F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Planning your trip to Germany - fuel price/route planning website
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
StraightSix-d
Private First Class
StraightSix-d's Avatar
United Kingdom
56
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: F30 330d Luxury (2015)
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Planning your trip to Germany - fuel price/route planning website

So, I was planning my trip to Germany for Easter and found this excellent site which plots your route AND gives fuel prices at all petrol stations- within a defined radius, ranging from 5km to 20km.

http://tanken.t-online.de/

Search radius is "Umkreis".

Pic below to show key elements of how to use the site. So, filling up at the cheapest location is only 96 cents/litre and it's only a few minutes off the autobahn. Even more interesting, the best time to buy is between 1100 to 1300!


Name:  tanken.t-online.de-.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  648.8 KB


For iPhones 'Spritpreismonitor' works well and is downloadable from UK iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/spri...913908627?mt=8

I'm looking forward to letting my F30 330d stretch its legs on the autobahn

Los Gehts!
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------
F30 330d LCI Luxury (2015) Review
E90 325d (LCI) - gone..
Review
Appreciate 2
      03-22-2016, 03:38 AM   #2
Alscoob
Colonel
Alscoob's Avatar
No_Country
928
Rep
2,029
Posts

Drives: F31 340i M sport+
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix-d View Post

I'm looking forward to letting my F30 330d stretch its legs on the autobahn

Los Gehts!
You'll enjoy that....I did on my last trip to Bremen flat out bit scary but great all you have to watch out for is those dam Merc Sprinter vans... how do they go so quick
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
tinytrevor
Captain
tinytrevor's Avatar
284
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: 340i Hearse
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Thank you for that OP. I'm going to Germany in May, so will use this.

In my m135i it was a bit scary over 140 mph, the car didn't feel too reassuring at that speed. This year I'm hoping to close the speedo in the heavier Touring.
__________________
Current: F31 340i SuperMan Touring
Previous: F21 m135i Man box
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
mikeoz
Brigadier General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
2212
Rep
4,919
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrevor View Post
Thank you for that OP. I'm going to Germany in May, so will use this.

In my m135i it was a bit scary over 140 mph, the car didn't feel too reassuring at that speed. This year I'm hoping to close the speedo in the heavier Touring.
Funny iv heard that before about the 135i at high speeds
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
mikeoz
Brigadier General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
2212
Rep
4,919
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix-d View Post
So, I was planning my trip to Germany for Easter and found this excellent site which plots your route AND gives fuel prices at all petrol stations- within a defined radius, ranging from 5km to 20km.

http://tanken.t-online.de/

Search radius is "Umkreis".

Pic below to show key elements of how to use the site. So, filling up at the cheapest location is only 96 cents/litre and it's only a few minutes off the autobahn. Even more interesting, the best time to buy is between 1100 to 1300!


Attachment 1386777


For iPhones 'Spritpreismonitor' works well and is downloadable from UK iTunes.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/spri...913908627?mt=8

I'm looking forward to letting my F30 330d stretch its legs on the autobahn

Los Gehts!
Good find.
It's the same as uk and most places. Avoid rip off motorway service holes for the best prices.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #6
StraightSix-d
Private First Class
StraightSix-d's Avatar
United Kingdom
56
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: F30 330d Luxury (2015)
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alscoob View Post
You'll enjoy that....I did on my last trip to Bremen flat out bit scary but great all you have to watch out for is those dam Merc Sprinter vans... how do they go so quick
My favourite moment on the Autobahn was overtaking a police car doing about 120mph.. and the fastest vehicle on the road/motorway isn't a 330d, it's a white van/Merc Sprinter
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------
F30 330d LCI Luxury (2015) Review
E90 325d (LCI) - gone..
Review
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2016, 03:17 AM   #7
tinytrevor
Captain
tinytrevor's Avatar
284
Rep
642
Posts

Drives: 340i Hearse
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Glasgow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix-d View Post
My favourite moment on the Autobahn was overtaking a police car doing about 120mph.. and the fastest vehicle on the road/motorway isn't a 330d, it's a white van/Merc Sprinter
German equivalent of a standard 'white van', do these come in a V6 guise since it's Germany?

I was amused when I was overtaken by a hellish sounding m5, these battleships do sound mean when pushed hard.
__________________
Current: F31 340i SuperMan Touring
Previous: F21 m135i Man box
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 03:22 AM   #8
Drisser
Major
448
Rep
1,392
Posts

Drives: BMW 330d/Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Norfolk

iTrader: (0)

Enjoy.. I will be taking the 330d to France in the summer so interested to hear how it runs on a European jaunt..
__________________
330d Sdrive, Estoril Blue & Saddle Leather, MS+, Prof Nav, HUD. Weekend Fun - Portofino Blue Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo (never getting sold). 2017 build slot for the M2
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 06:13 AM   #9
Grammar51
Private
12
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: BMW 330D MSport (MY 2016)
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Manchester, UK

iTrader: (0)

If on german Autobahns and in need of fuel, you should look for signs for "Autohof".

Autohofs are typically truckstop type places just off the autobahn, but with access off and back on to the autobahn. The fuel there is considerably cheaper than at the services on the autobahn.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2016, 07:11 AM   #10
mikeoz
Brigadier General
mikeoz's Avatar
United Kingdom
2212
Rep
4,919
Posts

Drives: BMW X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: cambs

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix-d View Post
My favourite moment on the Autobahn was overtaking a police car doing about 120mph.. and the fastest vehicle on the road/motorway isn't a 330d, it's a white van/Merc Sprinter
You don't realise how fast these are or how fast a Rep mobile Passat TDI is until you drive in Germany
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #11
StraightSix-d
Private First Class
StraightSix-d's Avatar
United Kingdom
56
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: F30 330d Luxury (2015)
Join Date: May 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Well, the fastest thing I've encountered so far was a fully pimped out VW Van (Max Power style) doing about 140mph. I saw it in my rear view mirror and got out of the way
__________________
--------------------------------------------------------
F30 330d LCI Luxury (2015) Review
E90 325d (LCI) - gone..
Review
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
autobahn, fuel price, germany, route planning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST