F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Share your BimmerTech PP82DSP Amp Tune Files **Updated 01/15/18
Studio RSR

02-13-2019, 01:30 AM   #309
LongRuf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc342 View Post
Worked Perfect in Hifi F34 Setup. Thank you for the share. I added an Alpine self powered sub in the back. I could not be happier. Going to upgraded Tweets later tho

Thanks for trying! Glad you like it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #310
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
The function you ask for is in Match UP 7BMW. Unfortunately it's only for channel F and G (underseat subwoofer). If you have additional subwoofer in the trunk using channel H (line out), it doesn't apply. Need to send an email to support to ask them to add in the option for channel H too. For those who are using Hifi option (676 or 676A), I strongly recommend you get the amp. You will be surprise how good the stock speaker is. Even the underseat woofer is better than I expected but for deep rumble, you still need extra subwoofer in your trunk. I install one in X3 G01.
Hi. Can you help me load the standard limousine tune on to the Matchup 7 amp? When I download the file the laptop keeps asking me what app do I want to use to open it and none of them work. The file is something weird like afpx. Am I doing something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 04:19 AM   #311
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
Hi. Can you help me load the standard limousine tune on to the Matchup 7 amp? When I download the file the laptop keeps asking me what app do I want to use to open it and none of them work. The file is something weird like afpx. Am I doing something wrong?
You need to download the Fischer dsp-tool software

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/d...ool-version-4/
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 06:07 AM   #312
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
As title states, please share your tune files. Will post mine when BSW Subs come in.

Original Post/Thread concerning this Amp can be found HERE

I will be consolidating tune files on first two post. Please remove .pdf extension when downloaded

BimmerTech's PP82DSP Amp Tune Files v2.93 .afp

Courtesy of:

BimmerTech

Serpent720

Marshalltj

kitw

Ouzzo

AditOakes

LUV335 added 10/30 - Details can be found on Post #3

fhlh added 12/08 - Details can be found on Post #16

Could anyone recommend a tune that would sound good in a right hand drive G30 with the Match UP7 BMW amp, Eton Speakers (4 Ohms) and MB Quart under-seat subs (2 Ohms)? Something punchy and clear.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #313
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Will the sound tunes listed on this thread work with the Match Up7 BMW amp?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #314
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Quote:
Will the sound tunes listed on this thread work with the Match Up7 BMW amp?
I believe so, but you might want to check w/Audiotech-Fischer. These files loaded on this site have a '.PDF' file extension as this site won't allow user to upload the actual tune file with it's 'correct' extension, which was APF. Going back in time a ways.

The most current Audiotech-Fisher tune files have APFX file extensions...I guess they have made some enhancments over time, my guess is they have retained forward/backward compatability. I.E. APF file will work in the latest amps that are typically using the newer APFX file extensions.

I suppose the other consideration with these older tune files may be that they we created in older model amplifiers that may have had less number of channels compared to the Up7 product, hmm...

Hope this helps / Bill
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 03:09 AM   #315
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
I believe so, but you might want to check w/Audiotech-Fischer. These files loaded on this site have a '.PDF' file extension as this site won't allow user to upload the actual tune file with it's 'correct' extension, which was APF. Going back in time a ways.

The most current Audiotech-Fisher tune files have APFX file extensions...I guess they have made some enhancments over time, my guess is they have retained forward/backward compatability. I.E. APF file will work in the latest amps that are typically using the newer APFX file extensions.

I suppose the other consideration with these older tune files may be that they we created in older model amplifiers that may have had less number of channels compared to the Up7 product, hmm...

Hope this helps / Bill
It is a big help - thank you. In order to remove the PDF extension is it simply a matter of right-clicking on rename and deleting the PDF bit?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 08:31 AM   #316
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps / Bill
It is a big help - thank you. In order to remove the PDF extension is it simply a matter of right-clicking on rename and deleting the PDF bit?
Yes, I think you simply download the file and rename with APF, or try APFX extension. Believe that is explained somewhere in the original posting.
Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2019, 01:23 PM   #317
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Amp Gain

It says in the Match Up7 BMW manual that the gain setting on the amp should be fully down (counter clockwise). Where do people find is the sweet spot for the gain knob?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 05:00 PM   #318
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

I have managed to load the standard BMW 'limousine' tune on to the amp (MatchUp7) but I have no idea how to upload tunes done by other people - the software just doesn't seem to 'see' them on my desktop Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong as I'd love to try some of the tunes listed here - foveon's for example.
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #319
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Other tune files: do the files have the proper file extension? APFX as I recall.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 05:14 PM   #320
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Other tune files: do the files have the proper file extension? APFX as I recall.
Yes I think so. I've been trying to load foveon's. What do you mean by 'other tune files?' Where would I find that in the DSP software?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #321
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I think so. I've been trying to load foveon's. What do you mean by 'other tune files?' Where would I find that in the DSP software?
By other I meant the ones you're working with tam hat were posted on this link

The software can be downloaded from AudioTech Fischer's website.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #322
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
By other I meant the ones you're working with tam hat were posted on this link

The software can be downloaded from AudioTech Fischer's website.
I have downloaded the software. The problem is I’ve no idea how to upload the tunes on this link to it!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:22 PM   #323
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have downloaded the software. The problem is I’ve no idea how to upload the tunes on this link to it!
Download the Foven file (for example) by clicking the link on post #123 (or the 1st post) of this thread. That file will should show on your PC with file name: [foven]F36 HiFi RTA.afpx.pdf. Rename the file, i.e. delete the ".pdf" extension so that the extension is filename.afpx. Now you have a file with format such that the software should detect it as a valid tune file for the amplifier.

Connect the computer to the amplifier via USB cable. Believe you need to have car's ignition 'on' also. Load the Audiotech-Fisher software and go from there. It's been months since I've done a tune on my car's system so I forget the exact steps in the software to get to accessing and loading a new file...but I think you can figure it out.

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 07:39 PM   #324
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Download the Foven file (for example) by clicking the link on post #123 (or the 1st post) of this thread. That file will should show on your PC with file name: [foven]F36 HiFi RTA.afpx.pdf. Rename the file, i.e. delete the ".pdf" extension so that the extension is filename.afpx. Now you have a file with format such that the software should detect it as a valid tune file for the amplifier.

Connect the computer to the amplifier via USB cable. Believe you need to have car's ignition 'on' also. Load the Audiotech-Fisher software and go from there. It's been months since I've done a tune on my car's system so I forget the exact steps in the software to get to accessing and loading a new file...but I think you can figure it out.

Good luck/Bill
Thank you for trying to help - it's much appreciated. When I download the file to my desktop the pdf bit at the end seems to vanish even though it still shows it as a pdf file. I think I'm going to have to give up!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #325
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Hey man, you ever figure it out?
I bought a pp82dsp and downloaded the software and now, well, I dont know what to do. I found some "tunes" for the dsp on the forum and downloaded them. But, now what?
I read you turn on the car, plug in the amp to the computer via USB, then run the software.
thats as far as I got, dont know how to then upload the tunes I found on this site.
Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 08:02 PM   #326
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM235iEstorilBlue View Post
Hey man, you ever figure it out?
I bought a pp82dsp and downloaded the software and now, well, I dont know what to do. I found some "tunes" for the dsp on the forum and downloaded them. But, now what?
I read you turn on the car, plug in the amp to the computer via USB, then run the software.
thats as far as I got, dont know how to then upload the tunes I found on this site.
Any suggestions?
Can you see the main menu of the Audiotech-Fischer software on your PC/laptop screen? (see attached pic).

You need to have the laptop connected to the amp with USB cable. And, you need the 'tune' files from this site saved on your laptop with an ".apfx" file extension. So you need to download as you've done and rename the pdf file with correct extension.

If the laptop/software are 'connected' to the amp and talking you should be able to click the 'load' button on the menu and then navigate to where you've stored the tune files on the laptop and select the one you want to load to the amp.

Hope this helps.
Good luck/Bill
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 11:46 PM   #327
W211F30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30- 335i M

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there's anybody running the same set up as mine, BimmerTech PP82, Bavsound Stage 1, and SWS woofers-- all DIY.

I used to have a HiFi system, and with the newer system it's waayyy a lot better than before but could use some fine tuning. The SWS has phenomenal low bass but struggles on mid-bass.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #328
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by W211F30 View Post
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there's anybody running the same set up as mine, BimmerTech PP82, Bavsound Stage 1, and SWS woofers-- all DIY.

I used to have a HiFi system, and with the newer system it's waayyy a lot better than before but could use some fine tuning. The SWS has phenomenal low bass but struggles on mid-bass.

Thanks,
Whats SWS woofers?? Very curious. The Bavsound Ghosts I bought truly kinda suck.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #329
W211F30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30- 335i M

sws

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiM235iEstorilBlue View Post
Whats SWS woofers?? Very curious. The Bavsound Ghosts I bought truly kinda suck.
It's made by Earthquake, I have a SWS-8Xi 8-inch. I bought it from Amazon for $249 pair.

I was debating between a Ghost and an Alpha One. Both are on the high-side as far as pricing. Then, I came across a thread on this forum by Technic on SWS. The mid-bass is weak but it does the job on the low base. I am pleased with the results but I still have to fine tune with the Audiotech-Fischer.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 07:07 AM   #330
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep

BMW upgrade audio equipment for sale

I drove a Kia Stinger GT for the first time last week and was blown away by it. As a result I've just done a deal on a new one and am trading my G30.

Therefore I have a full sound system for sale consisting of the following (all parts are only a few weeks old and boxed, prices exclude postage):

1. MatchUp 7 amplifier - €600
2. Pair of MB Quart QM 200 WX subs - €200 (perfect under-seat fit with incredible power)
3. Pair of Eton B100W component speakers for front doors (mids and silk-dome tweeters) - €200
4.Pair of Eton B100 XN coax speakers for rear shelf €150.
5. Single Eton B100 CXN coax speaker for centre-dash €75.

When all installed together the sound was unbelievable. The MatchUp 7 is fully programmable via laptop. I will sell all parts for €1100 plus postage.
Appreciate 0