F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > F80 m3 CP to F97 X3m CP
ARMA SPEED

06-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #45
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

IIRC correctly I got £23k off the 82k list of my X3MC, I spec'd a new one last night but it's now 86k for the same spec as before if 22% is the best then that's around 67k vs the 59k they were back then as a balance at invoice.
      06-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #46
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
IIRC correctly I got £23k off the 82k list of my X3MC, I spec'd a new one last night but it's now 86k for the same spec as before if 22% is the best then that's around 67k vs the 59k they were back then as a balance at invoice.
Those number are roughly around correct, the deal I had was for a car at just over £83k, coming in after discount at I believe just over £65 ish

It's a little more complicated on the lci as they increased the base price but added some spec, so I'm assuming to be a representative lift in the GFV.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00
      06-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #47
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Exactly the figure I came too as well. Was tempted to see cost to change given as of today the car is not in negative equity. Not quite sure it's worth me finding circa 8-10k down the back of the sofa to fund a new one over and above the 595 I'm paying now.
Will keep an eye and follow Stefan's updates with interest!
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00
      06-11-2021, 05:20 PM   #48
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Exactly the figure I came too as well. Was tempted to see cost to change given as of today the car is not in negative equity. Not quite sure it's worth me finding circa 8-10k down the back of the sofa to fund a new one over and above the 595 I'm paying now.
Will keep an eye and follow Stefan's updates with interest!
If you think about it, it makes sense used cars worth more new cars worth more, the cost to change stays the same.
      06-11-2021, 05:49 PM   #49
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:
More torque apparently, and more range in the adaptive suspension, forged wheels saving 2kg per wheel. They increased the standard spec so comfort pack (- keyless) is now included, carbon mirrors, and obviously you now get ID OS7.

It's all minor in reality,
The first two bits are anything but minor to me!

Agree with this, a bit more suppleness to the ride combined with a broader spread of torque would make it far more acceptable/useable as a daily IMO.

Impressed that the dealer is offering to honour your deal on the new model, on the X3M forums they are certain that support will dry up. Of course, that could be those that have just taken delivery of a MY2021 car trying to convince themselves…
The deals are already drying up, I did well to bag this deal but really surprised they will apply to the lci.

I think the next quarter Apr rates will jump as they look to increase margin and much less about moving metal. Having said that I could be very wrong :
That's interesting, have they agreed to honour the discount / contribution or will they actually tweak that to compensate for any potential APR rise? For arguments sake, if you're currently paying £699pm will you still be paying £699pm assuming like for like spec on the LCI? If so, that's a cracking deal you've managed to bag
      06-12-2021, 02:14 AM   #50
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
More torque apparently, and more range in the adaptive suspension, forged wheels saving 2kg per wheel. They increased the standard spec so comfort pack (- keyless) is now included, carbon mirrors, and obviously you now get ID OS7.

Agree with this, a bit more suppleness to the ride combined with a broader spread of torque would make it far more acceptable/useable as a daily IMO.

Impressed that the dealer is offering to honour your deal on the new model, on the X3M forums they are certain that support will dry up. Of course, that could be those that have just taken delivery of a MY2021 car trying to convince themselves…
The deals are already drying up, I did well to bag this deal but really surprised they will apply to the lci.

I think the next quarter Apr rates will jump as they look to increase margin and much less about moving metal. Having said that I could be very wrong :
That's interesting, have they agreed to honour the discount / contribution or will they actually tweak that to compensate for any potential APR rise? For arguments sake, if you're currently paying £699pm will you still be paying £699pm assuming like for like spec on the LCI? If so, that's a cracking deal you've managed to bag
They have said 'they can do the same deal' I'm awaiting a revised quote as I played with the spec a little. I'm not sure if the discount is a fixed contribution, %based or what the GFV of the lci sill be as the price has risen along with the lift in base spec.

Regarding APR, I believe the APR will be fixed at what ever the agreed rate is at order, e.g 2.9%.

I'll update once I get the revised quote.

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 02:56 AM   #51
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They have said 'they can do the same deal' I'm awaiting a revised quote as I played with the spec a little. I'm not sure if the discount is a fixed contribution, %based or what the GFV of the lci sill be as the price has risen along with the lift in base spec.

Regarding APR, I believe the APR will be fixed at what ever the agreed rate is at order, e.g 2.9%.

Ah yeah of course, it'll still be a Q2 order if you do it now. I wasn't thinking properly! I had a wee look on the config myself and saw things like the carbon trim are now standard, probably only the pan roof and lasers I'd chuck on. The new wheel option also looks excellent, I think you've made the right choice waiting for the LCI.
      06-12-2021, 05:00 AM   #52
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Looking at the pre LCI spec I think these are the added bits of kit that were around £2290 to option before.

BMW Gesture Control
Comfort Pack - heated steering wheel/comfort access/seat backrest adjust rear/extended storage
Heated seats - rear
Sun protection glass
Trim inlays - carbon fibre
      06-12-2021, 06:00 AM   #53
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looking at the pre LCI spec I think these are the added bits of kit that were around £2290 to option before.

BMW Gesture Control
Comfort Pack - heated steering wheel/comfort access/seat backrest adjust rear/extended storage
Heated seats - rear
Sun protection glass
Trim inlays - carbon fibre
Yup, carbon mirror caps too at around £600 I think.

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:09 AM   #54
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah yeah of course, it'll still be a Q2 order if you do it now. I wasn't thinking properly! I had a wee look on the config myself and saw things like the carbon trim are now standard, probably only the pan roof and lasers I'd chuck on. The new wheel option also looks excellent, I think you've made the right choice waiting for the LCI.
Yeah I've added those, plus parking assistant plus which also gives you drive recorder which I think is an integrated dash cam, and the interior as before.

Appreciate 0
      06-12-2021, 06:37 AM   #55
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Wait for the LCI! Even if were to cost a bit more like-for-like (or close to, given the spec bump), it's worth hanging on for and getting a rental like someone else here did (320d I recall?).
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #56
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Update, so price confirmed with build slot. So it's the exact same monthlies, however payments have gone up slighty just because I've added the laser lights. Or I could just add the extra as deposit.

So spec for spec the lci is a better package because you effectively get the now standard kit for free (well, it's reflected in the GFV )

Appreciate 2
Wills28656.00
KCH1984951.50
      06-14-2021, 11:09 AM   #57
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Update, so price confirmed with build slot. So it's the exact same monthlies, however payments have gone up slighty just because I've added the laser lights. Or I could just add the extra as deposit.

So spec for spec the lci is a better package because you effectively get the now standard kit for free (well, it's reflected in the GFV )
That's great - especially considering I saw a post from TRL suggesting the GFV had dropped on the LCI, albeit that was an M40i and not the M.

Just out of interest, when is your build slot and estimated delivery now?
      06-14-2021, 11:33 AM   #58
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
That's great - especially considering I saw a post from TRL suggesting the GFV had dropped on the LCI, albeit that was an M40i and not the M.

I'd be interested to know what the residuals are for both X3M and M40i, its OK giving fab discounts if the residuals are rubbish and take away the benefit.....
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 11:36 AM   #59
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I believe it's a September build slot with a November delivery.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 11:38 AM   #60
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I'd be interested to know what the residuals are for both X3M and M40i, its OK giving fab discounts if the residuals are rubbish and take away the benefit.....
Pre-LCI the M40i was about £25k I think, with the X3M around £35k.

TRL didn't give numbers but suggested like for like on spec the LCI M40i was about £50pm more expensive, which suggests a drop in GFV of around £2k.
      06-14-2021, 01:31 PM   #61
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:

TRL didn't give numbers but suggested like for like on spec the LCI M40i was about £50pm more expensive, which suggests a drop in GFV of around £2k.
Ta. My SQ5 was about £26.5k in 2017..... and my current Audi is about £35k so not dissimilar to an X3M (finance in true Audi style is a tad more expensive though)....
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 07:30 AM   #62
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Was pinging Tony and asked re this - he has a slot for October. Same deal. Gfv is 37k.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 08:28 AM   #63
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Was pinging Tony and asked re this - he has a slot for October. Same deal. Gfv is 37k.
Yeah so it's gone up around £2k, add in the extras that are now standard and assuming the deal is based around a % figure then it all comes back down to the same sort of numbers. I should be getting my written quote through any time to confirm

Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      06-15-2021, 10:38 AM   #64
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah so it's gone up around £2k, add in the extras that are now standard and assuming the deal is based around a % figure then it all comes back down to the same sort of numbers. I should be getting my written quote through any time to confirm
Indeed mate. Serious metal for reasonable money is the way I see it. The new m3 deals make my eyes water.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 01:04 PM   #65
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

Quote:

For LCI M40i, GFV is £22,747.60 as of today.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #66
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
Quote:

For LCI M40i, GFV is £22,747.60 as of today.
So what Tony was saying sounds about right then. It's a bit bizarre as the M40i has more standard kit included now as well (along with the M style mirrors if the configurator is right).