F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Connected App - Launched in Canada
Extreme Powerhouse

04-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #89
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMooseMan View Post
Last night I tried again and, this time, was able to log in. It seems like a huge outage happened and I'm hearing/reading people complaining that 3D remote view is broken now... well, for those who have access to the feature (iOS app, Android in the US). I wonder what the heck is going on on the backend.
Remote 3D is working in Canada today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #90
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post
Quote:
Last night I tried again and, this time, was able to log in. It seems like a huge outage happened and I'm hearing/reading people complaining that 3D remote view is broken now... well, for those who have access to the feature (iOS app, Android in the US). I wonder what the heck is going on on the backend.
Remote 3D is working in Canada today.
On iOS, right? The Android app available in Canada does not support 3D remote view.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 01:36 PM   #91
sliu070
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 2019 G07

Quote:
I can understand your frustration. But, the iOS connected app is pretty lame as well. I don't think you are missing much. BMW is a car company (and they do that well), they just have no clue how to build proper software
I definitely get it. I have read many comments about the iOS app too and although it has bugs, it seems to work better than the Android app (here in Canada). Most importantly, it has way more useful and important features that the archaic Android app - again, in Canada - does not have like checking the status of doors, hood and trunk plus the remote 3D view works on iOS and is not available on the Android app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I understand BMW is a car company and yes, they excell on it! But it's not an excuse to have such an awful mobile app as they do advertise the mobile app and its features. I don't regret buying a BMW and even if they didn't offer a mobile app I would buy it, but as they promote the app and the features you get... well, deliver them.[/QUOTE
It's not only having access to the basic features, but the connected app also allows other apps on your phone to integrate with iDrive. This is what I miss the most after I sold my iPhone for an Android in Canada. Despite not having Android Auto, I should be able to at least pause my music or podcast or audio book if I wanted to without playing around with my phone which is dangerous.

/Rant over, I guess I'll want until July. It isn't that far off now.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #92
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
canadian33 Any hints as to whether the new release will actually work from Android with Send to Car? Its pretty annoying that there is a "share" option from Google Maps that will supposedly send the address selected to the BMW Connect app where it can be sent to the car but it hasn't worked in months. To be clear, you can search AGAIN in the app and find the address (assuming you know it) then send to car fine, but the share from Google Maps has been broken and reported multiple times but still not fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 01:01 PM   #93
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

[QUOTE=McQueen2014;24719893]canadian33 Any hints as to whether the new release will actually work from Android with Send to Car? Its pretty annoying that there is a "share" option from Google Maps that will supposedly send the address selected to the BMW Connect app where it can be sent to the car but it hasn't worked in months. To be clear, you can search AGAIN in the app and find the address (assuming you know it) then send to car fine, but the share from Google Maps has been broken and reported multiple times but still not fixed.[/QU

Based on what I know, the fix is not on BMW's side.

But as you pointed out, you will be able to send a location from the Connected App to the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 09:13 AM   #94
cinergi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive Modern Line

My car disappeared from my Connected Drive account a few weeks ago and I've been unable to re-add it. Everything was working fine before, but now I've lost all my Connected Drive services as a result.

From the bmw-connecteddrive.ca website I get the attached error message and in the BMW Connected iOS app it just stays on the "confirming your car" screen indefinitely (also attached). I've tried countless times. BMW official "tech support" has been totally useless... Very frustrating for a paid service.

-cinergi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 12:52 AM   #95
McQueen2014
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
[QUOTE=canadian33;24729208]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen2014 View Post
canadian33 Any hints as to whether the new release will actually work from Android with Send to Car? Its pretty annoying that there is a "share" option from Google Maps that will supposedly send the address selected to the BMW Connect app where it can be sent to the car but it hasn't worked in months. To be clear, you can search AGAIN in the app and find the address (assuming you know it) then send to car fine, but the share from Google Maps has been broken and reported multiple times but still not fixed.[/QU

Based on what I know, the fix is not on BMW's side.

But as you pointed out, you will be able to send a location from the Connected App to the vehicle.
I find your response a little odd, the issue is that the data forwarded to the BMW application is not understood or even recognized as location data being "shared" with the app. The BMW app launches when the "share" option is used.

I could be wrong but that sure seems like an issue with the app. When your team tests this feature in your debugging does it somehow work on Android? Does the app even get debugged on Android? Why does the app even present the option to the OS to have the location shared when it doesn't work? Either the issue is with the API that BMW presents to Google maps or the App itself is not designed properly to handle the data once the API presents the data to the program.

I think we've had this conversation before but the end result was "just wait the new app will be out soon"... The issue at this point is this has been an ongoing and KNOWN issue for months, yet BMW Canada seems to be uninterested or incapable of resolving the issue while increasing the price of service renewals. I am sure you can understand the frustration we, the consumers of the service, feel when this is a service we are paying for yet BMW cannot even provide a functional service.

Now before someone chimes in and states "works fine on iPhone", yes I know that but since there is an Android App I do not think it is unreasonable to expect that the app, and all functions it offers, work. If the option was missing I wouldn't be complaining, I might ask for the feature to be added, but I wouldn't be complaining.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #96
cinergi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive Modern Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
My car disappeared from my Connected Drive account a few weeks ago and I've been unable to re-add it. Everything was working fine before, but now I've lost all my Connected Drive services as a result.

From the bmw-connecteddrive.ca website I get the attached error message and in the BMW Connected iOS app it just stays on the "confirming your car" screen indefinitely (also attached). I've tried countless times. BMW official "tech support" has been totally useless... Very frustrating for a paid service.

-cinergi
Well, after weeks of trying, today I was finally able to add my car back into my Connected Drive account. All my services started working again at that point. I still don't know what the issue was but I'm just glad it's working again.

-cinergi
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 10:21 PM   #97
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Am I missing something or you cannot purchase RTTI subscription online anymore?
      05-25-2019, 10:25 AM   #98
Scott Andrew
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i MPPSK

I'm new to this whole BMW Connected thing and there is hundreds of posts all over about it but when I try to register my car at www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca it says:

"The vehicle cannot be added to your account.
Your entry is invalid."

Is that because I have a 2013 335i and its too old to work on this system in Canada?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 04:05 PM   #99
Dreizo
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i xDrive MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Andrew View Post
I'm new to this whole BMW Connected thing and there is hundreds of posts all over about it but when I try to register my car at www.bmw-connecteddrive.ca it says:

"The vehicle cannot be added to your account.
Your entry is invalid."

Is that because I have a 2013 335i and its too old to work on this system in Canada?
Hey Scott,

If you aren't the registered owner you need to send an email to Cd_accounts@bmwna.ca as per the instructions in the support page. I went through this recently, make sure you email the CA and not COM address. They asked me for proof of ownership and insurance then proceeded to set my account up for me.

I just bought my 435i 2016 so I wasn't the registered owner causing the same issues on registration. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2019, 12:02 PM   #100
TSXforme
Stock watcher
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreizo View Post
Hey Scott,

If you aren't the registered owner you need to send an email to Cd_accounts@bmwna.ca as per the instructions in the support page. I went through this recently, make sure you email the CA and not COM address. They asked me for proof of ownership and insurance then proceeded to set my account up for me.

I just bought my 435i 2016 so I wasn't the registered owner causing the same issues on registration. Hope this helps.
I faced the same issue as I am the 2nd owner of my car. In addition to Dreizo's post, it took them about 5 business days for them to correct the issue. I am not sure how long this typically takes.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 01:42 PM   #101
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
You need to purchase ConnectedDrive Service and ARTTI in combination.

If you don't have ConnectedDrive Services the vehicle is not eligible for ARTTI.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #102
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 328xi

canadian33, i'm very confused. When I ordered the car 3 years ago, i purchased connected drive service as part of my package ($650 option, which is present on my VIN). I have been using it for 3 years, now when i try to renew, i'm not able to just select ARTTI, it says my car isn't eligible for it, when i used to be.

My Professional service is expiring June 21rd 2019 (Was active for 3 years), and Essentials is valid till 2026.

Portal only allows me to select "BMW CONNECTEDDRIVE SERVICES PROFESSIONAL", which is $300 per year (Which is significantly increased from $200/year to $300/year. It used to be $200/year or $450/3 year) Now the TCO for 3 years with ConnectedDrive Professional is $900, again which used to be $450/3 Years.

Anyways, i'm not interested in the Pro Service. What I'm looking for is ARTTI package @ $75.

When you say "You need to purchase ConnectedDrive Service and ARTTI in combination" what does that mean for me and others here with the same scenario

I kind of get a feeling that we are being taken advantage of.

Edit: Not able to select Base ConnectedDrive Service. Same message, not available for your car. Added the new picture

Vithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
You need to purchase ConnectedDrive Service and ARTTI in combination.

If you don't have ConnectedDrive Services the vehicle is not eligible for ARTTI.
Attached Images

Last edited by vithy; 06-13-2019 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #103
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I have the same issue. I'm not able to select ARTTI anymore, a few months ago it was available.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #104
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vithy View Post
canadian33, i'm very confused. When I ordered the car 3 years ago, i purchased connected drive service as part of my package ($650 option, which is present on my VIN). I have been using it for 3 years, now when i try to renew, i'm not able to just select ARTTI, it says my car isn't eligible for it, when i used to be.

My Professional service is expiring June 21rd 2019 (Was active for 3 years), and Essentials is valid till 2026.

Portal only allows me to select "BMW CONNECTEDDRIVE SERVICES PROFESSIONAL", which is $300 per year (Which is significantly increased from $200/year to $300/year. It used to be $200/year or $450/3 year) Now the TCO for 3 years with ConnectedDrive Professional is $900, again which used to be $450/3 Years.

Anyways, i'm not interested in the Pro Service. What I'm looking for is ARTTI package @ $75.

When you say "You need to purchase ConnectedDrive Service and ARTTI in combination" what does that mean for me and others here with the same scenario

Edit: Not able to select Base ConnectedDrive Service. Same message, not available for your car. Added the new picture

Vithy
Same here, not interested in any other services except ARTTI. I even don't know what the other services mean or do. I've used BMW Assist 2 times in 3 years and both times it was pathetic and useless experience.
      06-17-2019, 08:13 AM   #105
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Same here, not interested in any other services except ARTTI. I even don't know what the other services mean or do. I've used BMW Assist 2 times in 3 years and both times it was pathetic and useless experience.
ARTTI has to be purchased with ConnectedDrive Services.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #106
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the post and including screen shots.

send me the last 7 of your VIN.

I need to verify the store logic regarding ARTTI and CD Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithy View Post

Vithy
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:31 AM   #107
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
ARTTI has to be purchased with ConnectedDrive Services.
Sound like it's my last BMW. Sad to end the streak at 6.
      06-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #108
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Agreed TheUltimateDrivingManiac

US Prices:

ARTTI - $50 US/year ($75 Canadian)
CDS - $50 US/year ($125 Canadian)

Quote:
Sound like it's my last BMW. Sad to end the streak at 6.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #109
NavS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

Garage List
2018 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Don't really see the value of paying 300/year. Just not there at all. Haven't seen a single new feature, only seen them remove the unlock feature.

You almost think they've realized carplay and android auto are going to make their offerings useless so they've made carplay a yearly subscription too. Who knows when they'll support android auto but that will probably also be a subscription and require a brand new car.
Appreciate 1
munna129.00
      07-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #110
TheMooseMan
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 30i

canadian33 what about the "new" BMW connected app for Android in Canada? I recall reading you saying, on this thread or some other one, that by June or July a new version of the BMW connected app for Android would be released in Canada with the same features as the app available in the US. So, it's July... any news you can share with us, please? It's a shame Canadian customers still have to use that old, awful app in 2019 while US customers or Canada customer using the iOS app have a buggy but way better app.
Appreciate 0