F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dropped my car off at Crevier BMW this morning - amazing how rude BMW owners were
Extreme Powerhouse

07-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Dropped my car off at Crevier BMW this morning - amazing how rude BMW owners were

It's finally time to use my warranty. Got a few issues at 64k miles:

-oil filter housing leak
-popping steering rack
-inoperable RL turn signal and brake light.

Also seeing if there's any chance they will cover walnut blasting for the random vibrations I've had while coming to a stop (sort of feels like bad motor mounts), but I have very low expectations there. Not impressed with the long term quality, but I'm glad I purchased my first extended warranty with my first German car.

It was incredible how rude the other owners were while dropping their cars off this morning! One guy was yelling at his service advisor and then yelled how bad service was toward me as I was walking out to my loaner.

I didn't see one single person treat an employee with respect besides myself. None of them made eye contact. They were all so bitter that it was dreadful and uncomfortable even being near them. Maybe because it was 7am and everyone was still sleepy. Hopefully it's not reflective of my experience I'll be having at Crevier.

I could never treat a person so below myself like this group of owners I encountered!
      07-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
It's not fair to attribute this to BMW owners. This is a common societal problem.
Appreciate 4
jeffc83725.00
Wires1645.50
      07-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
It's not fair to attribute this to BMW owners. This is a common societal problem.
Not all bmw owners, of course.

Definitely *these* bmw owners. If I only wrote "owners" it would have been unclear whether I was talking about the car owners or dealership owners.
      07-20-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
eraxy
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 3

Thats because most BMW owners are multiple times for the same shitty problems at the dealer and getting more angry every time...
Appreciate 4
      07-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

As tex2670 mentioned, that's just not right as it's a huge problem throughout our country but I can see "why" you said it as I see it too. Many many years in and out of the Caddy dealer; no problems and even had convos with other owners. BMW? I always bring my popcorn with....oh and both Dealerships are in Doylestown about a mile or so away from each other

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #6
Coercion Shaman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Audi A5 Prestige S/B

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
I was about to say the same thing. I think I often receive better treatment because I talk to people like.... people.

Sometimes the ire and angst may be deserved (bad dealership?), but you still don't yell at people and act like they are any less human.
      07-20-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
paul e
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive 6MT

I’ve often wondered what these idiots who yell and treat the people serving them with disrespect and abuse think they are going to get? I mean, if it was a restaurant I’d be wondering about the food....
Anyway, it could be much worse. You could be in some kind of relationship with one of these morons.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
adhrp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i (G30)/2021 X3 (G02)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul e View Post
I’ve often wondered what these idiots who yell and treat the people serving them with disrespect and abuse think they are going to get? I mean, if it was a restaurant I’d be wondering about the food....
Anyway, it could be much worse. You could be in some kind of relationship with one of these morons.
I reckon many (if not all) of these are people in positions of power who are used to getting things done by yelling (and receiving no pushback). They probably don't realize that outside of their ivory tower, there could be negative consequences for their actions. For these same reasons, they have probably also lost sight of the fact that other humans are capable of being reasoned with through civil discourse rather than being yelled at and commanded like animals.

Sold/Retired: 2012 328i (F30)
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2018, 11:51 AM   #9
Tyresian
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 230xi

#NotAllBMWOwners

I'm curious, is this dealership where you live or in a different city?

I'd think the people going to the dealership would reflective the general attitude of people in the area.

I've always seen everyone on both sides have good experiences at my dealership. It is actually part of the reason I was more inclined to stick with BMW vs Alfa Romeo which is a shared Porsche / Jaguar / Maserati building and the sales guy for Alfa made me feel like I was beneath him and didn't even want to sell me a car. On the other hand I had previously worked with a Porsche salesman there who was fantastic to work with and gave me a great dealership experience.

I know at one point we looked at moving to a new city in a different state but I couldn't stand how fake all the people felt so ultimately we didn't move as the job opportunity wouldn't have been worth the poor people experience.
      07-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #10
enjoythemusic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Dinan Stage 4

At BMW Sarasota FL everyone is happy.... customers, workers, service people, techs.

Maybe it is time to move? We have the USA's #1 rated beach (Siesta Key) too. SoBe aint so bad either

Steven
2014 435i M-Opt, M LSD, Dinan CAI/IC/BTurbo/Stage 4, ER TIC/CP, GFB DV+, Fabspeed HJS cat DP & Mich PS4S.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #11
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettKA7 View Post

-oil filter housing leak
-popping steering rack

Also seeing if there's any chance they will cover walnut blasting for the random vibrations I've had while coming to a stop (sort of feels like bad motor mounts), but I have very low expectations there. Not impressed with the long term quality, but I'm glad I purchased my first extended warranty with my first German car.

It was incredible how rude the other owners were while dropping their cars off this morning! One guy was yelling at his service advisor and then yelled how bad service was toward me as I was walking out to my loaner.

I didn't see one single person treat an employee with respect besides myself. None of them made eye contact. They were all so bitter that it was dreadful and uncomfortable even being near them. Maybe because it was 7am and everyone was still sleepy. Hopefully it's not reflective of my experience I'll be having at Crevier.

I could never treat a person so below myself like this group of owners I encountered!
Yet you refer to them as stealerships....

Quote:
Weren't these taking out whole engines *and* turbos to equate to about $15-20k for a swap at the stealership?
As do many others denying how they treat their Dealership
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #12
Cyanfall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 f32 440i coupe

Garage List
People got pissed when bad things happentp them. Different people have different threshold, yours probably higher than theirs, thats about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 12:18 PM   #13
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

-oil filter housing leak
-popping steering rack

Had all these issues and more within 50K miles, all taken care of. My dealer is amazing, they replaced by worn out brakes twice, both front and rear.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
Blubaron79
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

This is why my old and new SA love me. I treat them with respect and bring them booze.

Previous: '18 340i xDrive; '15 335 xDrive; '14 435i xDrive; '09 335 E92 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 12:29 PM   #15
valve float
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: b6 a4 avant 6sp, e90 M3 6sp

just wait until you're on your 3rd steering rack with no solution on the horizon...

i'm sure you'll be all smiles and giggles then...

most SAs' and warranty claims could melt the grace of the Dalai Lama...

but then why the heck would he be in a bimmer in the first place...but i digress

seriously...i wish you good luck in your dealings...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 12:37 PM   #16
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Crevier BMW has terrible service advisers. I finally found a really good one when I went last year, but of course the guy left by the time I had to schedule my next service.

Anyway, avoid Ralph. He's by far the worst service adviser I've ever dealt with. Just a really lazy person.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #17
LMK5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i Imperial Bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Crevier BMW has terrible service advisers. I finally found a really good one when I went last year, but of course the guy left by the time I had to schedule my next service.

Anyway, avoid Ralph. He's by far the worst service adviser I've ever dealt with. Just a really lazy person.
I also go to Crevier. I've only seen a couple of spirited exchanges between customers and SAs, but OC is an affluent area, and many of the BMW drivers may feel high and mighty. I find that people treat service advisers the same way they treat waiters at restaurants. The customer knows they are in a position to be served, but many abuse their power.

A key issue at Crevier service is that it's too crowded and hectic. You need to take a Valium with your breakfast to survive it. It feels like you're driving up to a terminal at LAX. The environment doesn't engender goodwill towards your fellow man. You have to wait a while for an SA to get to you. And it's true, most of the SAs are bad. They don't call you to update you on your car, you have to call and chase them down. I also found a great SA there last year, but of course he left. The trick is to take your car there at 11AM when they've slowed down. I continue to go there because they're polite, have loaner cars, and they've never scratched my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:26 PM   #18
adhrp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i (G30)/2021 X3 (G02)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMK5 View Post
A key issue at Crevier service is that it's too crowded and hectic.
This is true in NJ as well (and other densely populated regions of the country I guess). The nearest dealerships to me are so crowded that I'd rather just go to my indy even for oil changes which are always on special at the dealership and priced the same as my indy.

Sold/Retired: 2012 328i (F30)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #19
LMK5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i Imperial Bloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhrp View Post
This is true in NJ as well (and other densely populated regions of the country I guess). The nearest dealerships to me are so crowded that I'd rather just go to my indy even for oil changes which are always on special at the dealership and priced the same as my indy.
Where in NJ are you? I grew up in North Bergen in Hudson County.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #20
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by valve float View Post
just wait until you're on your 3rd steering rack with no solution on the horizon...

i'm sure you'll be all smiles and giggles then...

most SAs' and warranty claims could melt the grace of the Dalai Lama...

but then why the heck would he be in a bimmer in the first place...but i digress

seriously...i wish you good luck in your dealings...
3rd steering rack?... have you looked into lemon law?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 04:42 PM   #21
rayxi
researcher
Rep
Drives: '15 328i xDrive

Some people feel that if they exaggerate their reaction to an issue that it will warrant a concession of some sort to their benefit. I find that in many situations, the angry/rude party will cause a scene just to get something that they want as an incentive to deescalate the situation.

Unfortunately, I think it works. Which is clearly reinforcing bad behavior.
      07-20-2018, 05:27 PM   #22
gbca2000
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

I take my 2018 440GC to Concord BMW and so far have been very pleased. Granted I have only been in twice and the car is still pretty new. The SA's seem pretty knowledgeable and are pleasant.
Appreciate 0