F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Please help with the Price of your MPPSK
proTUNING Freaks

04-21-2019, 04:47 AM   #1
F80DXB
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB F80 M3 ZCP

Please help with the Price of your MPPSK

Hi All,

I've just recently picked up a 2017, F32 440i. Absolutely love the car & coming from a 2012 F30 320i, the extra power is incredible.

That being said, whilst waiting on the car, I've been doing a lot of research on tunes and exhausts, with one condition in mind; to keep my warranty. Which has obviously led me to the MPPSK.

When I picked up my certified pre-owned 440i from the BMW dealership in Dubai (AGMC), I asked the team to provide a quote for the MPPSK. From my research I expected that the price for this kit and installation would be approximately $2,300 (based on forums members from the US) and approximately £1,400 in the U.K. Unfortunately that's not the case in Dubai. The dealership quoted me 18,000 AED for the kit, with Chrome tips (not my preferred option), WITHOUT installation. That's approximately $4,900 or £3,700. Absolute daylight robbery. Abu Dhabi (an hour down the road from Dubai) quoted me 23,500 AED, approximately: $6,400 or £4,900.

Following this, I've started to reach out to dealerships around the world to get quotes for this package, including installation. The idea of this, is to return to the parts division at AGMC and show them the price differences in hope that they will amend their prices for me. At the end of the day, all the parts are being shipped out from Germany at relatively the same price, if not the same, so there shouldn't be a need for this insane price difference - considering that the U.A.E does not have high import duties. Nonetheless, If they decide not to provide a competitive price, I'm going to insist that I order the parts directly myself and get them to install.

Could I please ask all of you to help provide some information that I may use in my attempt to lower the extortionate price of the MPPSK in the United Arab Emirates.

Could I kindly ask you to provide the following (I'll use my first finding as an example).

Dealership: Douglas Park Hamilton
Price: with CF tips: £1,287.50 + VAT

Thanks in advance for your help!
Daniel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

BMW has different prices in different markets. Your currency conversion doesn't mean much unfortunately
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #3
topazalex
Rep
Drives: 340i

Since I'm in the UK and looking for MPPSK myself, was Douglas Park the cheapest you managed to find in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 07:50 AM   #4
F80DXB
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazalex View Post
Since I'm in the UK and looking for MPPSK myself, was Douglas Park the cheapest you managed to find in the UK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by topazalex View Post
So far that's the cheapest I've found. Hoping to hear back from others soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #5
Judda440
Registered
Rep
Drives: 440i

Hey man, I did the exact same thing at AGMC.

BMW here is super weird...

A 4 series here with the same spec and service package as in the USA with on road costs (and BMW threw in some goodies) is 1.5% more expensive in Dubai than USA.

An M2 comp is 30% more expensive.

They jack up the price of anything 'fun' like crazy. Basically they don't want to deal with any sort of custom builds at all. They're incompetent (I won't take your through my purchasing experience)...

Sucks!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 06:47 AM   #6
F80DXB
Enlisted Member
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judda440 View Post
Hey man, I did the exact same thing at AGMC.

BMW here is super weird...

A 4 series here with the same spec and service package as in the USA with on road costs (and BMW threw in some goodies) is 1.5% more expensive in Dubai than USA.

An M2 comp is 30% more expensive.

They jack up the price of anything 'fun' like crazy. Basically they don't want to deal with any sort of custom builds at all. They're incompetent (I won't take your through my purchasing experience)...

Sucks!
Did you end up sourcing a MPPSK in Dubai for your 440i?
Appreciate 0