F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > New 440i
proTUNING Freaks

02-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #23
bellguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 440I M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Well... what would you rather buy - a car with an OPF or a car with MPPSK?
I know my answer

In reality both will lose value as soon as the new G model kicks in. This is normal. There will always be something newer.

Sales people are trained to make you feel good about your purchase This is a recognised part of marketing - post-purchase emotions are important to manage and influence in order to ensure overall customer satisfaction. This said - you did buy a great car, despite the unfortunate OPF, so nothing to feel badly about (Trust me - I am not directly in sales )
Lol, he is a friend i have known for 27 years and has nothing to do with sales it's to do with government legislation, he gave me the nod it was coming available before it hit the sales floor as it was the main dealers branches finance managers car so nothing unfortunate about it really as it's inevitable all cars will have them in the very short future and I certainly don't feel bad about anything as if you knew what I paid for it you would know why I am extremely happy lol.
Yes it is a great car and yes it will lose its value, some more than others obviously.

As the car is only 12 weeks old I will simply fit my Remus system which sounds awesome and takes all of 20 minutes to fit on the ramp, it even uses the flap the original one uses, then swap it back to the oe system temporarily if it needs warranty work being done, so no hardship whatsoever lol.
As to mot, my brother in law owns a garage and mot centre so for me that won't be an issue really, I even get all my servicing done for cost of parts from BMW, no labour as he's family.

I do consider myself one lucky SOB lol lol, one little extra it has I love is the digital cockpit, a nice touch indeed plus all the carbon interior trim and HK sound system to mention a small selection of its packs and extras, will post a few pics next week once I get my grubby mitts on it lol
Two reasons I am not collecting it until next Monday is the road tax PLUS my buddy at the dealers is getting the ceramic coatings done on it for me for, well a beer or three let's say lol

Main reason I was miffed about mppsk is I was going to get it at cost price and fitted by Steve the workshop manager on Saturday in his own time, but hey, I will STRUGGLE with my Remus system

Not sure if it needs a rear spoiler on the trunk lid, hmmm, black or carbon, we shall see

Last edited by bellguy; 02-26-2020 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #24
bellguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 440I M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
Love the 704M Jet Black 19" staggered wheels!
Thank you, yes they suit it very well I think.
Appreciate 0