F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding Speed Limit Info
Studio RSR

11-15-2018, 10:18 PM   #23
tigger_643
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean750 View Post

I attached a screendump of the proper parameter settings. Notice that I didn't got the following message:

----------
AppID 126
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------

But instead the following:

----------
AppID 126
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic light
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus not available
----------

This didn't affect the working of SLI though, as far as I can see. I tested the car and SLI worked properly, it also recognized the roadsigns of roadwork and so on. Pretty impressive. I also got the speed limit option to enable/disable it in my idrive menu.

I also got the same result with the SWTType SWTclassic and FSCCertStatus values. And similar to you, it works fine. Thanks again greb for your help with getting the FSC code.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
greb67.00
      11-17-2018, 06:19 AM   #24
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Erm...since when the signs are shown just as a white quad without the red circle??

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 04:41 PM   #25
tigger_643
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

North American, I guess? All the cars I've seen here in Canada with SLI have it as shown in the pictures above. I noticed on multiple threads that the European models have the red circle which you mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 05:42 AM   #26
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Hm, metric values (degrees and speedometer) but the time into PM format...dont think so. 60MPH within city limits is also for Canada a very fast speed, aint?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #27
tigger_643
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

It's km/h. And I changed the clock to 12 hour format.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2018, 01:49 AM   #28
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

'K, that answers not the plain white quad instead of red circled signs, but all in all it works.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #29
opschwarz
Registered
Rep
Drives: M4 Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by greb View Post
Well guys, lucky me today. Finally one of the dealers ordered the fsc code and sent it to me by e-mail. Just €40,-...

I directly coded it with E-Sys and it works!

Dear Greb,

can you say me or send me a PM for the configuration in E-Sys?
What fo strings i must change in E-Sys?

Thanks and regards

Pierre
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 05:22 AM   #30
hasanak
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320i ed

Quote:
Well guys, lucky me today. Finally one of the dealers ordered the fsc code and sent it to me by e-mail. Just €40,-...

Dear Greb,

I live in Turkey and my car has a Kafas2. We opened the speed limit info specifiaction but we need fsc code. Three lines appear on the screen but it doesn't read any of signs. Can you contact with me by pm please?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #31
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F26 X4 35d

Hi,

I purchased the FSC SLI files from greb and had the same thing, updated KAFAS2 and KOMBI Ecu's and could only get the round circle with 3 ---.

After investing with greb, I was advised that I needed to update the Kafas2 ECU firmware, I got the v.4.14.14_PSdZData_Full files from ShawnSheridan and now get the SLI round circle with speed detected from navigation maps that is updated when Kafas2 camera reads a speed sign.

My vehicle is a 2016 F26 X4 35d and I live in Australia.

Cheerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasanak View Post
Dear Greb,

I live in Turkey and my car has a Kafas2. We opened the speed limit info specifiaction but we need fsc code. Three lines appear on the screen but it doesn't read any of signs. Can you contact with me by pm please?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #32
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hi greb,

My SLI from FSC files purchased is working well except it doesn't detect 25 KPH signs in Adelaide, Australia.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1564189

I'm not sure if 25 KPH is a parameter in the Kafas2 ECU coding that's disabled as it's used mainly for school zones when lights are flashing, but 25 KPH is also used for most road works speed restrictions.

My main query though is, how do you get the ARROW showing in the bottom of the instrument cluster (Kombi) that shows next to the SLI speed circle.

Cheerz

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 03:07 AM   #33
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

First: Correct me if Im wrong but into Adelaide the speed limits are shown into MPH, aint?
Second: Construction areas on street are metric limited to 30 KPH, so if you're converting the speed you would end up below with MPH.

I dont know the exact possibilites of the archieved speed limit combinations, but here into Europe a 25 KPH speed sign wasnt recognized until more than 30 years of driving experience - what is not meaning that they are maybe present at some countries.

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #34
Mr.Kicker
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Yes, so if anyone needs any FSC codes please let me know!
I'm interested! Please help.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 02:17 AM   #35
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hi,

Adelaide and Australia are using metric measures like KPH, mm/cm/metres.

Cheerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
First: Correct me if Im wrong but into Adelaide the speed limits are shown into MPH, aint?
Second: Construction areas on street are metric limited to 30 KPH, so if you're converting the speed you would end up below with MPH.

I dont know the exact possibilites of the archieved speed limit combinations, but here into Europe a 25 KPH speed sign wasnt recognized until more than 30 years of driving experience - what is not meaning that they are maybe present at some countries.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #36
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daMANiack View Post
Hi,

Adelaide and Australia are using metric measures like KPH, mm/cm/metres.

Cheerz
Noted, thanks for the heads up

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #37
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:

$40 for the fsc code?? Damn that seems awfully cheap. May I ask what dealership this is?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #38
Raygbmw1
Australia
Rep
Drives: Bmw116 F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by daMANiack View Post
Hi greb,

My SLI from FSC files purchased is working well except it doesn't detect 25 KPH signs in Adelaide, Australia.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1564189

I'm not sure if 25 KPH is a parameter in the Kafas2 ECU coding that's disabled as it's used mainly for school zones when lights are flashing, but 25 KPH is also used for most road works speed restrictions.

My main query though is, how do you get the ARROW showing in the bottom of the instrument cluster (Kombi) that shows next to the SLI speed circle.

Cheerz
Mate the arrow in the kombi is from the navigation. You can Fdl code the kombi I can’t remember to change but google it, it’s out there
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2018, 04:43 PM   #39
KillerM3
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Hi i have a F80 M3, can you PM me for the FSC code?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #40
thomas78
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 420

[/QUOTE]

Quote:
do you have also Front Collision Warning FSC and Pedestrian Detection FSC
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #41
flyinraven
Rep
Drives: F30

Thanks to the help of daMANiack , greb, shawnsheridan , SimonB and baturbo , I have managed to get and into the FSC, download the full PSdZData, flash my KAFAS2 ECU and get the SLI fully working. I will compile the steps that I have done as it was different (require more steps) for other members.

I have a 2016 F30 with the KAFAS2 camera (the one with the word "connected drive) and NBT2 Evo head unit, in Perth Australia.

What you need:

1. Purchase a BMW FSC for the SLI from someone. I got mine from greb.

2. To flash any ECUs, you need to download and replace the PSdZData folder with the full one. I got mine from shawnsheridan .

3. To code the FA, insert the FSC, and flash the KAFAS2 ECU, I used the E-sys launcher PRO that I bought from ebay. The free E-sys premium launchers weren't working for me even with the rearm script by tony. At this stage, there are no other options apart from this and e-sysx/ e-sys plus. If you just need flashing, you won't need the launchers, you just need the e-sys program.

Steps:
1. I followed baturbo 's post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baturbo View Post
I have tweeked the instructions I received from Greb to get it working for me

Store the fsc files locally. You should have received 3 files:
e.g. xxxxxxx_007f1234.xml
e.g. xxxxxxx_007f1234.der (FSC Code Certificate)
e.g. xxxxxxx_007f1234.fsc (FSC Code)

1. Add '8TH' to FA and code related modules KOMBI, NBT and KAFAS2. Follow these instructions ( http://www.bmwesys.com/guides/VO%20C...ep%20Guide.pdf )
2. Load FSC Code Certificate - Options => Settings => FSC Tab => Certificate Field. Load FSC Code Certificate (e.g. xxxxxxx_007F1234.der)
3. In 'comfort' mode go to FSC and browse for the FSC file. (e.g. xxxxxxx_007F1234.fsc)
4. In the 'FA Field' select "Read FA" to use cars current VO.

Enter the following in the fields:

Diagnostic Address (hex) = 0x5D
Application Number (dec) = 0x7E
Base Variant = KAFAS2
Upgrade Index = 0x01

5. Select "Upgrade FSC" to Import and Activate FSC Code. NOTE: I clicked 'update' instead or 'upgrade'. Don’t do this.
6. Select "Check FSC Status", and you should see:

----------
AppID 126
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus accepted
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
The only difference was that I ended up with "SWTclassic lite" and "FSCCertStatus not available". That isn't an issue, which was also demonstrated by Sean750 .

Some people would have SLI fully working at this stage but unfortunately not for me. As I have a MY2016 F30, daMANiack advised that the KAFAS2 (only) ECU needed to be flashed.

2. To flash the KAFAS2 ECU, I didn't use the battery charger as it was not a drivetrain/ power ECU. I just left the car engine on, and my Win 7 laptop plugged in, with laptop battery in situ (in case of power outage). I followed these steps (credits to someone from the forums - sorry I can't find the source):

Go to Comfort Mode => TAL-Calculating
— Read and Save FA
— Activate FA (you will see the green active word)
— Read and Save SVT Actual (SVT_ist)
— Create an SVT Target (SVT_soll)
Under KIS/SVT Target Calculation Strategy, select Complete Flash
Select I-Step (shipm.) to your original I-Level as read and shown in VCM I-Step (Shipment)
Select I-Step (target.) to the latest I-Level
Do a KIS/SVT Target Calculation and Save
— Do a TAL Calculation and Save

Go to Expert Mode => TAL-Processing
— Load TAL
— Load SVT Target (SVT_soll)
— Load or Read FA (I have to reload the saved FA from the above steps as reading didn't work)
— Make checkboxes at blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy, ibaDeploy
— Press Check software availability
— Press Start…

What was different for me was that I was prompted to key in the Istep for Current, Last and Target manually before I could start the flash. I keyed in the current I-Step as the one that was on the latest full PSdZData, target and last were just the old one under VCM. I am unsure if that was the correct way but everything worked for me so far.

3. Wait a while for the flashing to be completed, took me 17 min.

4. I restarted the vehicle. There were some DTCs generated with the check engine light, and I cleared them via the service menu from the instrument cluster
- Press and hold the trip reset button for >10s
- Short press to scroll to Unlock
- Long press to enter Unlock
- Short press to enter you unlock code - the sum of the last 5 digits of your VIN
- Short press to "DTC" and long press to enter
- Clear the DTC with long press and long press to exit

If you are not able to clear the DTC, you can use the e-sys as shown here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Can do it with e-sys mate, use E-Sys Transmitter function:

Click "External Applications" in the left menu.
Click "External Application"
Double-click "Transmitter"
Scroll to the bottom and double-click "... Clear all DTCs ..."
5. Test drive and enjoy the new feature, and pat yourself on the back for not giving your hard earned cash to the stealership! (I was quoted A$1100 minimum for it).

These steps were what worked for me but YMMV. There may be better ways to do it that I'm unsure of so use this guide with caution, particularly when it comes to ECU flashing.

Cheers,
Flyinraven
Appreciate 4
greb67.00
f30ill0.00
Rftech0.00
      01-18-2019, 03:54 AM   #42
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
I am really keen to have SLI but am lazy and don't want to redo all of my coding for the ECUs which will be flashed.

Does anyone know the individual coding involved to get SLI working?

My wife's X3 has SLI and it is so handy, really want it on my 340i but don't want to recode all of my individual settings.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #43
flyinraven
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
I am really keen to have SLI but am lazy and don't want to redo all of my coding for the ECUs which will be flashed.

My wife's X3 has SLI and it is so handy, really want it on my 340i but don't want to recode all of my individual settings.
The only ECU that needs flashing is the KAFAS2. I don't think you have too many settings to change on it to begin with.

Edit: If you are lucky that your KAFAS2 has a more up to date firmware, you may not even need to flash.

Last edited by flyinraven; 01-18-2019 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Edit above.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 03:54 PM   #44
daMANiack
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Hi,

Yes, greatly depends on the build date of your car and country it was made for.

My 2016 F26 X4 35d for Australia was obviously flashed with firmware for the Kafas2 ECU before BMW had resolved SLI detection from our numerous speed signs so they didn't include it by default.

I had to add 8TH to the cars FA, then update the Kafas2 firmware to a later version, I used v.4.14.14_PSdZData_Full.

I then had to code the HU_NBT2, Kombi and ECU to inject SLI parameters.

Then inject the FSC SLI files using E-Sys.

I'm a novice and most things I do regarding coding is new so I don't remember details all that well, I have to research before I do something.

Cheerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post

Appreciate 0