F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Drying and rinse aid products.
Extreme Powerhouse

07-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #23
APJ
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus

Another one that is good for a great finish and great beading is Car-pro Reload, its certainly not the cheapest, its quick and easy and leaves a super glossy finish. Says it lasts for three months but you'll be lucky to get a month, but you use so little on the car that it lasts for ages.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 04:57 PM   #24
oldmick
Private
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredGeek View Post
I watched a load of YouTube videos before I got it, some use it on glass, some not... I've been using it on everything including the windscreen without any issue whatsoever, no smearing or blade judder.
As a side note, if you have the matt black diffuser or front splitter, this makes it go satin black which I think looks superb.
It's a tiny bit pricey but if you look out for offers, "car parts 4 less" for instance, you can save a couple of quid a bottle.
I'm getting six applications on an F31, you really don't need much and at first I was putting waaaaaaaaaay more on than I should
Thanks, just ordered some.
      07-29-2019, 08:15 PM   #25
rcarbone314
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i

I am not kidding I have been using this for a couple of years on both of my black cars. It never makes any marks drys by sucking the water off the car. This is no joke this thing is the best for drying your entire car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
njc57.50
      08-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #26
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Auto Finesse Aqua Coat....what a load of s**t.

So today I foamed my car for a pre-wash, then washed it and was careful to keep spraying the car to make sure it didn't dry. Had been watching the weather forecast to get an overcast day. I had watched the Auto Finesse video on how to apply it. Gave the car an even coat and then washed it off. All it did was leave the car covered in very tiny spots that wouldn't rub off. Tried what they suggest putting some product on a cloth and wiping it and all it did was leave smudges.

Had to revert to the tried and tested formula...Autoglym Super Resin Polish with an applicator pad to get the spots off and then a coat of Autogym High Definition Wax. Car looks great now after six hours working on it.

Won't be using Auto Finesse Aqua Coat again.

A few pics....hard to show how shiny.
Attached Images

Last edited by sensible; 08-02-2019 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #27
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

I get similar with DoDo Future Armour.

Best results come with sparing use, over application leads to bloom, and using the leaf blower to blow away the water beads before they dry to spots.

Edit:

Our cars are BMW Mineral Grey and Mini British Racing Green with Gloss Black Roof etc.
      08-02-2019, 04:59 PM   #28
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s11nny View Post
looks like you had the same issue as me with auto finesse,
i thought it was me applying it wrong. its probably ok for lighter colored cars.
the sonax stuff in this thread looks good
Yes maybe on other colours but not black. I followed the instructions to the letter and it was rubbish. Doesn't do what is says in the tin.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 05:14 PM   #29
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
yep it worked a treat on my dads silver car. try autoglym gloss protection for a sealent. easy to wipe of and apply.
Just picked this up from Autoglym on a detailing site. I have polished and waxed the car, so although I am sure I will use the gloss protection one day, I won't put it on top of Autoglym High Definition wax.

Quote from Autoglym - "Of the two, the recommendation for the best finish, durability, depth of gloss and beading/sheeting is High Definition Wax. It is our flagship sealant wax product.

You are correct that Extra Gloss Protection is a sealant, a job which the HD Wax does too, but it lacks the extra wax content of the HD Wax. Sealants will preserve whatever shine is on the car already by sitting on top of the polished surface. It will enhance the shine to a certain extent too, and protect the paint from future contaminants.

They are both very easy to apply, but one is a liquid product and the other a paste. The HD Wax comes with the applicators and microfibre cloth included in the kit so you have everything you need to get the best out of the product.

Durability is dependant on a whole host of factors, but several months for both products, provided you wash with a pH neutral shampoo as directed.

They are both very good (if I do say so myself) and perform similar tasks, but HD Wax edges it in terms of the final 'stand back and look on proudly' result."
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 02:39 AM   #30
SkyJawa
Major General
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbone314 View Post
I am not kidding I have been using this for a couple of years on both of my black cars. It never makes any marks drys by sucking the water off the car. This is no joke this thing is the best for drying your entire car.
Anything that requires pulling a blade along the car paint is a recipe for disaster, you just have to get the tiniest of specs on it and scratches all over.

I’ve seen several stories of people using the Autoglym drying blade end up with scratches which is similar to the Karcher window vac.

The Karcher is fantastic on glass I thoroughly recommend it, makes doing the house windows soooo quick but keep it away from paint!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 01:39 AM   #31
Bigyin1314
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F36 435d

I tend to wax every 6 months or so and have used various 'top ups' / drying aids / QD's over the years. It's one of those things that's always subjective as it depends on what you're looking for, sheeting, beading, longevity, gloss etc etc. I would personally recommend 3 products.

1. Gyeon Cure - most expensive of the 3, can dilute 50:50 and I usually spayed it into a wet car, dried with towel and buffed with dry mf cloth. I'd do this every 3rd wash and it worked great.
2. Valet Pro Citrus Bling - 2nd most expensive and again can be diluted 50:50. Same procedure as above but used after every wash (protection is at best 4 weeks). Can also be used as a general QD whenever needed. Possibly the only product I will never be without.
3. Sonax BSD. Cheapest, only started using it. Spay neat into a wet car and dry / buff. Although slightly harder to work with, it's fast becoming my favourite 'Top Up' (it's just so cheap for what it does)

Forensic Detailing is a YouTube channel that I watch and the guy that runs it is really good at breaking products down to show what they are all good at.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 02:23 AM   #32
TiredGeek
Old Fart
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335dx F31 Shadow EB

Wax in October, wax at Easter, wash every weekend (when possible) and Sonax every 3rd wash.
Keeps it looking nice without taking up my entire life
      08-04-2019, 02:50 AM   #33
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
May try the wax then. If its a sealent and wax
Check out DoDo Juice Supernatural Hybrid Nano. This is a hybrid wax and sealant, and it works very well for me. When I have the time...
Only issue is if you balls it up you'll need to polish it off... This hasn't happened to me, though the instructions state this.

Finish is fantastic and lasts a long time. I last did my car last August and have topped it up with DoDo Future Armour every few months since.

As with all long lasting finishes, it's the initial preparation that pays forwards. I machine polished the car and the shine mostly remains, once cleaned, even a year on.
Attached Images

08-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #34
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

After reading this thread and researching zero PPM filters I decided to go with the Raceglaze zero PPM filter, the dumpy filters don't last as long apparently and I thought the pure final rinse was expensive compared to others and being a dumpy not a long term solution.

Only thing that I thought would be a pain is disconnecting the hose and connecting the filter both sides each time to rinse and having to reconnect the regular supply after the rinse. Decided to put in a diverter system to alloy the filter to be used or bypassed with lever valves. It's quick and easy, the build quality of the Raceglaze filter is pretty solid.

Thanks to the OP for starting the thread and costing me 100 sheets. 🙄😅

Last edited by RoShambolt; 08-21-2019 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 03:29 AM   #35
jackstrath
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 16' F31 340i & 03' Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbone314 View Post
Hell No!, if theres any grit or particles missed on the washing process you'll just end up dragging them all over your car
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 06:33 AM   #36
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

If you want to rinse the car with water and let it dry without spots, I use reverse osmosis resin in a vessel.

Have a look at www.vyair.com and search 'resin'
it will come up with the vessels and the right resin, very cost effective.

Was car, hose off with normal water, connect hose to vessel, rinse with deionized water, let dry.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #37
Grant_7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Caterham 420R. Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
After reading this thread and researching zero PPM filters I decided to go with the Raceglaze zero PPM filter, the dumpy filters don't last as long apparently and I thought the pure final rinse was expensive compared to others and being a dumpy not a long term solution.

Only thing that I thought would be a pain is disconnecting the hose and connecting the filter both sides each time to rinse and having to reconnect the regular supply after the rinse. Decided to put in a diverter system to alloy the filter to be used or bypassed with lever valves. It's quick and easy, the build quality of the Raceglaze filter is pretty solid.

Thanks to the OP for starting the thread and costing me 100 sheets. 🙄😅
I have one of these.

It has massively reduced the time I spend cleaning (drying) the car. After washing, I connect the filter, run water over the car, then nip off for a cuppa. 5 mins later, back outside with a drying towel for a very quick mop up of any stray water droplets, and it's done.

Brilliant product.
F31 340i | GS with CR & Ash Grain Trim | M Sport+ Pack | Prof Media Plus Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Leather Dash | Folding Mirrors | Pano Roof | Elec Mem Seats with Lumbar | Adaptive Suspension | Comfort Access | Reverse Cam | Surround View | SLD | Rear Sunblinds | Folding Headrests | Model Designation Delete | Trim Designation Delete | MPPSK
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 08:03 AM   #38
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

For those that use the resin vessels like the vyair and the Raceglaze, what size have you gone for in litres?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #39
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
For those that use the resin vessels like the vyair and the Raceglaze, what size have you gone for in litres?
Not sure but will check tonight. its about 200mm dia & 600mm high and I think the bag of resin I buy is around 25 litres, but don't use it all in 1 go
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #40
RoShambolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
I spoke to the owner as I was willing to pay for the larger 14 litre one, he said if you only use the filter to do the final rinse every two weeks and on the windows every few months the 7 litre one will be fine in an area with reasonably hard water, mine is just that at 280-350 PPM. He recommended the smaller one for my use, I used it today on my dads XC60, it's a great bit of kit, didn't disappoint at all. I'll be surprised if I get a year out of it, but at the cost and ease I would still be happy if it only lasted 6 months.

I agree with another post that I wish I had made the investment a long time ago.

The first run of the diverter pipework today, it's definitely going to make the whole process very easy to swap supplies.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #41
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoShambolt View Post
I spoke to the owner as I was willing to pay for the larger 14 litre one, he said if you only use the filter to do the final rinse every two weeks and on the windows every few months the 7 litre one will be fine in an area with reasonably hard water, mine is just that at 280-350 PPM. He recommended the smaller one for my use, I used it today on my dads XC60, it's a great bit of kit, didn't disappoint at all. I'll be surprised if I get a year out of it, but at the cost and ease I would still be happy if it only lasted 6 months.

I agree with another post that I wish I had made the investment a long time ago.

The first run of the diverter pipework today, it's definitely going to make the whole process very easy to swap supplies.
That's a tidy set up you have there. Good job!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:25 PM   #42
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A15X View Post
Since having my black 4 series ceramic coated I invested in one of these https://www.vyair.com/0817-high-pres...city-blue.html

Must say one of the best investments ever.

I use the filtered water (which measures 0ppm) to fill wash buckets and use it for final rinse via pressure washer.

Guy next door who is into his car cleaning thought I was on drugs washing the car at high noon and letting it air dry...he even came back half hour later to check it and couldn’t believe there wasn’t a water mark in sight!

Since I’ve had mine he has bought one along with my father.
A15X thanks for the tip, bought one of these, delivered today, filled with MB-115 resin and with hoselock fittings. With a promo code it was £87.

I already have a TDS meter so hooked it up to the hose pipe. Tested the tap water at 225 ppm. Water through the vessel reading 0 ppm so it looks like it's working.

Will wash the car Wednesday and rinse through the vessel and see if I can let it dry on its own.
Attached Images

Last edited by sensible; 09-02-2019 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #43
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Funnily enough, I bought the same one last week after reading this thread!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #44
A15X
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d M sport Convertible

No problem! I think I’ve killed the supplied resin in mine already 🙄 washing the cars too much and using it for the whole wash not just final rinse due to the weather. I’ve just bought 25kg of replacement resin which is allegedly higher quality.

Still love the product and wouldn’t wash the car with out it now!

https://www.windowcleaningwarehouse....ction/reviews/
Appreciate 0