F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons > FS: BM3 license
Studio RSR

07-31-2021, 11:36 PM   #1
yanboogie
Private
Rep
Drives: F30/Q50/Eclipse GSX

FS: BM3 license

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Selling my bm3 licence used for n55.

Licenses can be transferred to different engine models

PayPal verified users only.

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 11:57 PM   #2
Jeffmiller32
Rep
Drives: 335i

Interested
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:17 AM   #3
yanboogie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffmiller32 View Post
Interested
Edited: Pm'ed
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
yanboogie
Private
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 06:50 PM   #5
yanboogie
Private
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #6
yanboogie
Private
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #7
tbrazil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16%E2%80%99 340i

Not sure if you've tried already but try selling on N55/BMW Facebook groups. Some have a lot of active users.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 03:46 PM   #8
yanboogie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrazil View Post
Not sure if you've tried already but try selling on N55/BMW Facebook groups. Some have a lot of active users.
I put it up on FB groups as well. Just everyone wants it super cheap. Everyone wants to go faster but not pay the piper haha
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 10:35 AM   #9
cj_thefinest
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future M3 owner.

License transfers usually go for $300.
I have that right now if you're still selling.
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50
      08-12-2021, 10:45 AM   #10
McGyv3r
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1989 325i & 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
1989 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_thefinest View Post
This is my price-point as well (actually $297.50) since half of the available transfers are used. I'd be willing to pay more if it came with the map pack (I don't think that can transfer) or the wifi adaptor.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 02:46 PM   #11
yanboogie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Through all my time, I've seen two licenses sell for 300. 1 was a scam. 350-400 is about what I've seen countless ones sell for.

For the people waiting to only spend 300, that's fine keep waiting.
Same goes for myself, I'll wait till i get the right price, if not ill keep it. I'm in no rush to sell it.
Appreciate 1
Insane435476.50
      08-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #12
sspade
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2016 BMW 320i  [7.87]
2014 BMW 328i  [6.83]
$350 is the most you'll get from an informed buyer. I paid $310 about two months ago including the PayPal protection fee.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-12-2021, 07:49 PM   #13
brandonloos_21
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
$350 is the most you'll get from an informed buyer. I paid $310 about two months ago including the PayPal protection fee.
So would I be able to buy this along with a map pack for $50 to be able to tune my car for 360 all in?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:43 AM   #14
tbrazil
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16%E2%80%99 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanboogie View Post
Quote:
I put it up on FB groups as well. Just everyone wants it super cheap. Everyone wants to go faster but not pay the piper haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanboogie View Post
Quote:
Yea keep waiting, I got just a touch under $400 for mine and only paid like $60 out of pocket for MG. Someone replied to my wts post on here saying the same bs and encouraging me to sell for $300 lol. It'll sell for what you want
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #15
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

To be fair, the fair market value for bm3 is half the cost that means $300. Why? Anything more will just give advantage for the original buyer while the secondary buyer stuck with the license and can’t resell.

At half way, both original and secondary buyer gets their money worth and pay the same price. If original buyer is selling at $400, why would there be a secondary market? I would just buy it and use it until i desire then i sell it later cause it only cost me $200 to ‘rent’ the license and let the secondary buyer eat the rest and stuck with no resell.

Remember, i can sell it 4 years later or 5 years later and the license cost is still the same or it may increase, in that case, i would even get more bang for bucks if i am the original buyer.

Just saying… i don’t think $400 will sell. There is a reason why you keep bumping the post ��
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2021, 04:06 PM   #16
cj_thefinest
Registered
Rep
Drives: Future M3 owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameson View Post
To be fair, the fair market value for bm3 is half the cost that means $300. Why? Anything more will just give advantage for the original buyer while the secondary buyer stuck with the license and can't resell.

At half way, both original and secondary buyer gets their money worth and pay the same price. If original buyer is selling at $400, why would there be a secondary market? I would just buy it and use it until i desire then i sell it later cause it only cost me $200 to 'rent' the license and let the secondary buyer eat the rest and stuck with no resell.

Remember, i can sell it 4 years later or 5 years later and the license cost is still the same or it may increase, in that case, i would even get more bang for bucks if i am the original buyer.

Just saying… i don't think $400 will sell. There is a reason why you keep bumping the post ��
Exactly the point. Both original and new owner should only have to spend ~$300 to own it for their respective time period. It's supposed to be an even trade.

I just went ahead and bought my own outright. My original plan was to spend $300 plus whatever protection fees and map costs I'd have to pay. Then do it again later when I switched to my F80, and in the process help a fellow owner get some of their money back. It's just not worth it to spend $400 plus the other fees on top.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 04:54 PM   #17
gameson
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Exactly the point. Both original and new owner should only have to spend ~$300 to own it for their respective time period. It's supposed to be an even trade.

I just went ahead and bought my own outright. My original plan was to spend $300 plus whatever protection fees and map costs I'd have to pay. Then do it again later when I switched to my F80, and in the process help a fellow owner get some of their money back. It's just not worth it to spend $400 plus the other fees on top.
Yeah, man. I hope all the sellers out there read my post and reconsider. Anything below $300 tips the scale to the buyer and anything above $300 tips the scale to the seller.

Remember, this is an enthusiast forum, not a marketplace where people make money for a living. Enthusiast forum is where enthusiasts help each other out, but of course, there are greedy people everywhere who don’t see that and always want to have as little loss as possible…

For this type of transaction, seller will never be able to sell for $400, they can either eat the whole $600 themselves or just sell it for $300…

If there is a market for bm3 resell for $400, every body will just be a original buyer cause they lose just $200 and the second buyer eats $400. But then it won’t make sense as there will be no demand in secondary if anybody is selling for $400.

Just be fair in bm3 license reselling, this is different than if you are reselling parts because parts can be resold, in theory, infinite amount of times, while this is only once.

A smart buyer will never pay more than $300… a smart seller who want their money back should never sell more than $300 unless there are stupid buyers.

You want a profit, fine, you sell stuff that don’t have such a clear proposition. Sell used car, yes. You can profit since nobody know your capital.

In luxury watch, there is a term, buy the seller. Reputation precedes profits. You will look stupid and greedy when you are trying to sell this bm3 for more than $300.

Last edited by gameson; 08-13-2021 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2021, 08:28 PM   #18
yanboogie
Private
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 09:45 AM   #19
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Yeah, man. I hope all the sellers out there read my post and reconsider. Anything below $300 tips the scale to the buyer and anything above $300 tips the scale to the seller.

Remember, this is an enthusiast forum, not a marketplace where people make money for a living. Enthusiast forum is where enthusiasts help each other out, but of course, there are greedy people everywhere who don’t see that and always want to have as little loss as possible…

For this type of transaction, seller will never be able to sell for $400, they can either eat the whole $600 themselves or just sell it for $300…

If there is a market for bm3 resell for $400, every body will just be a original buyer cause they lose just $200 and the second buyer eats $400. But then it won’t make sense as there will be no demand in secondary if anybody is selling for $400.

Just be fair in bm3 license reselling, this is different than if you are reselling parts because parts can be resold, in theory, infinite amount of times, while this is only once.

A smart buyer will never pay more than $300… a smart seller who want their money back should never sell more than $300 unless there are stupid buyers.

You want a profit, fine, you sell stuff that don’t have such a clear proposition. Sell used car, yes. You can profit since nobody know your capital.

In luxury watch, there is a term, buy the seller. Reputation precedes profits. You will look stupid and greedy when you are trying to sell this bm3 for more than $300.
This has been covered but I will say it again. Why should sellers sell for 50% when all they did was rent the tune for a year or two for $300 whereas you bought it for the same and get to keep it for years on end? Ok so now you know why there is a premium over 50%. To me, $400 is fair and I would not even consider selling it below $350 especially with the charges.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #20
gameson
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
This has been covered but I will say it again. Why should sellers sell for 50% when all they did was rent the tune for a year or two for $300 whereas you bought it for the same and get to keep it for years on end? Ok so now you know why there is a premium over 50%. To me, $400 is fair and I would not even consider selling it below $350 especially with the charges.
lol, your argument makes sense ONLY if the secondary buyer keeps the car forever, however almost nobody keeps their car forever, at the end, the secondary buyer will sell their car too after a year or two ownership with the tune, in that case can the secondary buyer recoup their $300? No...

so why should secondary buyer pay $100 more when they have to surrender their tune when it's time to sell their car?

secondary buyer can take off the tune when they sell the car, BUT it's no value to them as they no longer can sell the tune, the tune value stays with the car.

if the secondary buyer can charge the buyer of their car $100 for the tune, then yes, it's worth $400, but can they? lol, when you are selling thousand dollar car and try to nickel dime your buyer for $100, you won't make a sale...

that's why $300 is fair as both buyers will lose it no matter what.

you are just trying to justify your reasoning, but your justification doesn't make sense when both buyers are essentially renting their tune, basically you are just greedy... but hey, it's your tune, if you can sell it for $400, power to you to find stupid buyers, but informed buyer will NEVER pay $400 for it, that's why you see this thread, the seller keeps bumping it

the true benefit of this is actually the third buyer or later buyer (the buyer who bought the used car from the secondary tune buyer) as the third buyer gets their tune for 'free'
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #21
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
lol, your argument makes sense ONLY if the secondary buyer keeps the car forever, however almost nobody keeps their car forever, at the end, the secondary buyer will sell their car too after a year or two ownership with the tune, in that case can the secondary buyer recoup their $300? No...

so why should secondary buyer pay $100 more when they have to surrender their tune when it's time to sell their car?

secondary buyer can take off the tune when they sell the car, BUT it's no value to them as they no longer can sell the tune, the tune value stays with the car.

if the secondary buyer can charge the buyer of their car $100 for the tune, then yes, it's worth $400, but can they? lol, when you are selling thousand dollar car and try to nickel dime your buyer for $100, you won't make a sale...

that's why $300 is fair as both buyers will lose it no matter what.

you are just trying to justify your reasoning, but your justification doesn't make sense when both buyers are essentially renting their tune, basically you are just greedy... but hey, it's your tune, if you can sell it for $400, power to you to find stupid buyers, but informed buyer will NEVER pay $400 for it, that's why you see this thread, the seller keeps bumping it

the true benefit of this is actually the third buyer or later buyer (the buyer who bought the used car from the secondary tune buyer) as the third buyer gets their tune for 'free'
Does not make sense. Second buyer doesnt get to recoup their $300 just like the primary owner did not either. Fairprice is intuitive and most people ain't gonna sell you $300 licenses cause they can feel its a little too low. Inherently the reasoning is what I explained. Try and grab one for cheap if you wish and best of luck but people are buying BM3 so demand isn't letting up.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #22
gameson
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
Does not make sense. Second buyer doesnt get to recoup their $300 just like the primary owner did not either.
LOL, you just said it yourself, both buyers don't get to recoup their investment, so why one buyer has to pay more than the other? you want to make your case, but you can't make your argument, you are just repeating yourself lol
Appreciate 0