F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Transfer Case Output Flange Failure, Cause Analysis, Prevention, and Repair
ARMA SPEED

04-29-2021, 07:50 PM   #221
Enabled
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KingJames- View Post
Have a 17 330ix GT, in very low speeds during parking and turning the wheels fully to the right or left, theres some vibrations coming from the front wheels. BMW diagnosed it as a bad Transfer case and quoted me a full replacement + labor.

Shouldn't my car have the new "fix" with the rubber gumbo? Trying to see if BMW NA will pay for it.
I have seen that and it's usually the transfer case module getting stuck on full activated. Completely different issue and I have fixed those with a $75 used part and programming. It doesn't require a full transfer case, but that was cool of them.

Your car already has the rubber giubo/flex disc, so it wouldn't need to be done.
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 02:55 PM   #222
-KingJames-
Private
Rep
Drives: F34 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
I have seen that and it's usually the transfer case module getting stuck on full activated. Completely different issue and I have fixed those with a $75 used part and programming. It doesn't require a full transfer case, but that was cool of them.

Your car already has the rubber giubo/flex disc, so it wouldn't need to be done.
Its always there, the vibrations with the wheel fully turned and backing out of a parking space. Well they haven't responded yet whether they would be covering it. What was the $75 used part and which module did you reprogram?
Appreciate 0