F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 320i heater probs.
Extreme Powerhouse

09-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
redherring
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i x-drive

320i heater probs.

Hi, I have 2017 320i x-drive with 10'000 miles. Having very strange issues with the heater & wondered if anyone had experienced similar problems. Obviously it's under warranty so it'll be winging it's way into dealer, but it's a difficult one to explain to reception! Recently been driving it a lot during holiday in Exmoor, and it seems to have a mind of it's own! Simply, with temp set to min (16) on both sides, auto & a/c switched off, it will suddenly decide to activate the a/c. The a/c light doesn't illuminate, but I can assure you the air starts to come out fully chilled, and then the windows begin to steam up. When this happens, until you raise temps to 22 or higher the system remains on freezing. Also, the fan will sometimes put itself onto a higher speed for no apparent reason. I have tried various options, but nothing seems to make any difference. The nearest equivalent symptom I can think of is when you leave the recirc air on all the time, as the car seems to always be steaming up. Glad of any thoughts.
Appreciate 0