felt that both f30 and the c class are the same in terms of comfort, but for handling i cant judge because i reached only 100 km/h with the c class so cant judge the body role.

Brakes:

Options:

The price here must be considered, so the last category in the c class is for 470 k which is nonsense for a c 180, and my other choice is 320 f30.

The command system introduced in Egypt is not command online, its the lower command 20, no navigation, no ipod control, no dvd player i guess, smaller screen, . Compared to the new NBT is the 320 there is no comparison

The car is equipped with LED headlights, with lens for the low beam and without lens for the high beam, which turns like if you installed xenon in demeshq street for a Lanos or verna.

The gear stick behind the steering wheels felt odd and not as athletic as the f30 stick.

Instrument cluster screen in the c class looks nice however not compared to the functionality of the extended cluster in the f30.

Finally my decision was the Lovely F30 320 as it have more powerful engine, better ZF gearbox rather than the MB 7G tronic, lower price and thus higher value for money (470 k v 438 K), more spacious, and assuming better handling than the c class as as usual Egypt didnt introduce the airmatic suspension in the C class.

So if you are comparing or you already own an f30, from my point of view the f30 is a winner here.

Hey man we haven't heard from you in a while,

Well they always have a budget for producing a model, so the interior might be high quality but I doubt the suspension or isolation quality (316i in this case)

Exterior, it's a matter of opinion. I am in Germany & saw the new S, honestly not a fan of new design language of Merc.
BMW represents my personal taste in everything, design, shape, size, colors ect.

suspension: i really want to know if the C has the jump when you hit a road bump on higher speeds. but it's treatable anyway

Brakes: you can only talk about the 316i lol or else the C180 would have stronger brakes than 335i that has the 4 pistons
& for this matter with all the modifications I have which is 40+ hp
I only upgraded the brake pad which I have single piston setup
and that's what make BMW brakes feel that way.. only the pads are just low quality which I think they are not original because I saw 328i here & what a difference in quality of pads !!

power-train: BMW is always known for driving dynamics, better response & the car is much more alive, especially in the 3 series segment will always be the best.

Merc. command system is ages behind BMW's idrive. no comment

That's what I hate about the new E & C seen the LED on E in Egypt and Germany, believe me they have done this in Egypt, they played with lightning which I don't like such a cheap trick

Eventually I am glad you sorted out your opinion whether it's C or F30 but if you choosen the C, you won't have any rights here JK

Cheers man
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 06:44 AM   #800
Gunnert
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i f30

Exhaust and air intake

Rusty what's your setup atm and where can I buy a good quality exhaust and intake here in Egypt
Thank you for your thorough reply.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 06:59 AM   #801
rustyminded
Major
Rep

For 320i owners here is a good example for JB4
just plug & play

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 07:29 AM   #802
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnert View Post
Rusty what's your setup atm and where can I buy a good quality exhaust and intake here in Egypt
Thank you for your thorough reply.
I have the 3. intake, dp & axle-back, I don't think they sell same products as I don't buy my stuff from Egypt. I get them directly from USA.. want anything I can help you out choose what matches your style.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #803
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I would recommend going RON95 with chip tune.

I have a JB4 and whe I use RON 92 I shut it down
      06-19-2014, 04:54 PM   #804
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hello All,

Interior:

Exterior:

Space

Power-train

Suspension:

Brakes:

Options:

Great review man, good luck on your new car
      06-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #805
Yehia osman
Private
Egypt
Rep

Got my car today . I must say bavarian group gave me the best wake up call saying I should come get my car )

I loved it , I rev it up to 3-3.5 RPM and enjoyed it .(don't wanna push it hard the first 500-1000 k.m).

If anyone can explain , why should i use 95 RON when I am remaping/chip tuning , If I tune and change piston size its technically a 328i so i can use 92 or what ?

The steering is smooth but a little bit inconsistent it feels heavier\lighter sometimes , Is it common or is it just me ?

However a great car but brakes might need upgrading just to be safe , A great car to have

MSAAAA

Last edited by Yehia osman; 06-19-2014 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #806
Sherifbmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
Great review man, good luck on your new car
Thanks Ouzzo, will defiantly need your help and the experts here help once i receive it ISA
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #807
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Got my car today . I must say bavarian group gave me the best wake up call saying I should come get my car )

I loved it , I rev it up to 3-3.5 RPM and enjoyed it .(don't wanna push it hard the first 500-1000 k.m).

If anyone can explain , why should i use 95 RON when I am remaping/chip tuning , If I tune and change piston size its technically a 328i so i can use 92 or what ?

The steering is smooth but a little bit inconsistent it feels heavier\lighter sometimes , Is it common or is it just me ?

However a great car but brakes might need upgrading just to be safe , A great car to have

MSAAAA
Congraatss !! even for 328i, i don't use ron 92 unless with octane or pure ron95.. the people who made the tune always use 91(ron95) while configuring the tune, certain a/f ratio so you need ron95 to reach that ratio..if you use less grade you won't get the performance claimed & will get knocks ect.

no the brakes are completely fine, you just need the padst pads

just don't rev. past 4k rpm for 2k kilometers till break in period is done. enjoy your ride
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #808
Yehia osman
Private
Egypt
Rep

What do you think about the steering ? Does it change feeling become heavier\lighter ?

I honestly can't spend money on 95RON :P so I'll settle with 92 (and bare the power loss )
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #809
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
What do you think about the steering ? Does it change feeling become heavier\lighter ?

I honestly can't spend money on 95RON :P so I'll settle with 92 (and bare the power loss )
well it's pretty decent, it's much lighter than the F10 & it's EPS (electronic) so it can be updated through overnight update at dealer. so maybe your production has latest update & might be different we'll find out that later.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #810
Yehia osman
Private
Egypt
Rep

I am sure you all went through this (the automatic start/stop)..

I want to keep it Off instead of each time getting in the car turning it off manually , After some research every forums i've seen people said I should go to the dealer . Is there another solution ?

Sorry for the whole lot of questions
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #811
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am sure you all went through this (the automatic start/stop)..

I want to keep it Off instead of each time getting in the car turning it off manually , After some research every forums i've seen people said I should go to the dealer . Is there another solution ?

Sorry for the whole lot of questions
You have basically Two solutions
1- dealer can now turn it to remember last setting . So if off it will remain off after restarting your car

2- someone who has coding ability can connect his computer to your car and do the same as dealer. Or even make it always default off rather than default on.

Unfortunately my coding token is expired or I would have voulantered to do it for you.

I am also not sure if it will cost money at the dealer. You need to ask
      06-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #812
Sherifbmw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
You have basically Two solutions
1- dealer can now turn it to remember last setting . So if off it will remain off after restarting your car

2- someone who has coding ability can connect his computer to your car and do the same as dealer. Or even make it always default off rather than default on.

Unfortunately my coding token is expired or I would have voulantered to do it for you.

I am also not sure if it will cost money at the dealer. You need to ask
Hi Ouzzo,

I am not sure the dealer here in Egypt knows that it can be coded, I asked the sales in Bavarian about it and mentioned that it is on last user preference selection by default since last year outside Egypt and he was astonished
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #813
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Ok guys, so I was stalking BMS post on testing the EWG (electronic wastegate) harness for N55 (335i) cars and as they came close to producing it in large scale, I spoke with Terry (BMS Owner) about EWG harness for N20 (328i, 320i) & if they are going straight to production but I was shocked when he said it's not in the test phase yet.. so I had a though I have to wait another 6 month to be produced so I can buy it until I got an email from him personally asking if I'm interested to be in first group for EWG testers as he wanted different test cars with JB4 only, JB4 & downpipe ect..
I promise I will try my best to send as much datalogs for analysis so EWG JB4 owners can have all the control & fun on their car.
      06-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #814
Osmansky
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 316i

Excellent Review

Quote:
Hello All,

Interior:

Exterior:

Space

Power-train

Suspension:

Brakes:

Options:

Appreciate 0