F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Das speeden ticketen
Extreme Powerhouse

07-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #23
Nobby Clark
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F36 430d xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bbo View Post
If I had this conversation down the pub, with my mates, it'd go: "Gents, what do you reckon?" and they'd either say "it's annoying but cough up," or "I know a number of people who didn't pay as they thought it was too much dosh and nothing came of it."

Problem with this forum sometimes is people like to get all pissy and moral high-ground - let's call it 'being an Alex'. (Or 'being a fanny').

I'm not saying I didn't do it. I'm not saying that really yes, it'll probably have to get paid. I just forgot that this isn't an overly masculine forum and people like to get a bit antsy.

I think Wills2 is the only one who has got it right: "OP you'll have to pay the fine but 300 euros is a piss take."
Just like Alex, you need to read what was written. Or more to the point what you wrote and not go off on tenuous side stories. You asked if you needed to pay the fine. Not if the fine was justified, reasonable or otherwise.

If you are asking if the fine is just, then, as others have said, yes. No points and a fine - just deal with it. It’s not the end of the world. But if you want Wills2 to cuddle you and make you feel better, well what the hell , let’s group hug. Yes it’s unfair, there are far worse crimes than speeding, 300 euros is a lot of money

Feel better now?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2018, 02:51 PM   #24
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Quote:
If I had this conversation down the pub, with my mates, it'd go: "Gents, what do you reckon?" and they'd either say "it's annoying but cough up," or "I know a number of people who didn't pay as they thought it was too much dosh and nothing came of it."

Problem with this forum sometimes is people like to get all pissy and moral high-ground - let's call it 'being an Alex'. (Or 'being a fanny').

I'm not saying I didn't do it. I'm not saying that really yes, it'll probably have to get paid. I just forgot that this isn't an overly masculine forum and people like to get a bit antsy.

I think Wills2 is the only one who has got it right: "OP you'll have to pay the fine but 300 euros is a piss take."
Indeed mate, too many people ready to jump on people on the internet, poor form, especially as they are habitual speeders themselves! Oh the irony.

Although there are many decent posters on here there are a few Alex types in training, God he was cock.
They need sending up to Broncho for de-tamponising

There's certainly a lot more sanctimonious old women on here than you'd expect from a bunch of supposed male petrol-heads.
Appreciate 1
Wills28654.50
      08-09-2018, 05:32 AM   #25
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Gents - do I need to pay Dutch speeding tickets?

If I don't, will I get finger-bummed next time I pass from Schipol?

300 euros that I'd rather spend on beer, but I visit Holland a fair bit on business so will cough up if need be.
Spoke to a “ friend” about this and he reckoned that for you it’s a potential win win all round

A you hooned around in Dutchland got fined and may not pay

B when you return you get a FREE finger bumming - that’s 300 euros extra in certain areas I’m told.

Winner winner chicken dinner
      08-12-2018, 12:58 PM   #26
FSE23
Major
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
They just need to raise the speed limits on NSL roads it's crazy that a made up number 50 years ago is still inforce against a modern car.
Well, I drive Corsa from time to time and I still can see that I’m one of the fastest drivers on Motorway even if I hardly ever can go over 70 mph. What is wrong with people? Going 45 mph on a middle lane they still think they drive safely

2007 E92 335i BS ultimate drive
Appreciate 0