F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > X7 discounts
ARMA SPEED

02-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
Witney
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model-Y LR

X7 discounts

First proper deal I have spotted at Halliwell Jones with 14.2k off list with the Technology Pack included so about 17.2k off retail.

I am in the minority but looks have grown on me and interior is lovely.

I am hoping they will depreciate like a 7 series for a "cheap" second hand buy.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17483.00
      02-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #2
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witney View Post
First proper deal I have spotted at Halliwell Jones with 14.2k off list with the Technology Pack included so about 17.2k off retail.

I am in the minority but looks have grown on me and interior is lovely.

I am hoping they will depreciate like a 7 series for a "cheap" second hand buy.
I agree seen one on Friday in the car park it looked lovely inside and out.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Damn. Don't tell @jnw1 after what I just wrote in reply to him, but that is a good deal. I've had a good look at X7 deals and nothing more than 3 or so grand off wherever I looked.

I feel it's probably too big, and I'd still prefer much about a Disco. But I'm going to click the link anyway

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

I really like them. Saw one close up a few weeks ago whilst my car was serviced. It was a M50d with big wheels etc. Looked good and the grill doesn't look so big in the metal. Interior quality was great I thought.

Even with discount they will stay be way, way outside my budget.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:54 AM   #5
Witney
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model-Y LR

Interestingly, carwow discounts are still very low and nothing like the HJ offer....
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 05:01 AM   #6
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witney View Post
Interestingly, carwow discounts are still very low and nothing like the HJ offer....
The small print of the HJ offer showed q4 dates deapite being in current offers

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 09:14 AM   #7
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Shit gets real.

I think the offer is still on, haven't gone through it in any detail but I have a deal outlined which looks like it matches up. At least gives something to compare the cost of the Discovery too, but looks very much in the same ballpark.

Appreciate 1
isleaiw18750.00
      02-14-2020, 09:23 AM   #8
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

I think there's serious potential here for a forum group discount - for Specsavers that is!
Appreciate 1
JD64263.50
      02-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #9
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I think there's serious potential here for a forum group discount - for Specsavers that is!
don't be so hard on the weird front end...of your incoming G20

Appreciate 1
mcoops1757.00
      02-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #10
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
It’s telling that we are trying to work out whose car is worst looking...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 09:50 AM   #11
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Shit gets real.

I think the offer is still on, haven't gone through it in any detail but I have a deal outlined which looks like it matches up. At least gives something to compare the cost of the Discovery too, but looks very much in the same ballpark.
Wow, that's got to be tempting. Different level from the Disco.

I'd definitely be in the X7.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #12
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Quote:
Hard on for the weird front end
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 09:58 AM   #13
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:
The prosecution rests its case; if someone can look at an X7 and then suggest it's the front end of the G20/G21 that's weird they really do need to go to Specsavers!
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 10:14 AM   #14
GBR1
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 45e on order

Quote:
Shit gets real.

What are the rough numbers, come on spill the beans!

GBR1
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #15
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR1 View Post
Quote:
Shit gets real.

What are the rough numbers, come on spill the beans!

GBR1
£699 per month and £6999 in for 48/8k, standard offer on their website for a 30d MSport plus tech pack.

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 11:04 AM   #16
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
£699 per month and £6999 in for 48/8k, standard offer on their website for a 30d MSport plus tech pack.
That's where they fall down for me, I'm just not wealthy enough. £850 a month on 8k, get it to my mileage of 25k and it'd be over £1200 I suspect.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 11:07 AM   #17
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:
Shit gets real.

Wow, that's got to be tempting. Different level from the Disco.

I'd definitely be in the X7.
With the caveat that I haven't driven it, I'm not sure it's different level. It looks roughly equivalent to a FFRR low spec, which I don't get in and see any difference to mine.

My suspicions are - it would drive worse (going on X5 v D5 both 3.0 diesel), be quieter (double glazed), be slower (less power) and have a few bits worse and a few bits better. Slightly too big and slightly less equipment. Much worse choice of interior colours, but they are ok. Better infotainment with iDrive. Much worse stereo as I couldn't afford the 3k top level one so it's HK vs Meridian Surround.

But definitely tempting. Always swings and roundabouts!

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #18
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
With the caveat that I haven't driven it, I'm not sure it's different level. It looks roughly equivalent to a FFRR low spec, which I don't get in and see any difference to mine.

My suspicions are - it would drive worse (going on X5 v D5 both 3.0 diesel), be quieter (double glazed), be slower (less power) and have a few bits worse and a few bits better. Slightly too big and slightly less equipment. Much worse choice of interior colours, but they are ok. Better infotainment with iDrive. Much worse stereo as I couldn't afford the 3k top level one so it's HK vs Meridian Surround.

Maybe is just me. I've sat a few times in a Discovery at dealerships and it feels much more utilitarian than a RR, or even an X5, never mind the X7. Still a nice place to sit, but not really aiming to be on a par with those.

And from the outside to my mind the X7 looks more luxurious too. BMW certainly aren't aiming it at the Disco as a direct competitor I'm sure. All the articles I saw were BMW were aiming it a very small group of SUV's, really the FFRR and the GLS.

I was thinking more class of car than specific options on them when I said different level.

Last edited by Goneinsixtyseconds; 02-14-2020 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 12:13 PM   #19
GBR1
Captain
Rep
Drives: G05 45e on order

I sat in one on Tuesday, it's a very nice place to be, how much more than an X5 though is debatable, bigger yes, nicer, not so sure.

Engine choice isn't there at the moment either, the 45e would be a good choice or the new 40d (mild hybrid) a better choice over the 30d.

At a sensible deposit you are £2k in and then approx £825 a month without options.

If it goes the same way as the 7series, which I don't think it will depreciation will be a free fall event which can't be ignored.

The JLR vs BMW vs Audi vs Merc in this high end arena is confusing. There are quite a few cars, similarly priced but quite different end results. I think this was mentioned before.

X5 is a direct competitor to the GLE then the RRS?

X7 is a direct competitor to the GLS then the FFRR?

Disco against the Q7, or is the Q7 against the GLE/GLS or X5/X7.

It's a pretty mixed up market with plenty of choice if your happy to pay..
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #20
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
I sat in one on Tuesday, it's a very nice place to be, how much more than an X5 though is debatable, bigger yes, nicer, not so sure.

Engine choice isn't there at the moment either, the 45e would be a good choice or the new 40d (mild hybrid) a better choice over the 30d.

At a sensible deposit you are £2k in and then approx £825 a month without options.

If it goes the same way as the 7series, which I don't think it will depreciation will be a free fall event which can't be ignored.

The JLR vs BMW vs Audi vs Merc in this high end arena is confusing. There are quite a few cars, similarly priced but quite different end results. I think this was mentioned before.

I'd compare the Q7 with the X5 and GLE.

And then perhaps slightly controversially, I'd add the XC90 into that mix!

(And I say that with Mr TP having had one for 2 years)
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 01:00 PM   #21
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Quote:

Maybe is just me. I've sat a few times in a Discovery at dealerships and it feels much more utilitarian than a RR, or even an X5, never mind the X7. Still a nice place to sit, but not really aiming to be on a par with those.

And from the outside to my mind the X7 looks more luxurious too. BMW certainly aren't aiming it at the Disco as a direct competitor I'm sure. All the articles I saw were BMW were aiming it a very small group of SUV's, really the FFRR and the GLS.

I was thinking more class of car than specific options on them when I said different level.
Discos vary quite dramatically from SE through HSE to HSE Lux and the Windsor leather everywhere treatment on the latter makes a big difference. Every showroom I have been in contains one of the other two. Sit in a base model FFRR and it's nigh-on identical bar veneers. Step up the range and it's a different story.

I agree with everything else though; this is base model premium model versus top end of a mid-range model.

Can't pretend that it's not quite the conundrum.

That X7 deal is better than I was getting on an optioned X5 last year. It's a bloody amazing car at that price as BMW have thrown the kitchen sink at building a FFRR rival.

Hmmm.

Appreciate 1
      02-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #22
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I agree it's a very mixed up market. How you've aligned it is how I see it, the Disco is a bit of a wild card in there which is hard to find a direct comparison with imho. X5 and RRS definite rivals.

Depreciation not that much of a concern as this is a buy once and keep for many years choice. (Unless it ends up in rejection )

I probably faulted the X5 in three areas - noise, which laminated glass would fix in both X5 and standard in X7, the air suspension not being as well resolved as JLRs and the last one was space. The X7 fixes two of those and now I do a lot more motorway miles than when I was making the decision last time around. Also very expensive to spec up a X5, but X7 has much of it as standard.

45e would be perfect, I agree.

(Not knocking the X5, this is very much about my tastes and requirements for *******.

Appreciate 0