F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > The Barr Investigation
European Auto Source (EAS)

12-31-2019, 04:10 PM   #485
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
just one big happy family, aren't they?
sheeeze....
Rd and his patented ramblings about conspiracy, q and bratbart in 3 2 1...
turns out I have a pic of RD's "patented ramblings" in action right here==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MKSixer16815.50
glennQNYC6163.50

01-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #486
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1Z905V

U.S. inquiry into FBI, Clinton spurred by Republicans ends without results
      01-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #487
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:

so RD, your intent in posting that link in here was to give the impression that Hillary , DOJ and the FBI are now free and clear, investigations over, nothing shady in 2016?

I know you have a long history of not actually reading the articles you link, but how is it that you still assume no one else will read them?

You might want to read the last paragraph of the article for starters, probably over optimistic to expect you'll read the whole thing.

Since it's likely you're too lazy to read it yourself, here are the CliffsNotes:
Huber's mandate was strictly Uranium 1.
He ended his investigation as redundant, turned the material he gathered over to the IG, who probably turned it over to Durham. We'll see I expect, although compared to other issues U1 may be irrelevant.

The article in its first paragraph does (deliberately) give the impression that the Huber action was of overarching importance relative to 2016, but you should have noticed who wrote it: Makini Brice. eye-roll.
Writers of bullshit know that a significant percentage of readers will only read the headline, maybe the first paragraph. Any ridicule from those who do read it is easily ignored because people like Brice are incapable of experiencing embarrassment. Paul Krugman is my own favorite example of that behavior.

i'll just end by once again posting your favorite pic==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #488
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

so RD, your intent in posting that link in here was to give the impression that Hillary , DOJ and the FBI are now free and clear, investigations over, nothing shady in 2016?

I know you have a long history of not actually reading the articles you link, but how is it that you still assume no one else will read them?

You might want to read the last paragraph of the article for starters, probably over optimistic to expect you'll read the whole thing.

Since it's likely you're too lazy to read it yourself, here are the CliffsNotes:
He ended his investigation as redundant, turned the material he gathered over to the IG, who probably turned it over to Durham. We'll see I expect, although compared to other issues U1 may be irrelevant.

The article in its first paragraph does (deliberately) give the impression that the Huber action was of overarching importance relative to 2016, but you should have noticed who wrote it: Makini Brice. eye-roll.
Writers of bullshit know that a significant percentage of readers will only read the headline, maybe the first paragraph. Any ridicule from those who do read it is easily ignored because people like Brice are incapable of experiencing embarrassment. Paul Krugman is my own favorite example of that behavior.

Lazy? Like Trump? No.
Horowitz was coming, Durham is coming, who's next? Humpty Dumpty?
      01-10-2020, 01:20 PM   #489
Violator
Living the dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 w/MPPK, MPE & RC GTS Black

From the article,
“The assignment has ended, but no official notice has been sent to the Justice Department or to lawmakers, the Washington Post reported washingtonpost.com/national-security/justice-dept-winds-down-clinton-related-inquiry-once-championed-by-trump-it-found-nothing-of-consequence/2020/01/09/ca83932e-32f9-11ea-a053-dc6d944ba776_story.html. Current and former law enforcement officials said they had not expected the probe to uncover anything, according to the newspaper.”

It seems like nothing more than pure speculation.
I oversaw/led IG investigations for 3 years (December 2014 - December 2017) and never once did my investigators or myself notify anyone of the findings until the report was complete/finalized. While the investigation mentioned in the article may yield nothing (unsubstantiated), I believe it’s very unprofessional and absurd to speculate the outcome until the final report is submitted. Just my experience and humble opinion.
Appreciate 3
Poiseuille3670.00
N54Yankee1906.50
MKSixer16815.50

01-10-2020, 01:27 PM   #490
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I take that as an admission that no, you didn't read the article before you posted it.
but you so wanted the headline to be true....
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #491
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I take that as an admission that no, you didn't read the article before you posted it.
The headline is true. What is she charged with?
      01-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #492
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^^^^
.......... thud
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #493
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm actually wondering if you read the same article. It said no charges are forthcoming.

01-10-2020, 03:27 PM   #494
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^^^^ no, the headline, the beginning of the article AND YOUR COMMENTS all imply that investigations into Hillary, the FBI and 2016 are at an end with no charges brought, whereas what the article actually SAYS is that Huber has ended his investigation into Uranium 1.
what happens with the material he gathered is an open question.

RD, please observe that i've stopped quoting you. other members who have to wade through all this repetitious crap will be grateful if you do the same.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer16815.50
SakhirM49762.50

01-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #495
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:

RD, please observe that i've stopped quoting you. other members who have to wade through all this repetitious crap will be grateful if you do the same.
Thank you, most appreciated. Hopefully others will follow suit. Tired of seeing Fact Dodgers posts clogging up the whole section.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 4
Poiseuille3670.00
MKSixer16815.50
SakhirM49762.50
lakefront222.50

01-10-2020, 04:12 PM   #496
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

lol 'Fact Dodger'
Appreciate 1
SakhirM49762.50

01-10-2020, 06:51 PM   #497
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
^^^^ no, the headline, the beginning of the article AND YOUR COMMENTS all imply that investigations into Hillary, the FBI and 2016 are at an end with no charges brought, whereas what the article actually SAYS is that Huber has ended his investigation into Uranium 1.
what happens with the material he gathered is an open question.

They simply don't like facts that don't pander to their viewpoint? I'm sure that is bothersome...........
      01-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #498
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Quote:

Thank you, most appreciated. Hopefully others will follow suit. Tired of seeing Fact Dodgers posts clogging up the whole section.
Enjoy your alt-right pandering news sources.
      01-10-2020, 07:18 PM   #499
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep

^^^ good grief
Appreciate 0