F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Avon tuning remap and 'box flash.
proTUNING Freaks

07-21-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
flashollie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 2017 335d black

Avon tuning remap and 'box flash.

I'm off to Avon tuning tomorrow to have my 335d remapped and gearbox flashed.
I'm quite excited.
I'll report back tomorrow night
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13343.50
      07-21-2019, 01:44 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Excellent job on Darth Helmut BMW. Based on his experience and Race Chip XLR. I head over there and was not disappointed at all. Great bunch of guys. Knowledgeable. Worth the drive there but even more so on the way back. No problems experienced.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
flashollie
Lieutenant
Rep

So a very slick professional outfit Clean tidy workshop. Nice reception area.
Booked me in for my foc courtesy car and in 10 minutes I was off to work in a really nice Polo GTI. Very nice car for the missus I'm thinking.
Anyway collected car at 4.30. They had called me to change the air filter. It was black despite being serviced by main dealer 2000 miles ago.

So figures are stock 311. 8 bhp and 624.7nm.
Stage one remap gives 364.6 bhp and 697.9 nm.
Bang on what I wanted, increased but with recognised safe limits for longer component life. Curve is very smooth. I'll do a picture on here later.
I'm still in the 50 mile "learning" phase for the gearbox so I cant say how it drives yet. But I know what gear I'm in in comfort mode

Updates in a couple if days but so far very reassuring professional company with very good customer service. Streets ahead of where I have been before.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 01:20 PM   #4
scoss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW - F31 - 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashollie View Post
Booked me in for my foc courtesy car and in 10 minutes I was off to work in a really nice Polo GTI. Very nice car for the missus I'm thinking.
Anyway collected car at 4.30. They had called me to change the air filter. It was black despite being serviced by main dealer 2000 miles ago.

Bang on what I wanted, increased but with recognised safe limits for longer component life. Curve is very smooth. I'll do a picture on here later.
I'm still in the 50 mile "learning" phase for the gearbox so I cant say how it drives yet. But I know what gear I'm in in comfort mode

Updates in a couple if days but so far very reassuring professional company with very good customer service. Streets ahead of where I have been before.
I’ve got my 335d booked in next week for exactly the same thing. How has it been with the stage 1 and XHP flash?

How does the car drive in whilst in the initial 50 mile stage? Do you have to drive the car normally?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #5
flashollie
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoss View Post
Quote:

I’ve got my 335d booked in next week for exactly the same thing. How has it been with the stage 1 and XHP flash?

How does the car drive in whilst in the initial 50 mile stage? Do you have to drive the car normally?
It's great.
You can easily notice the increase in torque and power. it's much smoother across the range. much less lag too it's picks up quicker but without being too harsh.
the gear box is great. quicker shifting at the times when the engine under the remap feels like it should change to give continual power delivery.
I'm very chuffed
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 04:38 PM   #6
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoss View Post
Just plant your foot down straight away so the car learns the right way as it adapts after the ecu flash
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:29 AM   #7
scoss
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It's great.
You can easily notice the increase in torque and power. it's much smoother across the range. much less lag too it's picks up quicker but without being too harsh.
the gear box is great. quicker shifting at the times when the engine under the remap feels like it should change to give continual power delivery.
I'm very chuffed
Thanks mate! So good to hear! Really looking forward to getting it done now. Will only cost me an extra £40 on the insurance.

I assume you went for the stage 2 on XHP? AT said everyone opts for that.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:31 AM   #8
scoss
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
Just plant your foot down straight away so the car learns the right way as it adapts after the ecu flash
There are some nice country road near by so I might have to do this

Driving to Devon on the friday so be interested to see how it feels when on the motorway too.
Appreciate 0