F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
ARMA SPEED

11-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #133
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Ron you like my spot

Easy access just like she likes it

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 07:19 PM   #134
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Btw Dejan_ bimmerpost does allow multiple post via the app done it myself except it sucks because it will shrink the image (email it to yourself, d/l it on the pc and upload it from there better)

Nice routing, you and ronanz giving some good ideas

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      11-30-2016, 07:44 PM   #135
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Btw Dejan_ bimmerpost does allow multiple post via the app done it myself except it sucks because it will shrink the image (email it to yourself, d/l it on the pc and upload it from there better)

Nice routing, you and ronanz giving some good ideas
It won't let me. I attach 2 or 3 pics and it only posts 1.

Ya I would have been neater on the routing but it's too damn cold and I'm just happy to have bm3 finally running and using it.
      11-30-2016, 08:35 PM   #136
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

Apparently I'm one of the few cars that don't have that compartment lol that's where my lane assist controls are. The ones that vibrate the steering wheel if it detects something in the next lane when I put my blinker on.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 08:36 PM   #137
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obriennathaniel View Post
Apparently I'm one of the few cars that don't have that compartment lol that's where my lane assist controls are. The ones that vibrate the steering wheel if it detects something in the next lane when I put my blinker on.
Well you had to go and get all fancy n s$&t :

Now you have no room for the important goodies
      11-30-2016, 09:06 PM   #138
Gr-Racing
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, F30 335i, 1986 K75

What should i get firts JB4 or bm3?

Deff getting both
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 09:54 PM   #139
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr-Racing View Post
What should i get firts JB4 or bm3?

Deff getting both
Thanks
BM3 if you want flash tunes and remote tuning. But you're gonna have to wait as the maps are
In beta and still coming out week to week.
      11-30-2016, 10:50 PM   #140
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

lol came with the car CPO, I don't even use it. Its been turned off since day one. Id much rather have that compartment haha.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 11:10 PM   #141
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

lol came with the car CPO, I don't even use it. Its been turned off since day one. Id much rather have that compartment haha.
Yup I love it. It's where I store my gun

I went CPO too. Only regret of not getting was EDC. Everything else I learned from my 1st f30 that was fully optioned. I got just what I wanted/needed this time.
      11-30-2016, 11:37 PM   #142
Gr-Racing
First Lieutenant
Rep

So even if i use a laptop or agent i need a device ANDROI/ISO to have hotspot build in it?

If your piggy banking with the jb4 can you use their app for the gauges and datalogin?
Would it be the same data?

Can i use the jb4 app to make small changes and keep a laptop in the car for the big ones? <also applys to the firts question

Im guessing the jb4 is going to be hardwire in sinced the ob2 port will be use for the laptop?

Last edited by Gr-Racing; 11-30-2016 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 12:48 AM   #143
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I went CPO too. Only regret of not getting was EDC. Everything else I learned from my 1st f30 that was fully optioned. I got just what I wanted/needed this time.
lol I just keep mine between my seat and center console. It's def. not concealed but if I get pulled over I slide it under my seat.

My windows are also 5% tint and 30% across my entire windshield so it's impossible to see inside my car during the day when it's parked ?

Also I just now discovered the Bimmerpost app....I'm mad I never new about this.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 1
Stubok471.50
      12-01-2016, 12:51 AM   #144
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So even if i use a laptop or agent i need a device ANDROI/ISO to have hotspot build in it?

If your piggy banking with the jb4 can you use their app for the gauges and datalogin?

Can i use the jb4 app to make small changes and keep a laptop in the car for the big ones? <also applys to the firts question

Im guessing the jb4 is going to be hardwire in sinced the ob2 port will be use for the laptop?
You can't use a jb4 and log with the BM3 at the same time. The jb4 will interfere and the BM3 live dash won't function unless your jb4 is in map 0 and the jb connect app is disconnected/or USB from jb4 to laptop is disconnected.

I have a stacked setup, so I flash with the BM3, but log with the JB4. If I need to make adjustments to the jb4 I do so, if the flash needs adjustments then Ricardo from ACF will send me a new tune file and I flash it with the BM3.

Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      12-01-2016, 03:44 AM   #145
M-terkait
Major
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 3/13

Quote:
atleast you have something over there, mine has no pocket or anything also my rear seats aren't foldable not sure why these things aren't in the standard features for Middle east
      12-01-2016, 04:05 AM   #146
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-terkait View Post
Quote:
atleast you have something over there, mine has no pocket or anything also my rear seats aren't foldable not sure why these things aren't in the standard features for Middle east
Lol mine is just a panel. It's removable, but not very easily, so useless when it comes to hiding things behind it. It's where I mounted the subwoofer volume control, drilled a small hole and mounted it right up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 08:11 AM   #147
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lol mine is just a panel. It's removable, but not very easily, so useless when it comes to hiding things behind it. It's where I mounted the subwoofer volume control, drilled a small hole and mounted it right up.
Nate fwiw I saw a guy buy the cubby compartment and make/cut slots inside for his lane departure-steering wheel vibrate and whatever other buttons you have there and put them inside the cubby.

He was upset to losing the storage and wanted it.

Just fiy I can be done .

Oh lmfao about the app...it's been out for a few years
      12-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #148
HKD126
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, 2009 335xi

Quote:

Exactly where I keep mine as well. I love that compartment.
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      12-01-2016, 01:23 PM   #149
obriennathaniel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nate fwiw I saw a guy buy the cubby compartment and make/cut slots inside for his lane departure-steering wheel vibrate and whatever other buttons you have there and put them inside the cubby.

Just fiy I can be done .

Eh, too much work for me right now lol if I get bored I'll consider it.

And yea I'm a little disappointed, this app is legit as hell! Can't believe I've been missing out for so long. Way easier to post pictures now.

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #150
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: powered by bootmod3

MPI (Miami Performance Inc) added to the authorized unlock dealer listing in the OP. Great option for anyone in South Florida. Alex there is running with bootmod3 on his 235i
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      12-01-2016, 05:36 PM   #151
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
MPI (Miami Performance Inc) added to the authorized unlock dealer listing in the OP. Great option for anyone in South Florida. Alex there is running with bootmod3 on his 235i
Anyone in the Middle East area going to be on the list of official dealers? Especially Lebanon?
      12-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #152
Gr-Racing
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Any help on Q's 1&4?

Focus lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #153
Alex@VNV-Speed
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 ACF Tuned 385xi

Quote:
Quote:

Any help on Q's 1&4?

Focus lol
No need for hotspot unless you're mobile. Home WiFi works if you're at home or you can tether from any personal hotspot device. iPhone android little standalone personal hotspots etc all will work.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 06:58 PM   #154
Alex@VNV-Speed
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 ACF Tuned 385xi

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just fiy I can be done .

Eh, too much work for me right now lol if I get bored I'll consider it.

And yea I'm a little disappointed, this app is legit as hell! Can't believe I've been missing out for so long. Way easier to post pictures now.
Was really easy to retrofit the drivers side glove box. I installed my switches on the back and also have 2 other control boxes mounted inside.
Appreciate 0