F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Best spot to grab M exterior bits in Canada?
Studio RSR

03-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #1
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Best spot to grab M exterior bits in Canada?

My 6MT Black 340i is on it's way to me know and as with my M2 I would like to black it out and add some nice touches to finish off the body styling. Ground clearance with our crappy roads is important so with that front lip has anyone run into trouble with it? I'm thinking I want the carbon spoiler and the front lip and maybe the side skirts. IND has the classic side markers to get rid of the orange.

Let me know if you guys like a particular spot / shop for pricing and service. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #2
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

A lot of people on here seem to recommend Ikonmotorsports ebay store. They are out of California. Prices with shipping and duty still seem much cheaper than anything I can find in Canada. I was looking Amazon.ca at Racingbee stuff and Ikon will be less.
I was looking at cf rear spoiler and mirrors. I think the front lips are cheaper as well, but I need the ground clearance.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #3
Commerce
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Ikonmotorsports on eBay seems to have a good reputation. I bought my front lip, diffuser and side skirt extensions for our 4 series from europartsautostore and had no problems with quality or fitment. I shipped them to Pembina, ND and drove down to pick them up as most sellers won't ship to Canada or they will charge an absurd amount. I got lucky and didn't have to pay duties coming back up.

As for the front splitter, I opted for a plastic one with the fear of damaging carbon fibre. I have scraped it a couple times due to dips in our roads (my fault) but I haven't had any issues with speed bumps, heaves or pot holes. The only concern I would have with a carbon fibre front lip would be damaging it in the winter time after a large snow fall where it is difficult to change lanes with all the snow piled up between them.

I believe the M Performance edition 3 series come with a plastic lip if you wanted to replicate that look. If you are looking at plastic pieces, try and buy something that was made in Taiwan. Be careful with cheaper carbon fibre products as some people have an issue with them yellowing.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
Ikonmotorsports on eBay seems to have a good reputation. I bought my front lip, diffuser and side skirt extensions for our 4 series from europartsautostore and had no problems with quality or fitment. I shipped them to Pembina, ND and drove down to pick them up as most sellers won't ship to Canada or they will charge an absurd amount. I got lucky and didn't have to pay duties coming back up.

As for the front splitter, I opted for a plastic one with the fear of damaging carbon fibre. I have scraped it a couple times due to dips in our roads (my fault) but I haven't had any issues with speed bumps, heaves or pot holes. The only concern I would have with a carbon fibre front lip would be damaging it in the winter time after a large snow fall where it is difficult to change lanes with all the snow piled up between them.

I believe the M Performance edition 3 series come with a plastic lip if you wanted to replicate that look. If you are looking at plastic pieces, try and buy something that was made in Taiwan. Be careful with cheaper carbon fibre products as some people have an issue with them yellowing.
Nice - thank you, it seems a number of people have commented about this Ikonmotorsports on ebay. You must be in Winnipeg or area as Pembina would also be the spot I would ship to. How did you avoid duties?? I shipped my apex rims to pembina and I had to pay full pop. thankfully they put a fairly low amount on the shipping order so it wasn't bad but if it was on the receipt amount it would have been a lot.

I think a plastic lip would be fine - I just want it to be good quality and I am willing to pay for that.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 06:59 PM   #5
Commerce
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Nice - thank you, it seems a number of people have commented about this Ikonmotorsports on ebay. You must be in Winnipeg or area as Pembina would also be the spot I would ship to. How did you avoid duties?? I shipped my apex rims to pembina and I had to pay full pop. thankfully they put a fairly low amount on the shipping order so it wasn't bad but if it was on the receipt amount it would have been a lot.

I think a plastic lip would be fine - I just want it to be good quality and I am willing to pay for that.
Yes I am. I ordered the diffuser and front lip together last spring and picked up the side skirts along with M performance stickers before xmas. My total both times was around $200USD and they just let me drive through. I have a feeling it had to do with there being only 1 or 2 lanes open coming back into Canada and a long line up of cars behind me... That or I just got lucky
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #6
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

I've got an OEM carbon spoiler for sale. PM me if you are interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #7
mikt01
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive

ebay has 15% off coupon today. March 12th.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2019, 11:54 PM   #8
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I ordered my carbon mirrors and rear lip From ikon/eBay today.

I am shipping to sweet grass, MT. Used to drive down to pick up, but now there is a shipping company that will bring to Calgary pretty cheap. DYK shipping makes 2 runs a week and handles import papers as well. Great service.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #9
mikt01
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3085258 View Post
I ordered my carbon mirrors and rear lip From ikon/eBay today.

I am shipping to sweet grass, MT. Used to drive down to pick up, but now there is a shipping company that will bring to Calgary pretty cheap. DYK shipping makes 2 runs a week and handles import papers as well. Great service.
i wish i knew about this, also in calgary. but since i dont order too often from ebay i just ate their shipping costs.

Let me know how the carbon mirrors work out. i was debating that purchase.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #10
7iM3less
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP

The ikonmotorsport CF line of products has been spot on in terms of quality. Every CF part ive bought has been ikon. You may a slightly higher price but its worth the peace of mind.

1. Front lip
2. M4 spoiler
3. Roof spoiler (now sold)
4. Mirror covers
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 11:09 AM   #11
F3085258
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikt01 View Post
i wish i knew about this, also in calgary. but since i dont order too often from ebay i just ate their shipping costs.

Let me know how the carbon mirrors work out. i was debating that purchase.
you bet.

the freight forwarder is https://www2.dykpost.com/canada-bound-shipping/

They only forward from https://www.montanamailbox.com/

I send all my stuff to Montana Mailbox. I used to use At The Border Storage and go and pick up. Usually 4 trips a year (I have a few project cars...) the DYK solution is a bit more money, but saves me a few hours of time.
Appreciate 0