F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Backup camera coding help
GetBMWParts

12-07-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport, 6MT, Alpine White

Garage List
Backup camera coding help

Hello.

Few days ago I have retrofitted OEM backup camera to my F31, I have done all hardware work, now I only need to code it to work.

I have VO coded and added 3AG option to the HU_NBT and FEM_BODY but camera doesn't work, when I put in reverse I only see PDC sensors and camera menu on the left side of the screen, but no image.

I have connected everything correctly, but I'm not sure in coding, do i have to code some other ECU's or HU_NBT and FEM_BODY is enough?

Thanks.

Last edited by Ace320; 12-30-2019 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace320 View Post
Hello.

Few days ago I have retrofitted OEM backup camera to my F31, I have done all hardware work, now I only need to code it to work, but problem is, I don't know how to do it and now am looking for someone to do it for me (I will pay it ofc)

This type of coding is doable via remote coding, so it doesn't matter from are you.

P.S The retrofit kit I bought came with Surround View camera module, bcs I bought it from wracked F30, and that car had surround view, but I bought rear view camera only. (Other cameras not included in kit)
So, do I have to code Surround View or Rear View camera bcs camera module is Surround View.
Do u have esys installed and everything needed to code remotely like enet cable and internet access to the car? Btw u code the surround view module with 3ag in ur FA along with the head unit and possibly other ecu's.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Quote:
Hello.

Few days ago I have retrofitted OEM backup camera to my F31, I have done all hardware work, now I only need to code it to work, but problem is, I don't know how to do it and now am looking for someone to do it for me (I will pay it ofc)

This type of coding is doable via remote coding, so it doesn't matter from are you.

P.S The retrofit kit I bought came with Surround View camera module, bcs I bought it from wracked F30, and that car had surround view, but I bought rear view camera only. (Other cameras not included in kit)
So, do I have to code Surround View or Rear View camera bcs camera module is Surround View.
Do u have esys installed and everything needed to code remotely like enet cable and internet access to the car? Btw u code the surround view module with 3ag in ur FA along with the head unit and possibly other ecu's.
I have ENET cable and internet access.
      12-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #4
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello.

I have ENET cable and internet access.
If u have esys installed and u can connect to your car an have any issues there squared away I can code your car for you today (Sunday) If your ready message me.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2019, 03:36 AM   #5
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If u have esys installed and u can connect to your car an have any issues there squared away I can code your car for you today (Sunday) If your ready message me.
Hi, sorry for late response.

Yes, I have E-Sys 3.27.1

I have tried adding 3AG option, but it did nothing.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 07:04 AM   #6
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Garage List
BUMP.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 01:37 PM   #7
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, sorry for late response.

Yes, I have E-Sys 3.27.1

I have tried adding 3AG option, but it did nothing.
U have to add 3ag then go code the 2 or 3 ecus I forget exactly which ones. Quick search n you'll find.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 01:44 PM   #8
Ace320
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
U have to add 3ag then go code the 2 or 3 ecus I forget exactly which ones. Quick search n you'll find.
I have VO coded 3AG option and then coded HU_NBT and when I went to code TRSCV, I couldn't, as you can see from the screenshot, it's blank, won't letting me click CODE.

I've been searching for a whole day to code backup camera, without any success.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0