F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
Extreme Powerhouse

11-12-2021, 06:55 AM   #4049
klepic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
So which unit did you get exactly?

As for the split screen, it should work the same as on any other Android device but not all app might support that.
I am honestly not sure about which one I got.

About split screen, I would not like to have split iDrive screen. I would like it to be stretched on the whole screen, which is not the case now. Not sure how I can fix that.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 07:16 AM   #4050
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by klepic View Post
I am honestly not sure about which one I got.

About split screen, I would not like to have split iDrive screen. I would like it to be stretched on the whole screen, which is not the case now. Not sure how I can fix that.
Ok, if I'm to help you I need to know what unit you got exactly (maybe upload a picture of your system info screen - the one with the MCU and APP version) and also I need to know what OEM iDrive you have.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 10:02 AM   #4051
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ok, if I'm to help you I need to know what unit you got exactly (maybe upload a picture of your system info screen - the one with the MCU and APP version) and also I need to know what OEM iDrive you have.
Idrive system is from 2012, CIC, basic navi, 6.5' screen. Now its upgraded to this one:https://ibb.co/S5cFBYs
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:57 PM   #4052
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Idrive system is from 2012, CIC, basic navi, 6.5' screen. Now its upgraded to this one:https://ibb.co/S5cFBYs
No wonder it works smoothly... it's not an Android 10, it's a fake. It is running either Android 9 or 8.1 but as long as you're happy with that, then it's fine.

You need to code your EntryNav to 8.8" screen, only then it will fill in the full width of the screen.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #4053
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
No wonder it works smoothly... it's not an Android 10, it's a fake. It is running either Android 9 or 8.1 but as long as you're happy with that, then it's fine.

You need to code your EntryNav to 8.8" screen, only then it will fill in the full width of the screen.

Yeah man! Everything works great. Cant be happier!

What I have to code exactly in Bimmercode in order to fill full width?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 12:43 AM   #4054
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Yeah man! Everything works great. Cant be happier!

What I have to code exactly in Bimmercode in order to fill full width?
You will need to go into expert mode and code these two things:

HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480

HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 06:21 AM   #4055
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
You will need to go into expert mode and code these two things:

HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480

HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
This doesn't work for me since my HU is not NBT. It is CIC, and since that I do not havd DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION. I only have DISPLAY_VARIANTE.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 07:55 AM   #4056
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
This doesn't work for me since my HU is not NBT. It is CIC, and since that I do not havd DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION. I only have DISPLAY_VARIANTE.
I never used Bimmercode, but in eSYS you can search phrases and keywords. If Bimmercode has that function as well, search DISPLAY and look through every result.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #4057
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I never used Bimmercode, but in eSYS you can search phrases and keywords. If Bimmercode has that function as well, search DISPLAY and look through every result.
Yeah, done that but it seems I cannot find good match.

Which option and resolution you choose on Android side?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 01:54 AM   #4058
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:

Yeah, done that but it seems I cannot find good match.

Which option and resolution you choose on Android side?
I don't know how OEM screen selection looks like on this unit, but generally there is no resolution selection, only screen size. Screen size should match what you had before, so in your case 6.5". If you set it to 8.8" the whole image would be stretched and distorted. The only way to fix that is to code your CIC to 8.8".
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:13 AM   #4059
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I don't know how OEM screen selection looks like on this unit, but generally there is no resolution selection, only screen size. Screen size should match what you had before, so in your case 6.5". If you set it to 8.8" the whole image would be stretched and distorted. The only way to fix that is to code your CIC to 8.8".
I see. I will have to investigate a bit about coding this without Bimmercode, since I have no this option in bimmercode. Guess I will need some help
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 07:50 AM   #4060
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
I see. I will have to investigate a bit about coding this without Bimmercode, since I have no this option in bimmercode. Guess I will need some help
I never coded F series CIC so I'm not the best source of information here, but Google "EntryNav 8.8" screen retrofit" and you should find relevant info.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 11:26 AM   #4061
apa6
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

bluetooth dropped out in android 10.25
MCU: .... CCC-GTL-190718A-B18
APP Ver: Ksw -....._ OS_v3.8.5
System ver: 9-8953EA

A full reset was done, I also did a separate reset of the wi-fi settings - it did not help.
In the main window, the name itself changed to the stock GOCSDK, the password is 0000, Auto Answer is on, it finds the device but does not keep the connection, i.e. disconnection occurs
In addition, there is a void in the Bluetooth / NFC settings - blank space in settings.

The wire connections have been checked, everything is in order.
Presumably there are two options:
1) Problem with software and drivers (bluetooth crashed programmatically)
2) The problem with the hardware itself, where a physical replacement of the luetooth board is required.

Do we have bright minds here who have gone through this problem?
https://ds-blobs-3.cdn.devapps.ru/24282913.jpg - picture of bluetooth settings.

Last edited by apa6; 11-14-2021 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 05:00 PM   #4062
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I never coded F series CIC so I'm not the best source of information here, but Google "EntryNav 8.8" screen retrofit" and you should find relevant info.
Thanks anyway for helping me out past few days!

If anyone knows more about stretching CIC Idrive from 6.5 to 10.25, let me know please.

Another question: Anyone knows how to change annoying start up logo(before animation)? Before booting got Warning Logo before BMW animation and just want to replace that.

This one:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 06:04 PM   #4063
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Thanks anyway for helping me out past few days!

If anyone knows more about stretching CIC Idrive from 6.5 to 10.25, let me know please.

Another question: Anyone knows how to change annoying start up logo(before animation)? Before booting got Warning Logo before BMW animation and just want to replace that.

This one:
Cannot code (Bimmercode, etc) OEM CIC unit from 6.5 to 10.25. I went through that and only can do 8.8. I retrofitted my OEM Entry HU to NBT and that's when the 10.25 option showed up. If I remember correctly, in Android you can stretch a CIC to 10.25 but will look like it lost some resolution (bigger/blurry).

Is that an Android bootup logo? If you look my posts from about 2 months ago, RedErik helped me get rid of the default Android start up logo and was able to install his custom factory-look "BMW Connected" logo.

Last edited by fe7565; 11-14-2021 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 01:31 AM   #4064
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
Cannot code (Bimmercode, etc) OEM CIC unit from 6.5 to 10.25. I went through that and only can do 8.8. I retrofitted my OEM Entry HU to NBT and that's when the 10.25 option showed up. If I remember correctly, in Android you can stretch a CIC to 10.25 but will look like it lost some resolution (bigger/blurry).

Is that an Android bootup logo? If you look my posts from about 2 months ago, RedErik helped me get rid of the default Android start up logo and was able to install his custom factory-look "BMW Connected" logo.
You are correct, you cannot code EntryNav to 10.25", but you can to 8.8" which is the same aspect ratio as 10.25" and it would look ok on Android screen. Provided that this actually is EntryNav and not just Entry unit.

As for this logo, well these tools and methods won't work on this unit, it's not a Snapdragon device and it's certainly not running a genuine Android 10. Maybe, just maybe the PX6 method would work but I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 01:48 AM   #4065
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You are correct, you cannot code EntryNav to 10.25", but you can to 8.8" which is the same aspect ratio as 10.25" and it would look ok on Android screen. Provided that this actually is EntryNav and not just Entry unit.

As for this logo, well these tools and methods won't work on this unit, it's not a Snapdragon device and it's certainly not running a genuine Android 10. Maybe, just maybe the PX6 method would work but I doubt it.
So I have to use tool which you mentioned earlier to code CIC to 8.8''? Is it hard to be done?

Regarding the boot, yes this is Android Boot image before it gets to really nice M BMW booting logo. However, I would like to remove the Warning picture. I managed to put picture in logo folders and run that, but it just goes over Warning one and I can see both of them and it's really ugly.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 02:28 AM   #4066
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
So I have to use tool which you mentioned earlier to code CIC to 8.8''? Is it hard to be done?

Regarding the boot, yes this is Android Boot image before it gets to really nice M BMW booting logo. However, I would like to remove the Warning picture. I managed to put picture in logo folders and run that, but it just goes over Warning one and I can see both of them and it's really ugly.
I don't what tool are we talking about anymore. Bimmercode? Should be relatively easy - never used one before. eSYS? It requires eNET cable and there is a learning curve to it but that's the most powerful tool one can get.

Boot logo? Sorry mate, as I mentioned before this is not a genuine Android 10 unit, I have no clue how to help you out with it. I can only suggest to look for something like factory settings that might be PIN protected and check all the settings there. But I don't even know if have such thing as factory settings - again, not a genuine unit.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #4067
klepic
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I don't what tool are we talking about anymore. Bimmercode? Should be relatively easy - never used one before. eSYS? It requires eNET cable and there is a learning curve to it but that's the most powerful tool one can get.

Boot logo? Sorry mate, as I mentioned before this is not a genuine Android 10 unit, I have no clue how to help you out with it. I can only suggest to look for something like factory settings that might be PIN protected and check all the settings there. But I don't even know if have such thing as factory settings - again, not a genuine unit.
Bimmercode is not doi g the work :/ Already tried.

I have never tried eSYS, and I am completly lost with it - dont know where to start.

Regarding the logo, I got factory settings protected with pin and I can find the folder with Warning logo. I pasted some custom pictures there, however pictures only blends with small portion of the screen when Warning picture pops - up.

Another question - when changing driving mode via buttons and I am in android syatem, I do t get visual pixture that my mode is changed. I only get this while in iDrive menu. Anyone have the same issue?
Also, I have sports display only on Adroid side. Is there any similar app on android side?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 05:23 PM   #4068
Konradical6
Private
Rep
Drives: E70

Is there a way to power up the unit without installing it. Buying a used unit and want to see it working. I've seen videos with people showing it powered on uninstalled.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 05:51 PM   #4069
Zac110
Rep

Hey guys

I've had my android navigation unit running android 9 since 2019 not even realising there existed a whole community on this forum regarding mods and updates, going through these pages has been a revelation for sure lol.

I was wondering if someone could be kind enough to help, I've recently managed to get the android unit into recovery mode when it starts. Unfortunately, it's only option on the recovery screen is try again or perform a factory reset using the volume up and down buttons etc. I am unable to select either option due to no buttons and connecting a USB keyboard has not worked.

Can someone point me in the right direction regarding booting the unit with a fresh android or if there is a way to boot it without losing my original data?

Much Appreciated.

Zac
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 06:58 PM   #4070
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Bimmercode is not doi g the work :/ Already tried.

I have never tried eSYS, and I am completly lost with it - dont know where to start.

Regarding the logo, I got factory settings protected with pin and I can find the folder with Warning logo. I pasted some custom pictures there, however pictures only blends with small portion of the screen when Warning picture pops - up.

Another question - when changing driving mode via buttons and I am in android syatem, I do t get visual pixture that my mode is changed. I only get this while in iDrive menu. Anyone have the same issue?
Also, I have sports display only on Adroid side. Is there any similar app on android side?
You would need to follow online guides and tutorials for eSYS, there is simply too mach to explain in a single post.

I cannot help you with the warning message. Normally you should be able to replace that whit whatever image you want, but I don't know how to do that properly on your unit.

You cannot see mode changes while in Android. Android simply doesn't support that. In fact Android doesn't support any of the iDrive features - you won't see your service history, modes, economy, vehicle settings etc. None of that is supported. Android is just a separate system that hooks up to car's CAN bus to access buttons and pull some very basic information like ignition state etc.

Usually Snapdragon units have these awful gauges to show speed and RPM, but if you're looking for power and torque, again, this data is not available to Android.
Appreciate 0