F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Changing NBT Country Coding
Studio RSR

06-16-2021, 08:57 PM   #23
4x4kiwi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Active Hybrid 3

I'm sorry - you have gone out of my range of knowledge here. How do I check that. Perhaps something with Check FSC in FSC_Ext David

Last edited by 4x4kiwi; 06-16-2021 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 11:28 PM   #24
4x4kiwi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW Active Hybrid 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Did A1 FSC Code convert to A0 or it is still A1?
I'm not sure if it proves anything but I used a hex comparison program and compared the extracted DE files from before and after the FA changes and they were identical. (hence the same code generated) Not sure whether to try loading the maps or not. I am new to this FSC file stuff. I see in previous posts that 00A0 is for Navigation System Professional ECE/US and 00A1 for Navigation System Professional Asia so I understand why you are asking but not sure how to check. The Navi variant (or something similar) definitely changed to ECE after the NBT flash with the new FA. I am wondering if the A0 FSC is something I have to get off someone to load into my car - hence previous posters mentioning getting something off ebay. Hoping you can pass on some more suggestions. Thanks David
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 11:43 PM   #25
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4kiwi View Post
I'm sorry - you have gone out of my range of knowledge here. How do I check that. Perhaps something with Check FSC in FSC_Ext David
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4kiwi View Post
I'm not sure if it proves anything but I used a hex comparison program and compared the extracted DE files from before and after the FA changes and they were identical. (hence the same code generated) Not sure whether to try loading the maps or not. I am new to this FSC file stuff. I see in previous posts that 00A0 is for Navigation System Professional ECE/US and 00A1 for Navigation System Professional Asia so I understand why you are asking but not sure how to check. The Navi variant (or something similar) definitely changed to ECE after the NBT flash with the new FA. I am wondering if the A0 FSC is something I have to get off someone to load into my car - hence previous posters mentioning getting something off ebay. Hoping you can pass on some more suggestions. Thanks David
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #26
blackcat06
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30

Hi guys, I live in NZ and have bought a Japanese import.

The S/H car dealer has installed a New Zealand map already and changed the radio etc. to NZ spec. But looking through E-sys the FA still has 807 and 852 in it.
I want to change the FA to NZ specs so I can code other stuff that aren’t available in Japan like KAFAS Based SLI (I currently have a SLI emulator for the speed limit installed).

Should I bother changing the FA or will it be more trouble than it’s worth?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #27
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat06 View Post
Hi guys, I live in NZ and have bought a Japanese import.

The S/H car dealer has installed a New Zealand map already and changed the radio etc. to NZ spec. But looking through E-sys the FA still has 807 and 852 in it.
I want to change the FA to NZ specs so I can code other stuff that aren’t available in Japan like KAFAS Based SLI (I currently have a SLI emulator for the speed limit installed).

Should I bother changing the FA or will it be more trouble than it’s worth?

Thanks
FA is easy to change Language and Country Controller. It's your choice to do or not do.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 09:06 PM   #28
blackcat06
Rep

Quote:
FA is easy to change Language and Country Controller. It's your choice to do or not do.
So after I change the FA, all I need to do is load the new map with a new FSC?

Should I load or write new FA to VCM?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 09:09 PM   #29
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So after I change the FA, all I need to do is load the new map with a new FSC?

Should I load or write new FA to VCM?

Thanks
You said car is already converted and running Australia map. If you want latest Australai map, just install it using new FSC Code. It should not need any FA Change for map.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 01:57 AM   #30
blackcat06
Rep

Quote:
You said car is already converted and running Australia map. If you want latest Australai map, just install it using new FSC Code. It should not need any FA Change for map.
Hi Shawn,

The reason why I want to change the FA is because in the future I would like to add 8TH to my car and I can’t add it if it is still coded in the Japan region as Japan does not have the 8TH option in their country.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #31
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Shawn,

The reason why I want to change the FA is because in the future I would like to add 8TH to my car and I can’t add it if it is still coded in the Japan region as Japan does not have the 8TH option in their country.

Thanks
Ok, change FA then.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 06:25 AM   #32
InsanateePrawn
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 330E M-Sport

Hi All,

Sorry to hijack, I have gone thru this thread and many others like it and have been trying (and failing) for the last several months to get the NZ Maps loaded in to my Japan Import 2016 330E.

Have done the FA Change / VO code which now shows the vehicle as an "Australian Version" in ISTA+ and ESys; whenever I put the USB in with the NZ Maps, nothing happens at all.

The Japanese maps still show up and work and all the places I've gotten quotes for want at least $600+ to convert the HU to ID6, which I'd rather not do as I've read lots of issues can occur with the HU only having 2GB of RAM not 4 like in the later ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Out of ISTA+:
I-Step is: F020-20-03-540
VO showing: 0810 and 0853 active
Base Version: ECE
Road-Map/Abo: Road Map JAPAN EVO 2019-2/5-2019
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 07:01 AM   #33
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanateePrawn View Post
Hi All,

Sorry to hijack, I have gone thru this thread and many others like it and have been trying (and failing) for the last several months to get the NZ Maps loaded in to my Japan Import 2016 330E.

Have done the FA Change / VO code which now shows the vehicle as an "Australian Version" in ISTA+ and ESys; whenever I put the USB in with the NZ Maps, nothing happens at all.

The Japanese maps still show up and work and all the places I've gotten quotes for want at least $600+ to convert the HU to ID6, which I'd rather not do as I've read lots of issues can occur with the HU only having 2GB of RAM not 4 like in the later ones.

Out of ISTA+:
You do not need ID6 to load NZ EVO Map, but you need special region change beyond FA change.

Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 04:47 AM   #34
scottjjr
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsanateePrawn View Post
Hi All,

Out of ISTA+:
Hmm have a similar challenge with a 2016 with NBT Evo. Be interested in what you've tried so far and how you got to that point.

I've tried a couple of ways now after fixing my VO coding issue.

- VO coded to original FA (japanese), then FSC pack bin file wouldn't run. Once VO changed to AUS the FSC pack runs, however unit now fades to black as per the region lock issue. Running the region unlock doesn't seem to fix it, only restoring the original japanese VO coding does.

- VO coded to AUS, then FSC pack runs, however issue as above still happens.

- VO back to japan, no more fade to black however still japanese maps (but these disappear after a minute or two) and no NZ maps firing up when plugged into USB.

Will try another full clean run tomorrow from the start, and if that gets no joy then maybe change the variant and country to ECE/Aus without the full VO code and see what happens then.

Have been working with the unlock/fsc code provider to resolve but things that are meant to be happening automatically at certain points aren't (e.g. the FSC bin pack or Maps firing up), and the timezone difference is making troubleshooting challenging (lots of sitting in the car in the dark!)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #35
m157y
Registered
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330e

Hello.

I have same issue as scottjjr, car imported from Japan and change of VO to ECE will runs with black screen. I've downgraded id4 to 18-03 (18-07 tried as well), but when it's on Japan USB patching doesn't work Is there anything what I've missed?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 02:37 AM   #36
Gary Catlin
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2016

I would like to share my experience of coding my Japan import 2016 BMW F30 330e (PHEV) for New Zealand. I got quotes from the dealer at around $800 to convert the radio and upgrade the navigation but I thought it would be a good learning exercise to try this myself. I am an electronic engineer and so Im fairly familiar with the tools and the techniques.
The first problem was to set myself up with the correct hardware and software for the systems that are installed on my vehicle. After downloading and installing incorrect software and some trial and error I discovered that I needed e-sys for my iDrive NBT EVO iID5 system. There are still lots of terms and acronyms that I dont understand but it seems that there are PSDz data files that are also useful and that different versions of e-sys are used for different coding solutions. Ive ended up with e-sys 3.27.1 which uses a launcher and 3.30.1 which doesnt use the launcher. Im not sure what data files each has currently as Ive gone through a few iterations of uploading, copying, deleting.
The first step I took was to code the radio for Australia which was really straightforward. My early quick success probably lulled me into a false sense of security because things went rapidly downhill from there.
I read on this forum about VO coding and changing SALAPA.element values which I happily did and it seemed to work. I had Australian options all over the place now for my coding and I started changing these from Japan to Australian. At some point I lost my way and ended up with a black display. Strangely enough the radio still worked with the NZ stations and I could manually scan for these.
Panic set in and I posted on the forum (not sure where to post but I just hoped I wouldnt offend anyone) and Shawn Sheridan was hugely helpful in identifying a region lock. Not sure what this is but it seems like there were conflicting settings that werent allowed so my system was effectively blocked. Thankfully there is a solution for this which worked brilliantly and unlocked my region and reset everything back to "Japan" but at least my screen was working.
I repeated the radio changes - success!
Through the forum I found a guy called Gerry who was able to supply me the region change and navigation updates which I installed. We had some small hiccups with the process and I had to do some small coding changes but finally the navigation system read in the updated maps!
Ive changed a few small settings from the cheat-sheets that are around on this forum and theyve worked. I also try to remember to manually copy the SVT files when they re read from the ECU (More acronyms) so hopefully I can reverse out of any unwanted changes.
My next project is to try and set the default startup mode of the car to max e-drive instead of auto e-drive.
I hope my story is useful to someone.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #37
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Catlin View Post
Panic set in and I posted on the forum (not sure where to post but I just hoped I wouldnt offend anyone) and Shawn Sheridan was hugely helpful in identifying a region lock. Not sure what this is but it seems like there were conflicting settings that werent allowed so my system was effectively blocked. Thankfully there is a solution for this which worked brilliantly and unlocked my region and reset everything back to "Japan" but at least my screen was working.
I repeated the radio changes - success!
Through the forum I found a guy called Gerry who was able to supply me the region change and navigation updates which I installed. We had some small hiccups with the process and I had to do some small coding changes but finally the navigation system read in the updated maps!

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 12:30 AM   #38
Trevor79
Registered
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2012 Bmw 335 Active Hybrid MSp

Hi there Gary Caitlin, I too am a new member and have a similar situation to your initial problem. Help as arrived for me though from Shawn Sheridan and Gerry. My 2012 335i Hybrid M Sport is also a Jap import. The dealer had the radio frequencies converted for me as part of the deal,but not the maps, but the BMW dealer here doesn’t want to know as the car is not NZ new.
Anyway, I have ordered an ENET cable and then hopefully download ESys.at which time I shall decide whether or not to try, I am computer literate but this would be my limit I think.
There is plenty of help,on this site so we shall see.
Cheers - Trevor79
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 12:46 PM   #39
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor79 View Post
Hi there Gary Caitlin, I too am a new member and have a similar situation to your initial problem. Help as arrived for me though from Shawn Sheridan and Gerry. My 2012 335i Hybrid M Sport is also a Jap import. The dealer had the radio frequencies converted for me as part of the deal,but not the maps, but the BMW dealer here doesn’t want to know as the car is not NZ new.
Anyway, I have ordered an ENET cable and then hopefully download ESys.at which time I shall decide whether or not to try, I am computer literate but this would be my limit I think.
Cheers - Trevor79

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #40
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

Quick question, do you need to use quadlock to oabr connector to change country region in hw 4.1 id6 retrofitted to pre LCI car?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:05 AM   #41
Charlesfeedomgundam
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

[QUOTE=Trevor79;28874776]Hi there Gary Caitlin, I too am a new member and have a similar situation to your initial problem. Help as arrived for me though from Shawn Sheridan and Gerry. My 2012 335i Hybrid M Sport is also a Jap import. The dealer had the radio frequencies converted for me as part of the deal,but not the maps, but the BMW dealer here doesn’t want to know as the car is not NZ new.
Cheers - Trevor79[/QUOTe
If you base on auckland you can goto auto garivty on dominion road.They are professionally changing car region
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:06 AM   #42
Charlesfeedomgundam
Enlisted Member
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidecal View Post
atzebmw

This worked perfectly!
Thank you very much for your help.
Hi man can you teach me the whole steps of changing region?I am willing to learn that.As a trade i can provide you the latest 2022 nbt nz/aus map
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 05:24 AM   #43
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesfeedomgundam View Post
Hi man can you teach me the whole steps of changing region?I am willing to learn that.As a trade i can provide you the latest 2022 nbt nz/aus map
The Latest is ROAD MAP AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND NEXT 2023.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 11:22 AM   #44
GNOV
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
The Latest is ROAD MAP AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND NEXT 2023.
Hi Shawn,

I don't know much about coding/programming. Would you be able to generally delineate the gross steps which I will have to go through when I will need (at some point) to convert 1. The Navigation system and maps, 2. The Telematics unit and 3. The Radio frequencies of my USA specs X1 to Europe/ECE specs?

Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0