F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 BMW 340 M Performance Exhaust
Extreme Powerhouse

06-30-2016, 02:12 PM   #23
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeleeyh View Post
Just confirming, Dinan is covered by BMW warranty?

Thanks,
I think it's more correct to say Dinan will cover the existing BMW warranty than to say BMW will warranty a Dinan product. My understanding is if BMW denied a warranty claim due to the Dinan product then Dinan will pick up warranty coverage for any issue caused by their product but I don't have any Dinan products and probably should have kept my mouth shut, I'm sure someone will flame me and straighten this out for us if I'm too far off.

Last edited by Beek; 06-30-2016 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #24
mikeleeyh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
I think it's more correct to say Dinan will cover the existing BMW warranty than to say BMW will warranty a Dinan product. My understanding is if BMW denied a warranty claim due to the Dinan product then Dinan will pick up warranty coverage for any issue caused by their product but I don't have any Dinan products and probably should have kept my mouth shut, I'm sure someone will flame me and straighten this out for us if I'm too far off.
Thank you for this. Makes a lot of sense.

MPPK is still not out for the car
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #25
soultraveler00
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 Bmw M5

It doesn't look like the July reports were accurate. Someone who deals with the BMW parts department directly told me that they are still waiting on the correct paper work on these parts. I think that means it has still not gone thru inspection and emissions.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 10:24 AM   #26
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

When its that time of the year and i have to swap out my catless dp. I dont understand how some can enjoy the car driving with just a mp exhaust, its just too quiet for me. I definitly recommend going catless dp.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 10:40 AM   #27
mikeleeyh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlthnmrdrd View Post
When its that time of the year and i have to swap out my catless dp. I dont understand how some can enjoy the car driving with just a mp exhaust, its just too quiet for me. I definitly recommend going catless dp.
is the MPE that quiet?

So you recommend catless dp and stock exhaust?
I was going to go for the MPPK, but seems like it won't be available anytime soon.

Need options!!

I'm also considering Dinan now!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #28
mtndog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c, 992GTS, x5 M60

Quote:
is the MPE that quiet?

I was going to go for the MPPK, but seems like it won't be available anytime soon.

Need options!!

Take a look at the AWE Touring exhaust plus mid pipe. No messing around with the DP.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 10:01 PM   #29
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
is the MPE that quiet?

Need options!!

im still waiting for mppsk...unless something else better can also protect my warranty
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #30
mikeleeyh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmplaya View Post
im still waiting for mppsk...unless something else better can also protect my warranty
+1, same here buddy
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #31
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep

Quote:
is the MPE that quiet?

Need options!!

To my ears i think the mpe is still quiet. i spent less than 900 for my set up (mpe + catless dp) and i love the sound. the awe goes for around 1800 about (including the mid pipe). i'd rather spend that type of money on a decent coilover setup (thats just me). BTW you wont have any warranty issues if u get catless downpipes/exhaust. I got my car serviced @ bmwnyc underwarranty with bms intake, charge pipe without a prob and my buddy at the service center told me that they dont really look at catless downpipe, charge pipe and intake. Heres a video of my setup.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #32
mtndog
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c, 992GTS, x5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlthnmrdrd View Post
To my ears i think the mpe is still quiet. i spent less than 900 for my set up (mpe + catless dp) and i love the sound. the awe goes for around 1800 about (including the mid pipe). i'd rather spend that type of money on a decent coilover setup (thats just me). BTW you wont have any warranty issues if u get catless downpipes/exhaust. I got my car serviced @ bmwnyc underwarranty with bms intake, charge pipe without a prob and my buddy at the service center told me that they dont really look at catless downpipe, charge pipe and intake
Please enlighten me where I can get a dp and mpe for less than $900 for a 340. IMO AWE is one of the best out there. $1800 is a little steep but worth it. Also, how are you clearing the CEL from the dp without software (jb4)?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #33
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndog View Post
Please enlighten me where I can get a dp and mpe for less than $900 for a 340. IMO AWE is one of the best out there. $1800 is a little steep but worth it. Also, how are you clearing the CEL from the dp without software (jb4)?
I have the jb4, i believe the jb4 only gets rid of light and doesnt help pass emission. Also i didnt buy a brand spankin new mpe exhaust, i bought off a guy from f30 post for 700 (Used but works fine) and got a used catless dp(no leaks, strong welds, no problems). You just gotta keep an eye out on for sale section, you never know, there might be a guy selling a 340 exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 08:57 AM   #34
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Yes, that's how it was on my E90. Nice thing about it was you can pull into a dealership, and not have any issues with warranty, etc. That "luxury" did come at a cost though (IE ~4x a JB4)
Appreciate 1