F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Front Turn Signal Socket Damaged. Cant Remove
GetBMWParts

10-19-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Jnursey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Front Turn Signal Socket Damaged. Cant Remove

A portion of the drivers side turn signal socket somehow was damaged. It seems the "tab/handle" portion has been ripped off, making it potentially impossible to remove from the headlight housing in a conventional way.

Below shows how it looks when looking in from the wheel well. I also posted a picture of what the socket is supposed to look like when removed. The silver/grey portion with the handle is what is missing as you can probably see.

Has anyone else ever had this issue or know of a thread that talks about it. I am planning on buying a new socket and removing the wheel and hopefully getting in there with some sort of tool to forcefully remove whats left of the socket/bulb, and then replacing it with the new socket.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
expl0de
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 320d and e92 320i

Just grab it with pliers and rotate counterclockwise. It should come easy. You can also try by pushing with two sticks in opposite directions from both ends. Not necessary to remove the wheel, just make full turn and unbolt the wheel liner.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I don't think even Houdini could remove the wheel liner without pulling the wheel first. Even if you managed it's really hard to see what you're doing in there, and hard to put some light on the subject with the wheel in the way.
Appreciate 0