F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > EPS Coding
GetBMWParts

01-09-2024, 06:15 PM   #1
WallaceK
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Garage List
2014 320i  [0.00]
EPS Coding

As posted before: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2003749

I've been playing a lot with coding this week and I couldn't find any of these F8X values in the F30 eps control unit. However, I saw a value for the M235i Racing.

I already know that might not be a good idea to code something like this without knowing the specific hardware differences (I could only look into different part numbers in real oem), but I wonder if anyone tried it. I would appreciate more information on the matter. With or without more info, I will probably be a guinea pig for this one

https://blogger.googleusercontent.co...600/werte.jpeg
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2024, 06:41 PM   #2
WallaceK
Rep

Garage List
2014 320i  [0.00]
UPDATE: So I did it and tested today. My first impression is that the steering wheel is little bit heavier and it's more sensitive to my inputs. Again, all of this could be a placebo, I'm not sure of anything, but I think I will roll with it for a while.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 10:30 AM   #3
LionZion
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F31 320i LCI

Hi @wallaceK I'm really interested in your experience here?

I am trying to combat the sloppy steering feeling in my 2019 F31 with S216 (hydro servotronic steering) Especially in comfort and Eco modes. The problem has been voiced on the forum many times before, but the conversation tends to end up in discussing replacing runflat tires/alignment etc, where I think the problem is with the EPS ECU.

I feel that this could be achieved by applying a different profile to the EPS ECU, similar to the post you quoted with applying an F8x profile but don't have protool, only esys, and will likely only have the options you've described in your attached image.

Could you expand on your experience, and if you think this coding to M235i racing might help me?

Thanks in advance!
Peace!

Last edited by LionZion; 03-05-2024 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: tagged wrong user
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2024, 12:48 PM   #4
WallaceK
Rep

Garage List
2014 320i  [0.00]
LionZion Well after a couple of time my impression remains the same, the steering feels slightly heavier, but this perception is so small that, again, could be a placebo. Indeed the lack of feedback will improve getting rid of the runflats and personally, I hate this type of tyre, works really bad for what it is intended and everything else. Since I live in a tropical country, I just got summer tyres and this has been the best improvement for my car so far, way more grip and feedback and I feel much more safe (I'm currently on michelin pilot sport 4). The other thing that really improved the steering for me was the m3 lower control arms. Made me feel way more confident when approaching curves with high speed, maybe that's what you need.

With that said, I wonder if anyone will feel a significant difference with the EPS coding from the m235i racing on a stock F30 with no F80 lcas and non-runflat tyres...
Appreciate 0