F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY: F30 Active Blind Spot Detection(Lane Change Warning) Retrofit
GetBMWParts

02-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #67
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
roxxor u the man. Thanks for all th help with the diy’s n the he personal help thru messages. I can’t find the info on real oem but was hoping u would kno if the mirror electronics from an f10 will fit in the f30? Also will the lcw housing from an f10 fit an f30? (Don’t think housing fit but no clue if the mirror electronic module will) I appreciate it.
Most likely not. The mirrors in general were different, and the F10 used different modules for controlling the mirrors (BDC vs FEM). Probably not work it to risk trying it out.
Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #68
Sanelko
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jet Black 328i

Anyone know what would happen if the switch was omitted altogether? Would it default to always on or would it be possible to code the switch out so it is always on?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #69
silver.f30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i - Glacier Silver

subscribing
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 07:53 AM   #70
Joersch90
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi guys,

I'm driving a F31 model with a manufacturer date 10.2016.

I also want to retrofit the LCW and I have a question regarding the coding.

Is it necessary to save the FA into the Car (VCM) for the initialisation of the flexray or is it enough to code only the LCW without a safed FA?

Is it coincidence when an initialisation of the flexray failed via Rheingold? Because some guys had to activate the flexray port for the LCW separately via Tool32?!Or was it only a bug in Rheingold?

Has the F31 always enough free Flexray Ports (The 5 series has depending of the euipment only 4 ports) ??

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 02:19 AM   #71
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Anyone know what would happen if everything was installed except for the mirror electronics? Would the steering wheel still vibrate?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 05:47 AM   #72
_Martin_
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D G31

Hi guys,

I am going to retrofit this 5AG and also surround and side view cameras. I already collected most of the requested parts except cables and connectors.

My biggest issue are the connectors now. I really do not know where are you looking for the order codes of the connectors. Even my BMW dealer was not able to help me. I sent him the picture of the connector that I need from TIS and I was told that they could not find it in the system. The reference numbers of connectors on TIS pictures are different from the BMW order numbers unfortunately.

And then I open this forum and I finally found all connectors needed like 61138373630 including corresponding codes of pins...

Realoem or similar online catalogues show the connectors greyed-out without the code. Could you tell me the secret where to find them?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 10:52 AM   #73
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Martin_ View Post
Hi guys,

I am going to retrofit this 5AG and also surround and side view cameras. I already collected most of the requested parts except cables and connectors.

My biggest issue are the connectors now. I really do not know where are you looking for the order codes of the connectors. Even my BMW dealer was not able to help me. I sent him the picture of the connector that I need from TIS and I was told that they could not find it in the system. The reference numbers of connectors on TIS pictures are different from the BMW order numbers unfortunately.

And then I open this forum and I finally found all connectors needed like 61138373630 including corresponding codes of pins...

Realoem or similar online catalogues show the connectors greyed-out without the code. Could you tell me the secret where to find them?
I'm not clear on exactly what you're asking, but when I google'd that part # the first hit was a site where you can buy it: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ol-61138373630

Is that what you're looking for?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 01:20 PM   #74
_Martin_
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 530D G31

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyki View Post
I'm not clear on exactly what you're asking, but when I google'd that part # the first hit was a site where you can buy it: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ol-61138373630

Is that what you're looking for?
Yes, of course, when you have the right part order number then you can simply buy it anywhere. My question is where can I find any full catalogue where also the connectors are listed. All standard parts catalogues (comming probably from the same database) like reaoem etc show the connectors on the pictures but the order number is not available...

What is the part number of POS 2 and 4?
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/en/showp...diagId=66_0338
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 01:28 PM   #75
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Martin_ View Post
Yes, of course, when you have the right part order number then you can simply buy it anywhere. My question is where can I find any full catalogue where also the connectors are listed. All standard parts catalogues (comming probably from the same database) like reaoem etc show the connectors on the pictures but the order number is not available...

What is the part number of POS 2 and 4?
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/en/showp...diagId=66_0338
Oh I see, yeah that can take some sleuthing. You may need to look at other versions of your car, for example choose a different date when drilling down in RealOEM. If you look at the 'Vehicle electrical system' section then it shows all the different types of connectors/pins/wires but rarely will it tell you exactly where they are supposed to go.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #76
agilbert314
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive Sport 2013

DIY complete

I did it! Thanks to roxxor, shawn and others for the invaluable help.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 05:35 AM   #77
RokasLTU
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Volvo V50, BMW 318d

Hello, are there any cables / wiring needed from the mirrors to the FEM unit?

Mine are electronically controled, but non foldable.

Last edited by RokasLTU; 01-09-2020 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 03:20 PM   #78
agilbert314
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i xDrive Sport 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokasLTU View Post
Hello, are there any cables / wiring needed from the mirrors to the FEM unit?

Mine are electronically controled, but non foldable.
I swap mirrors - to have the led warning. No extra wiring from the mirror to the FEM was necessary.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 10:40 PM   #79
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 BMW 328i

Sub'ed
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #80
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Do I need to Flash a used HC2 module

Roxxor. I liked your DIY and I understand you could not cover all the details.
Guys I know this is an old thread but help me out if you can.

My 2014 F10 came from factory with Blind spot (HC2/SWW) installed. A few months ago it started acting up until it finally died. ISTA-d shows SWW in Red (ECU not responding).

I picked up a master and a slave HC2 from a 2017 F10 (attached pics) and have a few questions (search did not answer these).

1. Could I get lucky by plugging in the used HC2 and they work
2. If not what do I need to do on a macro level to make them work. I have Esys and have done coding but not flashing - doing a Search gave me some guides on what to do on flashing.
3. Would I need to get the HC2 software to be compatible with my car by flashing
4. Would I need to also code it in some way to match specific values to my car like VIN etc..
5. I imagine this would be the same process for most ECUs whether new or used?

Again I am not looking for details just an overall sequence of what I would need to do.

Thanks.
Attached Images

06-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #81
mundo74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10M5

Done, was not had at all.

Following Shawn Sheridan: inject CAFD into ECU and VO Code it.

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on FEM_BODY => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on FEM_BODY (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

The only thing I did additionally was to select "single flash" so that I could choose my Factory I-level and Target I-level.
After finishing I ran ISTA-D and it had some errors for flexray initialization so I ran the ABL and now all modules are Green on the tree.

Was looking at $2000 at the dealer, but only cost me $150 for the used HC2s plus my time. So happy for all the help you guys provide.
      06-18-2020, 04:12 PM   #82
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Can someone give pointers on how to source side mirrors? I don't see any in ebay with below features

heated
BSD
power folding
auto dim
auto tilt on reverse

Thanks.

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 03:28 PM   #83
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Guys can anyone help me with below issue

Installing/Wiring the Driver Assistance Switch:
- Locate the 54-pin Connector A173*7B on the FEM, and connect the 3 wires in the following pin slots:
- Power (Red) to Pin Slot #37
- Ground (Black) to Pin Slot #39
- Signal (Yellow) to Pin Slot #38

The DIY guide says use pin 37, 38 & 39 on A173*7B connector. But in my car I see those slots are already occupied.

Do anyone know which other system might be using those slots or those wire are lying somewhere unused on the driver side? if yes, how and where to find them?

Just an FYI ... I don't have LCW or LDW from factory.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 01:49 AM   #84
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post

- Locate the 54-pin Connector A173*7B on the FEM, and connect the 3 wires in the following pin slots:

The DIY guide says use pin 37, 38 & 39 on A173*7B connector. But in my car I see those slots are already occupied.

Do anyone know which other system might be using those slots or those wire are lying somewhere unused on the driver side? if yes, how and where to find them?

Be carefully! You have the same s..t like me and I have FEM mid 4 port what mean it is not possible to install LCW. You need all FEM HIGH with 8 flexray port to install SWW.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #85
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:

Take your headlight control switch out. Check near that light control harness for another harness wrapped under it with those wrap tapes.

EDIT:

Look at this photo...you see the bulge wrap in the middle of the wire? unwrap that and take a look there.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jq8AA...L~/s-l1600.jpg

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2020, 10:03 AM   #86
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Quote:

Take your headlight control switch out. Check near that light control harness for another harness wrapped under it with those wrap tapes.

EDIT:

Look at this photo...you see the bulge wrap in the middle of the wire? unwrap that and take a look there.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jq8AA...L~/s-l1600.jpg
Yes sir, I found the prewired connector for driver assistance switch wrapped with the light switch, exactly as shown in the image.

Thank you so much though

Retrofits: NBT evo ID6, 6wb cluster, heated steering wheel, HUD, Kafas2 with LDW, SLI, HBA, FCW and pedestrian warning, LCW, Surround View, Parking Assist and ACC with Stop
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #87
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:
Yes sir, I found the prewired connector for driver assistance switch wrapped with the light switch, exactly as shown in the image.

Thank you so much though
I did the same thing you did lol. Order the pins and connector kit from my local BMW for 15$, crimp them to the wires, ran them all when i went to check the FEM, it was already populated. Went back to the switch area and probably spent a good 30 minutes looking for that wire

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 05:02 PM   #88
freespirit
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
Quote:

Thank you so much though
I did the same thing you did lol. Order the pins and connector kit from my local BMW for 15$, crimp them to the wires, ran them all when i went to check the FEM, it was already populated. Went back to the switch area and probably spent a good 30 minutes looking for that wire
Exactly BMW is very clever in hiding it

Now I'm in a similar treasure hunt for A173*8B pin 47 & 48 PT Can high and low used for Kafas2 ECU. I see they are prewired but donno where the other ends are hidden I can wiretap them but my OCD won't allow me :

Appreciate 0