F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > M Perf side skirts
proTUNING Freaks

10-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
JackAdams
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 335xi

M Perf side skirts

Hey all, while I'd obviously love to do the complete M pkg, I can't see that happening and was thinking I'd be semi-content if I could find just the side skirts. Anyone know anywhere to get them, locally - Toronto area? Any chance I can get them already painted or would I be looking at dealing with that on my own?

Any advice would be appreciated.
      10-29-2017, 07:24 AM   #2
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAdams View Post
Hey all, while I'd obviously love to do the complete M pkg, I can't see that happening and was thinking I'd be semi-content if I could find just the side skirts. Anyone know anywhere to get them, locally - Toronto area? Any chance I can get them already painted or would I be looking at dealing with that on my own?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Go see Gino, place is in Woodbridge. A few of us have bought from him multiple times. Great guy and generally has a lot of the parts in stock, otherwise he orders from Taiwan like every other distributor.

http://www.extremeparts.ca/product/3...ch-side-skirts

Most places won't sell you painted parts. Your generally having to buy the parts and paint via another body shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 07:26 AM   #3
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

My two cents, you'll get more bang for buck if you go front bumper first.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 10:34 AM   #4
JackAdams
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks man, I'll check them out.
And while I agree about the front bumper, I actually don't mind the sport line front end. Especially since I painted the silver slats to make the whole thing black. I'd obviously prefer the M bumper, but I really like that sleek line of the side skirts and hate my plain ones
      10-29-2017, 11:50 AM   #5
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
I'd echo the recommendation for Gino, partly because I had a good experience and that's where I went, and partly because it is literally the only place in town. Trust me, I looked! Here's a few quotes for you from when I contacted various shops. Keep in mind I have a mineral white car and I don't know if that makes things a bit pricier since I understand it's hard to match:

European Auto Body: $220 each

Elite Concepts - $200 each roughly

Impera Auto Body - $150 each roughly

Excellence Auto (where I ultimately went) - $2073 for front, rear and sides.

I wish I could give you a breakdown of how much it would cost from Excellence but I'm not sure. I will say though that they would probably be the most expensive. I ultimately went with them because the way I figured, I don't want mismatched paint and they're an official body shop for quite a few BMW dealerships (among others). Since my colour is hard to match from my research, I didn't want to come to a slightly off colour after and potentially have to wait another week for them to fix it (at best) or pay someone else to fix it (at worst). I was strongly considering European Auto Body too since the price was similar overall (they were roughly $1800), but Excellence Auto had shuttle service to and from the shop. They are also in Scarborough and I work in Markham, whereas EAB is all the way in Woodbridge.

TLDR; you're looking at paying $700 for the side skirts all in with parts and paint. Up to you if that's worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #6
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC328_F30 View Post
My two cents, you'll get more bang for buck if you go front bumper first.
agreed, side skirts only matter when they have a front and rear diffuser to blend into.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #7
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

it pays to order the spec you want when you buy the car. End up paying and arm and leg to duplicate what could of been ordered. Next time!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:17 PM   #8
Mt3vie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Rated View Post
it pays to order the spec you want when you buy the car. End up paying and arm and leg to duplicate what could of been ordered. Next time!
Can someone recommend a reputable bodyshop to match the paint colour? Mineral grey...

Thinking of getting the m sport bumper at extreme parts but need a body shop

Also called auto excellence today and they had no clue how much m sport bumper retrofit cost? Asked to meet at shop for estimate...

Any feedback much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
JackAdams
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtevie View Post
Can someone recommend a reputable bodyshop to match the paint colour? Mineral grey...

Also called auto excellence today and they had no clue how much m sport bumper retrofit cost? Asked to meet at shop for estimate...

Gino at Extreme part recommended someone to me for the side skirts. I forget who it was, but he said they do good work. Might be worth asking him.
      11-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #10
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Wait what? How is that possible? They installed mine for me. Mark Millson gave me my quote but that shouldn't require you to go in person. I didn't even step foot into the shop until I was ready to drop my car off. Give them a VIN number and a tell them you'll provide the parts. I also gave a URL link to every shop I got a quote from. I decided to pay a bit extra for an official body shop for dealers since 1) they used official colours and could match for sure, and 2) they had valet service that was useful. They did a great job with my Mineral White so I'm sure they'd do great on your Mineral Grey. I'm pretty sure you'll be quoted $600-700 from most shops.

Here's what I was quoted for bumper:

European Auto Body: $700

Elite Concepts - $706

Impera Auto Body - $600

Excellence Auto Body - See above

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Kailec; 11-15-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 07:36 PM   #11
Mt3vie
Private
Canada
Rep

Hope this helps. [/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:

Wait what? How is that possible? They installed mine for me. Mark Millson gave me my quote but that shouldn't require you to go in person. I didn't even step foot into the shop until I was ready to drop my car off. Give them a VIN number and a tell them you'll provide the parts. I also gave a URL link to every shop I got a quote from. I decided to pay a bit extra for an official body shop for dealers since 1) they used official colours and could match for sure, and 2) they had valet service that was useful. They did a great job with my Mineral White so I'm sure they'd do great on your Mineral Grey. I'm pretty sure you'll be quoted $600-700 from most shops.

Here's what I was quoted for bumper:

European Auto Body: $700

Elite Concepts - $706

Impera Auto Body - $600

Excellence Auto Body - See above

Hope this helps.
Thanks I will check it out...

Gino recommended a bodyshop next door to him? Is it one of the above bodyshop?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 07:57 PM   #12
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec
Hope this helps.

Gino recommended a bodyshop next door to him? Is it one of the above bodyshop?[/QUOTE]

It's not, he recommended one close by but I ultimately went with Excellence due to the valet and the official paint used there. Valet was key since I only have the 1 car in the house. Using an Uber or taxi back and forth would've been expensive from where I live to there. You could always ask Gino and talk to the shop he recommends from a quote.

Last edited by Kailec; 11-16-2017 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 10:33 PM   #13
Mt3vie
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:
Hope this helps.

Gino recommended a bodyshop next door to him? Is it one of the above bodyshop?
It's not, he recommended one close by but I ultimately went with Excellence due to the valet and the official paint used there. Valet was key since I only have the 1 car in the house. Using an Uber or taxi back and forth would've been expensive from where I live to there. You could always ask Gino and talk to the shop he recommends from a quote.[/QUOTE]
Okay thanks. How did u get the bumper shipped from extreme shop to excellence?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 11:47 PM   #14
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's not, he recommended one close by but I ultimately went with Excellence due to the valet and the official paint used there. Valet was key since I only have the 1 car in the house. Using an Uber or taxi back and forth would've been expensive from where I live to there. You could always ask Gino and talk to the shop he recommends from a quote.
Okay thanks. How did u get the bumper shipped from extreme shop to excellence?[/QUOTE]

Gino helped me load it into my car. It fits, just very tightly.
Appreciate 0