F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bootmod3 - please advise :)
GetBMWParts

03-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #243
chriscruz7411
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
In the end i decided to go to a local tuner who knows about AH3, and i'm scheduled for April 7th.
Nice! Please report back when you get it tuned!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 02:14 PM   #244
vigilante
Private
Rep
Drives: Activehybrid 3 M sport

I am also looking to get a tune for my active hybrid 3. I have the following mods:

pure stage 2 turbo
jb4
bms meth kit
BMS intake
Fuel it LPFP kit
straight through exhuast no cat
ER charge pipes
wagner evo 2 intercooler

I like the JB4 alot but also want to add the Burble which the jb4 cannot. Can I get a BM3 back end flash and use the JB4 on top of it to switch maps and run the meth kit.

Who is the most experiences custom tuner for the AH3
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2018, 12:59 AM   #245
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

@afranke was running a similar setup, on the european side a few of us went with BR performance custom tuner, we're happy with the tune, except i ran into fueling issues with hpfp apparently, which wouldn't be an issue for you with meth and/or port injection, i need to keep it simple.

I also have a bm3 license and will see if they can take me any further than current tune + add burbles
      04-20-2018, 05:58 AM   #246
vigilante
Private
Rep
Drives: Activehybrid 3 M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
@afranke was running a similar setup, on the european side a few of us went with BR performance custom tuner, we're happy with the tune, except i ran into fueling issues with hpfp apparently, which wouldn't be an issue for you with meth and/or port injection, i need to keep it simple.

I also have a bm3 license and will see if they can take me any further than current tune + add burbles
Thanks for your reply.

by fueling issues you mean you maxed out the HPFP or was it a tune issue?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 01:14 AM   #247
G3333
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Hi! I hope that someone can help me, I have opened a support ticket but I am not sure when they are going to reply. In short...

I flashed my F86 X6M to stage 2. I got a drivetrain malfunction once successful (took a few tries) and was then unable to online recode. I unplugged the battery for several minutes and that cleared the code. I felt the power, cold start was removed, car was flashed.

Today I wanted to adjust the burble so I went ahead and re-flashed. During the flash, the log in BM3 agent said coding not applied. It proceeded through the process and said flash successful but continued to throw the drivetrain malfunction. Once again, I was unable to online recode and kept getting the drivetrain malfunction, even after unplugging the batteries again.

Since I kept getting this malfunction, I tried to stock and lock. It went through successfully, but still throws the drivetrain malfunction. I am still unable to clear this code, I have spent several hours trying everything.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:01 PM   #248
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3333 View Post
Hi! I hope that someone can help me, I have opened a support ticket but I am not sure when they are going to reply. In short...

I flashed my F86 X6M to stage 2. I got a drivetrain malfunction once successful (took a few tries) and was then unable to online recode. I unplugged the battery for several minutes and that cleared the code. I felt the power, cold start was removed, car was flashed.

Today I wanted to adjust the burble so I went ahead and re-flashed. During the flash, the log in BM3 agent said coding not applied. It proceeded through the process and said flash successful but continued to throw the drivetrain malfunction. Once again, I was unable to online recode and kept getting the drivetrain malfunction, even after unplugging the batteries again.

Since I kept getting this malfunction, I tried to stock and lock. It went through successfully, but still throws the drivetrain malfunction. I am still unable to clear this code, I have spent several hours trying everything.
I have a very similar issue in my G20 330i except my car refuses to even start. It says flashed successfully. It also says coding not applied on BM3 agent. It throws up a car cannot be started in gear error and a parked on steep roadway error when car is in P and parked on level ground. Reflashing and locking DME to stock shows the same error (and also the same things in the browser and BM3 agent). I'm in touch with PTF but they aren't sure what the issue could be.
Anybody have any ideas? Currently, I've removed the negative terminal but I'm afraid to reconnect it to find the error still present.
Appreciate 0