F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Best Android mmi
ARMA SPEED

05-05-2021, 05:43 AM   #1
Mcdaddy
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d xdrive

Best Android mmi

Hi

I already have the professional nav in my 2015 330d but am looking at picking up an android auto box.
What is the best one to go for, the bimmer tech unit looks great but is a but too pricey for me when the others look like they do the same job.
I noticed the andream box keeps being talked about, what's the situation with shipping them into the UK now after Brexit?
Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 05:47 AM   #2
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaddy View Post
Hi

I already have the professional nav in my 2015 330d but am looking at picking up an android auto box.
What is the best one to go for, the bimmer tech unit looks great but is a but too pricey for me when the others look like they do the same job.
I noticed the andream box keeps being talked about, what's the situation with shipping them into the UK now after Brexit?
Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
I've got the Andream box. It's not without its flaws but vs cost of an OEM retrofit I can't complain.
There's a guy that sells them in the F30 Facebook group, think it was around £200 last time I checked but that's shipped from the UK. Could probably get a cheaper but you'd take a risk with import fees and delays I expect
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 07:36 AM   #3
zielony110
Registered
Rep
Drives: 435d xdrive

I'm thinking to get the Bimmertech one.
I do miss Android Auto and it would be nice to have it again.

there is a long discussion about all of tem:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...75929&page=266
But it is over 300 pages now
or
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1758751&page=7

From my perspective if you have already AUX input availible in your iDrive system then any box should work as all of them use this port. Otherwise you need to get it coded.
Bimmertech offer this option when you purchase the MMI box.
I must admit I don't know about Andream.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:21 AM   #4
Mcdaddy
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d xdrive

Thanks both, I do have the aux in my idrive already so pretty confident any should just be plug and play.
I have the idrive 4 so anything will be a step up and modernise what I already have, although I can't complain about the systems itself at all now.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 12:28 PM   #5
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Bimmertech is exactly the same unit as Andream but slightly different firmware. Think they're significantly more expensive though.
There's a few on the market but they all seem to be the same unit made in Taiwan or China but with marginally different firmware/software and support
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #6
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdaddy View Post
Hi

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks
They are all (Andream, RoadTop, Carlinkit, Bimmertech) on par at this point in regard to features, but Bimmertech's version has a nicer and simpler UI (although not worth the ~$400 premium imo).

But they all now auto-launch Android Auto when you unlock the car, switch to night mode when the headlights turn on, provide the new AA Split Screen view, etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 01:22 PM   #7
winther1
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe with MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zielony110 View Post
I'm thinking to get the Bimmertech one.
I do miss Android Auto and it would be nice to have it again.

there is a long discussion about all of tem:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...75929&page=266
But it is over 300 pages now
or
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1758751&page=7

From my perspective if you have already AUX input availible in your iDrive system then any box should work as all of them use this port. Otherwise you need to get it coded.
Bimmertech offer this option when you purchase the MMI box.
I must admit I don't know about Andream.
Is that just the AUX in the center console?
[img]https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/wp-co...-armrest-1.png[/img]

An mmi box is high on my wanted list - mainly to get waze on the idrive screen but also as it seems possible to hook up a front facing camera.