F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Adaptive LED headlights not working as they should
Studio RSR

11-19-2021, 07:10 AM   #1
lsw49555
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xDrive

Adaptive LED headlights not working as they should

Hello everyone,
I've recently bought a used F30 imported from the USA, that is equipped with Adaptive LEDs. The car was hit on the left-hand side, so the US headlamp was changed to a European one. That caused the left side marker to switch off, while the US one still worked. After I bought the car, while coding some iDrive functions, I've asked serviceman to code my side marker off, as it is not mandatory in Poland where I live. After I got my car back, I have realized that after turning off right side marker, left front blinker refused to work at all. I changed the US headlight and turn signal module to brand new European ones. All modules were reset to previous values, and then coded back to Europe. After that, both blinkers started working, but the car started flashing "high beam error" occasionally, and "right cornering light error" after every right-hand turn. One of the right lamp sections stopped working too (marked as red in the image)... Then, I have changed left-hand side modules around with right-hand modules. Car stopped flashing errors, but not working section still doesn't work.

If anyone has an idea how to sort this problem out, please contact me. I have bought a car I have dreamed of, and I have enough of it after just 2 weeks.

Thanks in advice.

Last edited by lsw49555; 11-19-2021 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Gramatics
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:39 AM   #2
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsw49555 View Post
Hello everyone,
I've recently bought a used F30 imported from the USA, that is equipped with Adaptive LEDs. The car was hit on the left-hand side, so the US headlamp was changed to a European one. That caused the left side marker to switch off, while the US one still worked. After I bought the car, while coding some iDrive functions, I've asked serviceman to code my side marker off, as it is not mandatory in Poland where I live. After I got my car back, I have realized that after turning off right side marker, left front blinker refused to work at all. I changed the US headlight and turn signal module to brand new European ones. All modules were reset to previous values, and then coded back to Europe. After that, both blinkers started working, but the car started flashing "high beam error" occasionally, and "right cornering light error" after every right-hand turn. One of the right lamp sections stopped working too (marked as red in the image)... Then, I have changed left-hand side modules around with right-hand modules. Car stopped flashing errors, but not working section still doesn't work.

If anyone has an idea how to sort this problem out, please contact me. I have bought a car I have dreamed of, and I have enough of it after just 2 weeks.

Thanks in advice.

It might be the miss match between ECE headlight/modules and USDM headlight/modules.
      11-20-2021, 11:26 AM   #3
lsw49555
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtypants44 View Post
It might be the miss match between ECE headlight/modules and USDM headlight/modules.
But after flipping them around, that section still doesn't work, error messages disappeared though...

Last edited by lsw49555; 11-20-2021 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
smrtypants44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Also, on my car with VLD coded the interior half of the outside beam doesnt activate until the car is moving (15-25mph, not sure the exact value). You can see the difference because it activates that part in reverse, but once you put it in drive it turns it off until you are moving faster.