F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > The Hate is real
proTUNING Freaks

12-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #23
richie_s
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i x drive M sport (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
In Jackson Heights you need to be more worried about being shot than your car getting keyed.
Being shot?? It's just Indian food there, dude. What Jackson Heights are you thinking of?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #24
2blu
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport

Never experienced a blatant act of vandalism on my car but I was hit and run 10 days ago.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #25
richie_s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2blu View Post
Never experienced a blatant act of vandalism on my car but I was hit and run 10 days ago.
Only "vandalism" I've experienced is a minor door ding. The paint wasn't even scuffed. It came right out. Probably a careless guy in a hurry at the parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #26
2blu
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s View Post
Only "vandalism" I've experienced is a minor door ding. The paint wasn't even scuffed. It came right out. Probably a careless guy in a hurry at the parking lot.
I avoid door dings at all cost by parking super far at all times ! We'd been having a ton of snow over a week here in Montreal, didn't notice the damage to my car until I washed it. My whole driver side was messed up, both doors and front/rear fenders.

Watched a weeks worth of security footage at my office but didn't find the culprit. Figured it must have happened elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #27
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Being shot?? It's just Indian food there, dude. What Jackson Heights are you thinking of?
Jackson Heights, Queens. Its not just Northern Blvd. Its a big area, and a large portion of it is not a good neighborhood. Its gotten better, but I still wouldn't go there at night, same way I wouldn't go to Corona or Cambria Heights at night.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #28
richie_s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Jackson Heights, Queens. Its not just Northern Blvd. Its a big area, and a large portion of it is not a good neighborhood. Its gotten better, but I still wouldn't go there at night, same way I wouldn't go to Corona or Cambria Heights at night.
Oh, I see.. I usually park on Rosvlt. and Broadway- very safe, residential & lots of restaurants. It's normal to see some upscale cars street parked there on a daily basis. Never had an issue with people hitting my bumpers or keying me.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #29
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

I live in Staten Island and I was going to start a post on a related subject so I'll spin off of this post:

Just this morning I was driving on Richmond Avenue which is the second largest main road through Staten Island. The same thing happened twice in the same trip, I saw a car driving ahead of me in the left lane at a moderate rate of speed and we both stopped at a red light. When the light changed the car obviously took off at a high rate of speed, when I sped up a little the car in the next lane had to speed past me. The car on my left did this 3 times. This happened another mile down the road with another car. Both times the cars where new and nondescript, they both where in my estimation 18K - 22K cost cars driven by someone under 20. In both cases I didn't start off from the red light aggressively, however both drivers seemed to have the need to show they could outrun me ! My car is a 2014XI coupe and does look sporty. I didn't get the car to outrun anyone or to show off, I just like the car. Is it my imagination or are there a bunch of jealous people out there.

If the jealous factor is real, then it might explain the keying situation.

Overall commentary on society is "sad, very sad". This not to categorize all people, however there are a good portion that fall into this category.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #30
richie_s
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsbabybeamer View Post
I live in Staten Island and I was going to start a post on a related subject so I'll spin off of this post:

Just this morning I was driving on Richmond Avenue which is the second largest main road through Staten Island. The same thing happened twice in the same trip, I saw a car driving ahead of me in the left lane at a moderate rate of speed and we both stopped at a red light. When the light changed the car obviously took off at a high rate of speed, when I sped up a little the car in the next lane had to speed past me. The car on my left did this 3 times. This happened another mile down the road with another car. Both times the cars where new and nondescript, they both where in my estimation 18K - 22K cost cars driven by someone under 20. In both cases I didn't start off from the red light aggressively, however both drivers seemed to have the need to show they could outrun me ! My car is a 2014XI coupe and does look sporty. I didn't get the car to outrun anyone or to show off, I just like the car. Is it my imagination or are there a bunch of jealous people out there.

If the jealous factor is real, then it might explain the keying situation.

Overall commentary on society is "sad, very sad". This not to categorize all people, however there are a good portion that fall into this category.
Just a bunch of unfortunate people that are butthurt over the fact that they didn't take school seriously or failed to make something out of their life. I've never been jealous of the possessions of others. I always want to look up to those with nicer things instead of hate on them. If I saw a brand new M6 roll by me, I would admire it instead of think of ways to vandalize it.
It's a shame that society has gotten so bad that people see someone with a $60,000 BMW as the bad guy.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 06:13 AM   #31
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

It seems to be the sense of "ENTITLEMENT" were I live, everyone thinks they are entitled to everything whether they worked for it or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #32
denwhat
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328xi

Quote:
A friend of mine was parked in the Upper West Side (a fairly upper middle class area) and got numerous key marks on his e90. Insurance covered a new paintjob though. If I were you, I would try getting it buffed out from a good detailer and if that fails, BMW will repaint the panels for god knows how much..

I'm pretty sure the only safe areas in Queens are Flushing and Jackson Heights. Lots of brand new Mercs, Audis, BMWs parked there because of the influx of flashy, wealthy immigrants. Lol. No hate, my parents are immigrants too!
I've been parking in Jackson Heights for months and so far I've had no problems.
Ehh I wouldn't trust Flushing that much. I had a 2010 TSX that some random person keyed the hell out of (both passenger doors) back in 2012 when I parked across from the large municipal lot at night. Its crazy cuz it was just a 30k car. I've heard/seen many people with entry level luxury cars get keyed or with key marks. My dad's friend had a flying spur, and that was keyed on every panel.

There are definitely nice cars in Flushing or Queens in general nowadays, but I still think in such a heavily populated area there are gonna be loser haters.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 04:44 PM   #33
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by denwhat View Post
Ehh I wouldn't trust Flushing that much. I had a 2010 TSX that some random person keyed the hell out of (both passenger doors) back in 2012 when I parked across from the large municipal lot at night. Its crazy cuz it was just a 30k car. I've heard/seen many people with entry level luxury cars get keyed or with key marks. My dad's friend had a flying spur, and that was keyed on every panel.

There are definitely nice cars in Flushing or Queens in general nowadays, but I still think in such a heavily populated area there are gonna be loser haters.
I live in Flushing/Fresh Meadows. You gotta watch where you park. Park in downtown Flushing (Chinatown) and you're gonna have issues. South Flushing is much better. So is East Flushing. Just stay away from the Main St/Kissena Blvd area.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:48 AM   #34
s0nu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 428i AW/CR

A bunch of you mentioned Jackson Heights..

Funny story - My car has only been vandalized once, and it was in front of the Astoria Bank in Jackson Heights approx 7-8 years ago. I parked and came back approx one hour later and found my car window shattered and my GPS stolen from the glove box.

Its not just Queens - vandalism happens everywhere. My good friend lives in Sayville (Nice neighborhood in Long Island, quiet, calm, low crime) and he woke up to his car on cynderblocks in his driveway because someone took is wheels overnight.

Nothing you can do but move on.
[Jet Black 2009 328xi E90]
[BSM 2004 330CI E46 6MT ZHP]
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 10:26 AM   #35
denwhat
Rep
Drives: '15 F30 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nu View Post
A bunch of you mentioned Jackson Heights..

Funny story - My car has only been vandalized once, and it was in front of the Astoria Bank in Jackson Heights approx 7-8 years ago. I parked and came back approx one hour later and found my car window shattered and my GPS stolen from the glove box.

Its not just Queens - vandalism happens everywhere. My good friend lives in Sayville (Nice neighborhood in Long Island, quiet, calm, low crime) and he woke up to his car on cynderblocks in his driveway because someone took is wheels overnight.

Nothing you can do but move on.
Yeaa I can understand people stealing rims or breaking into your car to steal stuff, but this is different. I don't see how anyone gets any tangible benefit from keying or just vandalizing someone else's car. Its just so stupid and mindless.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 05:31 AM   #36
JoshVass
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i XD Alpine white

I street park my car because I live in an apt, and garages in my area are ridiculously expensive, my car being vandalized is one of my fears.
Appreciate 0