F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Pressure washer recommendations?
Studio RSR

05-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #23
Pobsey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 F31 330d / 2010 e87 118d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyJawa View Post
Nilfisk. Karcher are plastic impellers and crap unless you go k5 or above.

Kranzle are excellent but way over that budget!
My Kranzle K10 was worth every penny, faultless and built to last, but they are silly money
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 04:19 PM   #24
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobsey View Post
My Kranzle K10 was worth every penny, faultless and built to last, but they are silly money
Definetly out of my price range....!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 05:22 PM   #25
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

I have a Kranzle too and agree, they are the mutts.

Before you buy anything, check out how much water you are getting from your outside tap. Make sure you check at the other end of the hosepipe that you will be using as its pointless buying a decent machine if it needs more water than you are getting.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 05:37 PM   #26
Ennoch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D XDrive

I've had a K4 Karcher for the last six years and used it a lot, and I got my dad one for Christmas six months after getting mine. His stays outside up at the croft all year round where it's seen -15c and it's been fine, as has mine, although mine is kept indoors. I'm sure at some point it'll break but given how much use it gets, and the deals that can be had on them via amazon etc, they seem a pretty reasonable middle ground without spending daft money on something that ultimately works pretty similarly. I think I paid about £130 for mine.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 08:55 AM   #27
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoch View Post
I've had a K4 Karcher for the last six years and used it a lot, and I got my dad one for Christmas six months after getting mine. His stays outside up at the croft all year round where it's seen -15c and it's been fine, as has mine, although mine is kept indoors. I'm sure at some point it'll break but given how much use it gets, and the deals that can be had on them via amazon etc, they seem a pretty reasonable middle ground without spending daft money on something that ultimately works pretty similarly. I think I paid about £130 for mine.
That’s very cheap....lowest I have seen them for us £190 and that’s with no accessories.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #28
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Well IMO one to avoid is Black & Decker!

On the back of good reviews I bought a BXPW2000PE last year to replace my old Halfords pressure washer (which had finally given up the ghost after over 10 years of good service) and, while the B&D is good once working, the connectors for the lance, spray nozzle and snow foam bottle aren't the best (to put it mildly). On one occasion it spat the snow foam bottle clean off when I pulled the trigger and it was pure good luck it missed the car - given the pressure involved I imagine the full snow foam bottle could easily have damaged the paintwork or even dented a panel if it had flown a few inches lower!

Once the water's flowing with everything in place it works fine but I'm now ultra careful on start-up and never point the lance at the car until I'm confident everything's working properly. Perhaps there's a fault with my machine as the reviews I read prior to purchase didn't mention a similar problem; however, I'm thinking it just shouldn't be like that and for my own piece of mind I can see me putting the whole thing down to experience and getting something else to replace it.
Appreciate 0