F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmertech MMI Prime.....issues/concerns?
ARMA SPEED

01-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #23
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Question, any way to skip to next songs or back while in Carplay. Only way I see is the right scroll wheel, but it also starts to move my WAZE options and highlighting those and you scroll on a heads up display. Not what I was hoping for.

Also, whether I'm using let's say, Music in carplay, that is streaming via Bluetooth setting in the menu, you can't double tap/press the right arrow, it has no effect. Same with music library on the hard drive. Can't seem to get it to skip, or if it is even possible?

Thanks
Double tap the iDrive controller right or left to skip to next or previous song.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 10:12 AM   #24
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Double tap the iDrive controller right or left to skip to next or previous song.
Yeah so have to hard press the knob not the tiny arrows. And you can’t have the play pause button highlighted. Did some testing. And you have to be in the Apple Music app can’t be in the background. THat isn’t good.

Thx
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 11:51 AM   #25
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Quote:
Yeah so have to hard press the knob not the tiny arrows. And you can't have the play pause button highlighted. Did some testing. And you have to be in the Apple Music app can't be in the background. THat isn't good.

Thx
I don't use Apple music but with Spotify the screen view can be anywhere, e.g. Maps and the double toggle still works.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 07:29 AM   #26
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Quote:
I don't use Apple music but with Spotify the screen view can be anywhere, e.g. Maps and the double toggle still works.
I guess we are all over the place on the terminology here.

A double tap is usually referred to as touching the arrows/top of the iDrive controller wheel to make it do something, like the touchpad piece...that has no function on MMI from what I've seen.

"Moving", the act of sliding or moving the wheel up/down/left/right...particularly to the right or left twice quickly, DOES skip or go back the next song anywhere.

Pressing/pushing is the act of making the iDrive wheel go inward with a straight down movement towards the ground let's say, or right/left/up/down at the same time. For example, pressing down and to the right hard twice will bring up Siri.

So, skipping or going backwards by "moving" the wheel right/left twice quickly DOES work fine.

Double tapping the touchpad does nothing in MMI. Only in the iDrive regular menu can you touchpad around.

Pushing down and to the right twice brings up Siri.

Or you can just say Hey Siri, skip song.

Thx

Last edited by techlogik; 01-27-2021 at 08:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 05:21 AM   #27
Catalin Alexandru
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d X

MMI Prime clock setting

Hello guys. Anybody knows how to set the front page clock of the BimmerTech MMI Prime?
Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 07:40 PM   #28
CarFan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 3.5 Premium

Garage List
I bought my Bimmertech MMI Prime in September and had it installed a couple weeks later. Its been a mixed bag candidly. For one thing a simple operation booklet would be great yet it isn't included. The installer used an iPhone to set everything up and when he found out I had an Android phone he said i was on my own.

Except for the first day I've never been able to get the device to automatically connect the way it does in rental cars when I'm on travel. I have to manually connect the bluetooth to the MMI and then it works almost instantly.

Right before Christmas Android pushed out an update and I foolishly selected it without realizing that it would cause more problems than it solves. Since then even when AA starts 2/3rds of the time the map app is not available. To get the map to work you have to do a hard reset of the phone and then start the map app and leave it operating on the phone. Then start the car and then select MMI Prime on the bluetooth. Most of the time when AA starts it includes the map app.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AA and that has only made things worse. Now I can't get wireless to work at all. I wonder if anyone has had this issue.

It seems like I should be able to start completely over with an Android Auto install so that I can see what settings are causing the problem but I can only get to full operation of AA or a blank screen. No options in between.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2022, 08:53 AM   #29
PoolParty
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 320i xdrive

MMI Prime - heat concerns

Hi,
I have been installing the MMI Prime from Bimmertech in our f30 but I have noticed when it is wired in that the radio head unit becomes extremely hot to the touch. Multiple emails to Bimmertech and a call to tech support and they said that it is OK and not to worry.
Personally I doubt they are going to replace my radio head unit if it burns out so I am still hesitant to complete installation.
Other than the heat issue the functionality is great - also added the rear camera option which is nice.

Has anyone else noticed this heat issue??
Appreciate 0